Question about "Very Hard Boiled" Trophy

Beast_Mode255

I can do the whole game easily with just Pistols only, but the final level (Lara's Home) they only give you the Shotgun. That doesn't affect the trophy, does it? I mean I assume not, but is there some trick to it or do you just HAVE to use the Shotgun for that one level? 

Sorry I know it might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure before I put a 3rd playthrough in on TR2 

Also a couple other trophies I don't quite understand. The one where you have to get the cabin key from the raft without swimming in the underground lake? Yeah, I did that and didn't get the trophy. In fact I got the key with touching any water at all in the level, is there something else to it? Another trophy I don't understand is light a flare in front of mystical eyes. I literally tons of flares in front of the eyes on the doors in the Tibet levels, in front of the statue, in front of the eyes painted on the ways, and nothing. No trophy. Any information for those trophies would be very much appreciated. Also also one last trophy, beat the Monk level without letting any Monks die, I went through the whole level save scumming and I didn't see a single one die and yet I didn't get it. I'm just gonna assume one died off screen when I was away and then maybe the body disappeared (cuz I went around looking for the dead Monk body and didn't see it anywhere) but yeah mostly the mystical eye trophy, the Cabin key from the raft trophy, and the pistol only trophy are the ones I need information on please and thank you so much in advance! 

This is me speculating, but i believe that Lara home is an Epilogue. You complete the Dragons Lair you should get the trophy. Because it would be stupid that it got itself locked out that way... Or you could not shoot any enemy in Lara's home. 

Also i did the monestary without any moncks dying and i also did not get the trophy... Also that one from the eyes i also tryed and nothing. I didn't try the one without swimming was gonna do it in my second Play. 

8 hours ago, Danyy___85 said:

This is me speculating, but i believe that Lara home is an Epilogue. You complete the Dragons Lair you should get the trophy. Because it would be stupid that it got itself locked out that way... Or you could not shoot any enemy in Lara's home. 

Also i did the monestary without any moncks dying and i also did not get the trophy... Also that one from the eyes i also tryed and nothing. I didn't try the one without swimming was gonna do it in my second Play. 

Is it possible to beat Lara's home without shooting the shotgun once? If so how?

3 hours ago, Beast_Mode255 said:

Got the Plat

Silk cave spider trophy? I had no problem with it. I would save, make sure I walk over every single tile to get EVERY spider out, and of course don't get hit by any of them, if you do then reload.

I did that exactly

I killed all the spiders,did not get hit,no trophy

No saves between 

Is the 6 hours speedrun doable without cheats?

3 hours ago, Squarevii87 said:

I did that exactly

I killed all the spiders,did not get hit,no trophy

No saves between 

Is the 6 hours speedrun doable without cheats?

I came here for the EXACT SAME THING! I also tried this, pistols only, i saved at the entrance cave and used a medipack for full health (to be more aware if i get hit), i ran and ran around to see if anymore spideys came but nothing and finished the segment and no trophy... God dammit. 

How was the Speedrun? Is it really doable in 6 hours without glitches?

• Like 1

I also had a lot of trouble with the "Silk Cave" trophy so I wanna help out here. In the end I got it on my 2nd run of the game (no NG+) going for under 6 hours. I saved at the start of the level and made sure I would not get hit by ANY enemy. I think fall damage is unavoidable at the temple entrance but it didn't matter thankfully.

There's two tricky enemys in this. The tiger in the dark room and the fish in the room right after inserting the golden key.

For the tiger I just saved and tried again and again to reach the save spot you open with the lever without getting hit.

The catfish either hits you or you take it out with the harpoon gun. Can't remember which one I did to make it work though. The second one right before the cave can be ignored.

I think the trophy might track the two spiders in the fiery room with the stone/silver secret and the two spawns in the big room with the single dragon head and jade secret. It might be enough to kill them too with pistols and not take damage or there's other enemies that wrongfully track for the trophy.

Anyways, good luck

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:41 AM, Danyy___85 said:

How was the Speedrun? Is it really doable in 6 hours without glitches?

It depends on what you mean by glitch.

I've used some shortcuts and corner bugs to finish levels pretty quickly. I'm doing it concurrently with my 'all collectible' run, so after reaching The Deck (level 10), I'm just under 110 minutes total. So far the Diving Area has been the longest level in the speedrun at a little under 20 minutes to beat.

