Save from Base Game not Transferring to DC

Leigrez

So I was just wondering if there is something I’m doing wrong, but my buddy (who I game share with and is from the UK - I’m NA) bought Ghost of Tsushima regular edition. Which I played through and platted the game, and I am halfway through the NG+ at the moment.

I decided to finally go back to the game, to finish it off, and I downloaded the Director’s Cut of the game, from PS Plus Extra (so I can do the island DLC) and my save doesn’t register. It’s on my system and when I redownloaded the game off my buddies account, the save loads up fine. But there are no options to transfer a save from the base game to the DC (Director’s Cut). I havent tried to load up the PS5 version yet, but I’m worried that if I do, its a one time story autpop and I will still have to do NG+ and the island expansion a second time there.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, because I feel like the save should register on the DC version and I should not have to re-run the whole campaign again on there. 

On a side note, I know plenty of people here will say, oh well its an incredible game, so enjoy the playthrough again… unfortunately, I’m in the minority on this, but I’m not a fan of the game and would love to remove multiple playthroughs if I can.

I’ve tried looking for a solution so I can continue where I am currently, on the DC version, but I can’t find one at all. Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.

Cheers,

Leigrez

Edited by Leigrez
Typos

The saves are region locked so unless you have a UK copy of the DC handy, you will have to start over entirely from scratch. There's also a chance the saves are version locked as well so Retail and Digital versions of the game won't recognise each other's saves.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

18 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The saves are region locked so unless you have a UK copy of the DC handy, you will have to start over entirely from scratch. There's also a chance the saves are version locked as well so Retail and Digital versions of the game won't recognise each other's saves.

Uhhh gross… thanks for the information though… it’s what I was thinking it might be, but I couldn’t pull up that info.  

So does that mean I have to do everything I did in the first run on the new game so it auto pops and if I miss doing anything (which I won’t know since I won’t pop a trophy) it wont auto pop I assume?

If so, sounds like a speed run on the ps4 DC version, to the end of new game + with the island expansion in full. Then I guess an additional full playthrough of the PS5 version… just ridiculous.

*Disclaimer* I have no experience with game sharing but..

If your buddy has Extra couldn't you just download the UK version of DC? or is that what you did already? Wasn't super clear..

Edited by gruffiiti

On 2/8/2024 at 1:27 PM, gruffiiti said:

*Disclaimer* I have no experience with game sharing but..

If your buddy has Extra couldn't you just download the UK version of DC? or is that what you did already? Wasn't super clear..

No he doesn’t. He’s mainly an Xbox guy. He bought the game when it first came out. If he did have extra, it’s what I would do for sure. But unfortunately  it seems like I’m stuck going through the game 2 full times again… on my account since I have extra and don’t want to pay more for a bs restriction on the game save. 

Edited by Leigrez