The Multiplayer is great fun but unfortunately DOA

The game just came out (24/02) and has quite a fun multiplayer mode with tons of trophies to grind, but without anyone playing it, a few of them will be neigh impossible to get. The section for this game on the developers discord is unfortunately dead too.

Also, the platinum might not be obtainable, the campaign trophy for killing an enemy with unignited ember doesn't work. I hope I'll get an answer about that on discord one day.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I'm lookin at getting this one. Waiting to get some more feedback on it, and moving so  not much time to game ATM.

Can the mp be done w 2 folk?

And yaa hopefully they fix that bugged trophy 

Leveling is getting super slow after the first few upgrades and I suspect you get much better stuff later on to be able to clear a run solo or with two people eventually. I reached the very last phase of the last boss solo a couple of times now, but beating it feels impossible with my current DPS and survivability.

If the multiplayer was populated I suspect this would be tons of fun, because the gameplay loop in general is great, even with the game being outdated and mediocre overall. But grinding it for yourself over and over gets old really quick.

6 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I'm lookin at getting this one. Waiting to get some more feedback on it, and moving so  not much time to game ATM.

Can the mp be done w 2 folk?

And yaa hopefully they fix that bugged trophy 

I played multiplayer with 2 players and had fun. I doubt the multiplayer lobbies for this will be as populated as Legendary Tales, but if you have a friend or two (crossplay supported), I think you can play multiplayer by scheduling the time together reliably.

1 hour ago, cusman said:

I played multiplayer with 2 players and had fun. I doubt the multiplayer lobbies for this will be as populated as Legendary Tales, but if you have a friend or two (crossplay supported), I think you can play multiplayer by scheduling the time together reliably.

Don't have to be that populated, but at least have 2-3 lobbies going at any given time...right now there is basically never even one.

But yeah, talking with people and coordinating a lobby works and is great fun. Played a few hours just now and knocked a lot of trophies out, but the grind for all skills will be insane. I think this might be a 60+ hour platinum, if it's even possible.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Are the Fire Lord, Ice Lord and Elemental trophies obtainable? I ask, because they're still at 0% here and on PSN after all this time :(.

I'm on the studios discord and just reported the situation after the newest patch from two days ago.

1. The ember kill trophy is now obtainable, I got it without issue.

2. The game got revamped heavily, there are no difficulties anymore and the progression in MP seems a bit but not massively better, but because my glitch didn't get fixed I didn't dive back in too long.

3. This is the big one: I THINK the trophies are now all obtainable, BUT if you at any point access the campaign mode on the same save slot as your multiplayer progress, the game resets key counters of the MP progression and consequently voids the save slot for the multiplayer trophies. Once you reset the skill counter for an MP class back to zero for example you can't ever get the max skill trophy playing that save slot anymore. Simply equipping and using all 12 skills of a class doesn't tell the trophy it should be unlocked, instead the in-game achievement tab does that, and if that's reset to 0, there is nothing that can be done about it.

For that reason no one has the big trophies yet, I guess. It's a huge grind in a mediocre game, the player base is tiny and most people will start a campaign attempt here and there, instead of staying in MP for 40 hours, permanently effing up their save slots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VeganVermithor said:

I'm on the studios discord and just reported the situation after the newest patch from two days ago.

1. The ember kill trophy is now obtainable, I got it without issue.

2. The game got revamped heavily, there are no difficulties anymore and the progression in MP seems a bit but not massively better, but because my glitch didn't get fixed I didn't dive back in too long.

3. This is the big one: I THINK the trophies are now all obtainable, BUT if you at any point access the campaign mode on the same save slot as your multiplayer progress, the game resets key counters of the MP progression and consequently voids the save slot for the multiplayer trophies. Once you reset the skill counter for an MP class back to zero for example you can't ever get the max skill trophy playing that save slot anymore. Simply equipping and using all 12 skills of a class doesn't tell the trophy it should be unlocked, instead the in-game achievement tab does that, and if that's reset to 0, there is nothing that can be done about it.

For that reason no one has the big trophies yet, I guess. It's a huge grind in a mediocre game, the player base is tiny and most people will start a campaign attempt here and there, instead of staying in MP for 40 hours, permanently effing up their save slots.

Thank you for the clarification, I'll get the Ember trophy unflagged now on PSNP+ :).

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2024 at 1:03 AM, VeganVermithor said:

I have mostly played multiplayer but I did try out the single player on the same save file and then have continued to play the multiplayer. I can see that you did eventually get Platinum and the game is still unlocking trophies in multiplayer for me.

I have the three Mage classes each at roughly level 12 right now. Should I be starting fresh in new save file or continue with them? What should I check to see if I have problem or not?

5 minutes ago, cusman said:

I have mostly played multiplayer but I did try out the single player on the same save file and then have continued to play the multiplayer. I can see that you did eventually get Platinum and the game is still unlocking trophies in multiplayer for me.

I have the three Mage classes each at roughly level 12 right now. Should I be starting fresh in new save file or continue with them? What should I check to see if I have problem or not?

In the multiplayer hub area when walking towards the platforms that would start a run, instead turn left to the outside of the circle and look for a gate leading towards a garden area with a large drumming crab. That's where the achievement board is. The board lists all multiplayer achievements, including the ones that reward trophies. If you are indeed level 12 with all classes, the achievement counter for "Unlock all skills" must show 12/36 (you unlock a skill every 3 levels, when in doubt just count the unlocked nodes in the classes skill trees). If it shows less than that when it shouldn't, your save is fucked. The bug I'm talking about resets that achievement counter back to 0 and it will never synchronize with your actual skill counter again.

You might've gotten lucky though and a patch might've fixed the entire issue in the meantime. It's been a minute since I played and I'm not keeping track of updates. And patches are not well communicated anymore anyways. GL!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@VeganVermithor Appreciate the reply. I'll check the achievements board next time we play. I am not too bothered with trophies, but I do like to unlock what I have earned and if there are problems, I'll take a little time and report issue to the developers on their Discord (as I see you do as well).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cusman said:

@VeganVermithor Appreciate the reply. I'll check the achievements board next time we play. I am not too bothered with trophies, but I do like to unlock what I have earned and if there are problems, I'll take a little time and report issue to the developers on their Discord (as I see you do as well).

Yeah, but you do it in a calm and collected manner while I go for the impulse control lacking angry rant. That way we are set up well on all fronts. 🤣

You lost your cool a bit on the Soul Covenant issue though, but seeing the game is still not fixed weeks later is absolutely unacceptable and losing patience isn't out of line at all imo.

Fingers crossed for improving game quality in the future.