Playstation Studios layoffs and more.

On 2/27/2024 at 3:37 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I doubt the $70 price tag is helping many developers much. Perhaps they should go back to the $40-60 day one prices we had for years?

They were greedy and now they are paying for it. Heck they hardly even do "sales" anymore. Most games dont drop below $35 (which is almost the day one price of Helldivers 2.) on a sale now.

That's just stupid.

A lot of those sales were hype and people then regretted buying Palworld which is why it dropped significantly in player count already. 

Sort of luck of the draw, but the pokemon look-a-like build helped sell it too.

In Mexico it's a really weird situation, let's say the price of the dollar is 18.00 Mexican pesos (something more something less), FF7 rebirth launch day and preorder regular edition was 1500 Mexican pesos, which is around 83 dollars with taxes and everything, the game literally day 2 at Amazon got a drop discount to 1250 Mexican pesos which is around 69 dollars, and then it stayed to around 1350, so yeah, you can see this is a huge mess, I don't know the market in other countries, but I don't know if this hits devs directly, but I guess yes , because media and sites calculate total sale numbers, but not how many were on discounts, flash sales, or physical sales.

Edited by Don_Chipotle