PS5 entering "Latter Half" in lifecycle, Struggling sales with no price drop, Pro Version in 2024 to compete with Xbox?

BIOHAZARD-R-US

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I am one of those who have held off on buying a PS5 for a few reasons.

Most games I've been interested in and purchased have been available for both PS4 and PS5 (Elden Ring, Persona 3 Reload, Resident Evil 8, Street Fighter 6, etc.) and choosing whether to upgrade to a new system for $500 and pay $70 for games or continue to pay $60 at a lower power... It doesn't feel necessary to upgrade. It's not that I can't afford one; it just feels like a waste if I'm going to continue to play PS4 games on it. My apartment isn't that big either so finding a place for it where it would be useful (it's too big to fit where the PS4 currently is) would be hard.

I wonder if others are like me just content with playing games on an older system and don't see a good reason to upgrade...

I'm in same boat, I been renting out my condo and living in a cheap apartment in a nice area. Not much space for extra consoles and to be honest Sony dropped the ball on this PS5 console.  Ever Since Sony moved to California the magic of the console is sorta just gone. Like what is the difference of owning a digital only PS5 whereas Steam offers free Online / Better Options. PS5 first Sony console that I decided to skip and I played PS1 thru PS4 on Multiple accounts, even on handhelds PSP & PSVita. 

NOTE: I shouldn't judge the PS5 console because I haven't bought it, just looking at what it has released and videos of it. 

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

It's frustrating all those articles only have one source, the Bloomberg article, yet none actually have the transcript to use the actual words used.

And if people actually want to feel a difference in gaming between generations, we have to get out of this cycle of Pro releases.

The Reason People are waiting / calling  for the PRO release is because  they want the best console for long term, but Sony don't care long term  I mean look at what occurred with Vita.  

I think there needs to be drop off from consoles in general or make new kinds of Hardware/Software where I can play old games and new games without Online services being shutdown. 

I don't want Sony to leave consoles in general but the current direction is bad IMO 

PS5 is a nice system but I only bought it like a year ago because I heard FFVII: Rebirth and Space Marine 2 is exclusive to it. I'm still playing mostly PS4 and I plan to play it to its end. The only problem now is I'm running out space on extended storage and the extended storage doesn't work quite the same between the PS4 and PS5. PS5 games must be run locally due to the M.2 memory management system. I would gladly buy more extended storage for PS4 but instead I had to invest in M.2 storage and start migrating to PS5's new architecture. Expanding the PS5 is going to be much more costly and a hassle.

9 hours ago, DaivRules said:

It's frustrating all those articles only have one source, the Bloomberg article, yet none actually have the transcript to use the actual words used.

And if people actually want to feel a difference in gaming between generations, we have to get out of this cycle of Pro releases.

1 instance is not a cycle or pattern. 

I do wish fewer people used influencers for news and treated rumors as facts. (Tangent thought. No clue how you spend your time online)

22 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

1 instance is not a cycle or pattern. 

I do wish fewer people used influencers for news and treated rumors as facts. (Tangent thought. No clue how you spend your time online)

You are correct. It is only one instance for PlayStation so far and I was more referring to the clamoring I see here for a PS5 Pro than anything outside here. This tends to be the only place I catch people posting video game information and wouldn’t be able to name a single influencer besides Linus Media Group personalities. 

Everyone saying they still use the ps4, but I couldn't wait to throw it out my window even before ps5 released. Ps4 load times in games and especially when navigating menus and the ps store is incredibly slow. Wasn't just me either, many people have said to me they hated going back to ps4 because it's just so slow. I don't mind waiting 3seconds.. sometimes 5 or 10 seconds.. but every single time?? When all I want is to quickly change something in my ps settings or look up a game in the store and being forced to wait an average of 3-5seconds at nearly every button press was annoying. Even when I played my main game, R6 Siege, the game would load for a few seconds every time I'd go into a new menu or be extremely slow when changing attachments mid-game when it's important. It's a surprise when my ps5 actually takes a few seconds to do anything, normally everything is instant. Just for that alone, the extra $500 is worth it to me.

Personally,

Ps3>ps2>ps1>ps5>...wait... further back....ps4

the sales are not struggling, the PS5 is outpacing the PS4 time aligned, and this is while launching in lockdown conditions, they just had unrealistic expectations and those expectations got corrected, as far as the ps5 being in it's finishing period, it is, a console usually is relevant for around 5 years, ps5 is in its 4th year, that is a factual statement, nothing to be mad or get worried about

• Like 3

On 2/23/2024 at 5:17 PM, DaivRules said:

we have to get out of this cycle of Pro releases.

This would also improve quality of games, as developers simply cant rely on power to make them shiny but need to learn to optimizes.

Leading to smaller games of same quality, or (and) leading to better performance of same quality, also leading to better development teams as they know their craft, leading to - in the end - less bugs or faster releases, as the development tools would also find optimizations as they would be required for a longer period of time.

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of sounding like a console warrior, but Xbox wishes it could succeed like the Playstation does. what is considered a "failure" for the PS5 by selling only 21 million units instead of 25 in a quarter, would be record breaking success for the Xbox. :hmm: