For the music makers on this site, what was the longest you have stayed up for to put out a song/album and what was the longest time you have taken on making a song?

x49ersblitzkreig

6 minutes ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

I'm just curious as I'm making beats right now because of a promised album that I've promised I will release on Saturday. 

I spent months on Final Fantasy VI but is never enough... never good enough. When you say making beats, how? What program, do you have pre-set shit?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UnIvIIIrsum said:

I spent months on Final Fantasy VI but is never enough... never good enough. When you say making beats, how? What program, do you have pre-set shit?

I use Soundtrap to make my beats. I export my beats from Soundtrap and post them on Bandlab. Also, I respect the Final Fantasy VI grind.

6 minutes ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

I use Soundtrap to make my beats. I export my beats from Soundtrap and post them on Bandlab. Also, I respect the Final Fantasy VI grind.

Oh damn. I was raised with trackers, impulse, fast etc :D. Renoise ftw. How many -db in final mix? I always fuck up there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UnIvIIIrsum said:

Oh damn. I was raised with trackers, impulse, fast etc :D. Renoise ftw. How many -db in final mix? I always fuck up there.

Sorry for the late response. Sorry to disappoint but the site doesn't tell me how much it is at the end as I am kinda new to musicmaking.

I started about a year ago for fun but recently picked back up on it in December.  It does tell me the -db on the individual tracks.

Is there a way to track the final -db or did the sites you use tell you?

2 minutes ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

Sorry for the late response. Sorry to disappoint but the site doesn't tell me how much it is at the end as I am kinda new to musicmaking.

I started about a year ago for fun but recently picked back up on it in December.  It does tell me the -db on the individual tracks.

Is there a way to track the final -db or did the sites you use tell you?

Ok nvm i went on bandlab and it tells me. +0.0db it says.

Does that seem right?

Edited by x49ersblitzkreig
Question added

I don't make albums or anything, but if there's a new song that I'm trying to learn, I'll play it on my piano for a few hours straight until I can get through it with minimal mistakes. 

The longest I ever took to learn a song was probably 3 months by playing a few minutes each day. But that's mainly because sheet music didn't exist for the song I wanted to learn and I have trouble learning things by ear.

2 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

I don't make albums or anything, but if there's a new song that I'm trying to learn, I'll play it on my piano for a few hours straight until I can get through it with minimal mistakes. 

The longest I ever took to learn a song was probably 3 months by playing a few minutes each day. But that's mainly because sheet music didn't exist for the song I wanted to learn and I have trouble learning things by ear.

Massive respect earned. I've been trying to learn the ukulele for a while but ADHD keeps getting me lol. What song were you learning?

4 minutes ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

Massive respect earned. I've been trying to learn the ukulele for a while but ADHD keeps getting me lol. What song were you learning?

It was the main theme from Conker's Bad Fur Day. I was listening to the song nonstop on YT plus hearing remixes from other people to try and get it to sound perfect! Eventually I got a good ragtime version going and I play it all the time now! 

Just last Sunday I was performing some songs at a local pub and that one song is the crowd favourite so I always finish my set with that song!

I have a link to my YT in my Sig in case you'd like to check out any of them! Haven't posted anything for about half a year but I'm still playing every day!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnIvIIIrsum said:

I might be odd but i rather take a Commodore 64 whatever BLIP sound and try to make that BLIP into a snare. It seems so boring to just click here and there.

I've been looking for better (free) sites to produce beats but for now, clicking here and there is what's getting me through. I'm doing all my work on a school computer because my mom doesn't want me to have a phone and computer so my resources are very limited. She knows about what I'm doing though and is cool with it.

If this confuses you then I'm sorry. I feel tired. 

It isn't odd to do what you stated. 

4 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

It was the main theme from Conker's Bad Fur Day. I was listening to the song nonstop on YT plus hearing remixes from other people to try and get it to sound perfect! Eventually I got a good ragtime version going and I play it all the time now! 

Just last Sunday I was performing some songs at a local pub and that one song is the crowd favourite so I always finish my set with that song!

I have a link to my YT in my Sig in case you'd like to check out any of them! Haven't posted anything for about half a year but I'm still playing every day!

Cool, I'll go check it out. I'll subscribe.

rn using Korg Gadget and FL Studio to make songs and do some jamming. The shortest time was about 1-2 hrs, but the longest would take 2-3 weeks to refine and polish (and distribute). I've posted some of my works on my YT channel, feel free to listen and comment~:popcorn:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

rn using Korg Gadget and FL Studio to make songs and do some jamming. The shortest time was about 1-2 hrs, but the longest would take 2-3 weeks to refine and polish (and distribute). I've posted some of my works on my YT channel, feel free to listen and comment~:popcorn:

So fucking weird and great :D

The blue screen with the blii sound is so overkill awesome.

Edited by UnIvIIIrsum
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

Ok I'll pop listen and subscribe.

4 minutes ago, UnIvIIIrsum said:

W song ngl.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnIvIIIrsum said:

I prefer writing something "weird", maybe cuz I listen to jazz and wonky things too often which results in a pretty weird dopamine threshold. (The feeling like once you are adapted to complex chord things, you lose interest in writing simple rock or indie pop songs...) The last time when I jammed some beats with friends, they told me that my beats were somehow hard to tag a genre and promote on Spotify, but I guess there are lots of "weird" music I've never listened to...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astray404 said:

I prefer writing something "weird", maybe cuz I listen to jazz and wonky things too often which results in a pretty weird dopamine threshold. (The feeling like once you are adapted to complex chord things, you lose interest in writing simple rock or indie pop songs...) The last time when I jammed some beats with friends, they told me that my beats were somehow hard to tag a genre and promote on Spotify, but I guess there are lots of "weird" music I've never listened to...

You make good songs though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

Honestly the best I heard 2024!

• Like 1

Imma go to sleep now. I have my bandlab account linked in my bio if you want to check out any of my or other people's songs.

Y'all have a wonderful night/day and an even better year.

Edited by x49ersblitzkreig
my a key is breaking lol.
  • Like 1

Some compositions took a few hours, while some never felt finished after months of tweaks.

I did some singles here and there on old FL but I mostly worked with Cubase. Nothing survived that I know of.

• Like 2