Edited by Shemhazat

5 hours ago, Niclas_2009 said:

I think the trophy might track the two spiders in the fiery room with the stone/silver secret and the two spawns in the big room with the single dragon head and jade secret. It might be enough to kill them too with pistols and not take damage

Thats exactly

That was the issue why not trophy was not popping for me

I was bitten by the first spider

So that means this trophy is a easy one and not bugged at all

There are 4 small spiders before going to the spider cave,you must kill them all with pistols and not take damage(save often)

By reaching the cave save first, kill 7 small and 5 big spiders

Trophy will pop killing the last one

Good to know! Will try this later for silk cave trophy! (Currently playing Crisis core in preperation for Rebirth 😌)

I just have another trophy that i don't know to jump from, it's the boat one in the venice levels... Anyone can provide an image on where should i jump, i tried from various high places and didn't pop... 

And who else is now trying the DLC? Does it seem doable?

On 2/19/2024 at 7:42 AM, Beast_Mode255 said:

I can do the whole game easily with just Pistols only, but the final level (Lara's Home) they only give you the Shotgun. That doesn't affect the trophy, does it? I mean I assume not, but is there some trick to it or do you just HAVE to use the Shotgun for that one level? 

Sorry I know it might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure before I put a 3rd playthrough in on TR2 

I don't think it will count? Or did it?

I can confirm I've got the hard boiled trophy and I used flares through out. (People on other groups have been concerned) it's just along as you don't use any other weapon apart from pistols

Edited by Shep_of_Coseley

I did the whole game pistols only legit and the trophy didnt unlock.

I tried with level skip too and it didnt unlock either.

Pistol only unlocking fine with TR1, and it seems bugged for me in TR2.

I feel robbed since these last levels are boring with pistols only :(

Edited by Hxwittz

I just finished my pistols only speed run and the trophy popped as soon as I saw the Dragon's Lair end screen, so I didn't have any issues with it. Something I made sure to do was never pick up another weapon even if it came with a medipack just in case I accidentally equipped it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I never used anything but the pistols, played through the whole game legit on normal (not NG+). No Very Hard Boiled trophy. I saved just before pulling the dagger out of the dragon just in case, but I'm super bummed.  I didn't use the black snowmobile guns but I did mount one. I also ended up picking up the harpoon gun and the grenade launcher by accident but NEVER had them equipped. 

Edited by Maenta

I just got this trophy.

It popped as you get the stats screen after killing dragon in The Dragons Lair Level

This is before the Home Sweet Home chapter.

(I picked up all weapons and items also, but never selected or used any other weapon except Lara's pistols)

(never used the guns on snowmobile, but did run over the enemies using the snowmobile)

Hard slog, but it is worth it on a single playthrough)

At least you can save freely as much as you want in this one...

Edited by JRSC01
Update
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 10:55 PM, Maenta said:

I never used anything but the pistols, played through the whole game legit on normal (not NG+). No Very Hard Boiled trophy. I saved just before pulling the dagger out of the dragon just in case, but I'm super bummed.  I didn't use the black snowmobile guns but I did mount one. I also ended up picking up the harpoon gun and the grenade launcher by accident but NEVER had them equipped. 

Did you run over an enemy with a snowmobile? Also, I didn't used any snowmobile during my playthrough and got the trophy. Maybe that's what happened.

• Like 1

I did because I was focusing on guns...but i suppose that running over enemies with the red snowmobile counts as killing them not using the pistols. It seems obvious now...but definitely caught me out. I'll be more careful on my next playthrough and on the bright side, it's all just giving me more practice for the NG+ run and speedrun. 

• Like 1

@Maenta I've got the trophy as well, without ever using a snowmobile. I confirm that, exactly as in TR3, equipping weapons different than pistols does not void the Hard Boiled Trophy as long as you never fire with them.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2024 at 11:01 PM, JRSC01 said:

I just got this trophy.

It popped as you get the stats screen after killing dragon in The Dragons Lair Level

This is before the Home Sweet Home chapter.

(I picked up all weapons and items also, but necer selected or used any other weapon except Lara's pistols)

Hard slog, but it is worth it on a single playthrough)

At least you can save freely as much as you want in this one...

You were always able to save freely in this game, it was only TR1 and TR3 that had Save Crystals/Beacons for Saving.

• Like 1