How do you celebrate christmas?

ille1234

If you do celebrate christmas, how do you do it? Do you celebrate it the traditional way or have you developed your traditions?

I myself am Swedish, if you didn't know, and over her we celebrate christmas a bit differently. For starters we celebrate christmas on the 24th and we open presents that day to. My family and I usually wake up reasonably early in the morning and spend some time together just hanging out. After that we usually go for a little christmas walk around our block, just for fun. Then we usually spend about an hour in the sauna, drinking beer and laughing, having a good time.

Around 3 o'clock Donald Duck begins, and I can honestly say that I think that at least 90% of all the people in Sweden watch Donald Duck on christmas, it's one of our biggest traditions. That usually goes on for an hour and after that it's present time!

At about 6 o'clock it's dinner time. Christmas dinner in Sweden is basically a huge buffé with tons of food. Meatballs, salmon, "sill", "prinskorv", ribs and a lot more.

Not enirely unexpectedly, dinner takes some time. After that we just hang around and chat until bedtime, just having a good time.

That's christmas at our house. I love it :-)