Infected Mode is NOT available in this version

I beat it today and love it that Resistance is finally back! :platinum:

I really hope they patch the infected mode in! Was really disappointed that it's not included. :(

They also have screenshots from it at the PS Store Product side from the infected campaign so I really hope they give the mode to us later on. <3

• Like 4

There'd have to be an alternate way to start the game right? Because the way it worked was you connect with Resistance 2 on a PS3. Like I don't think this is necessarily easy to just patch in and they may not be able to because of rights issues because they might have to change the game code to make it available. For these emulated games, there's no change to the game code. Sony has a technology to allow upscaling and trophy unlocks without actually modifying the underlying game.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It seems that they were testing it (their PSP emulator includes options for enabling it), so perhaps there is a chance that a future patch adds a option to turn it on and off.

Edited by andshrew
typo
  • Like 4

The thing is, as far as I can tell, you don't select Infected mode or not, in the video is just starts up as Infected mode like Resistance Plus mode. I'm sure they can make it do that but then how would you play the normal mode. If it's one or the other the normal mode is probably better.

35 minutes ago, emailking said:

The thing is, as far as I can tell, you don't select Infected mode or not, in the video is just starts up as Infected mode like Resistance Plus mode. I'm sure they can make it do that but then how would you play the normal mode. If it's one or the other the normal mode is probably better.

In the video it starts up in infected mode because that is how they'd implemented it at the moment. On real hardware I believe it could be activated as long as the game is at the main menu.

They need to add a button into their emulator menu, either to toggle it on or to reboot the game in infected mode. Closing and restarting the game would then return you to normal.  Likewise, a toggle to switch between Resistance Plus mode and the standard control scheme would be nice. But seemingly simple menu options like that can be complex to implement, so perhaps they weren't allowed the time to finish it.... or perhaps thats why the trophy fix patch is taking so long and its being rolled into a larger update that might bring some of these options. 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2024 at 5:53 PM, andshrew said:

It seems that they were testing it (their PSP emulator includes options for enabling it), so perhaps there is a chance that a future patch adds a option to turn it on and off.

I really hope they bring us the Mode in the next patch! The PS Store Product Side has 50% of the Game Screenshots from this mode in HD so they definitely tested it before. 

🙏🏻

• Like 2