Space Rock Skipper Tips & Tricks

CharlesB753

Hi everyone, is anyone having success with getting space rock skipper after 1.9.0? Still obtainable, confirmed by @Dwightsarmy14 below!

I tried playing exclusively medium today. I started by playing bank it, and couldn’t find any Meteor Showers OR Alien Invasions. Not even a single one over 30 games. 

Switch to Quick Cash, leaving the game after the first event. I saw one meteor shower in 50 games. The first event happens around 5 minutes in.

Other forum threads mentioned playing tournament mode, so I switched to that and both events were much more frequent.

I am hypothesizing that I didn’t see any Alien Invasion or Meteor Showers in Bank It or Quick Cash because they have a hidden concept of early events and late events. This is completely anecdotal, but the early events always seem to be Mega Damage, Low Gravity, or Orbital Lasers. After half time, you can get different ones. 

Things to note about tournament mode Patch 1.9.0 / 1.10.0 onwards - if you quit an ongoing game, you'll get a bad sportsmanship suspension (10 min queue ban, followed by 30 min).

In the first two tournament rounds, The first event happens 6 minutes in (3 minutes or less on the clock).

In those 4 hours, I got probably 5 alien invasions and 4 meteor showers. Alien Invasion lasts ~2.5 minutes, and after they are done beaming debris up, they go back to shooting.

My suggestions would be to run the Zipline along with the jump pad. The zip line can help you traverse the map quickly. Also, if you place your jump pad, you can pick it back up with Triangle, giving you multiple attempts at repositioning it before the event ends.

Good luck! 

Edit: Made grammatical edits and updated my topic thread based on information discovered below.

Edited by CharlesB753
Edit: Made grammatical edits and updated my topic thread based on information discovered below.

I got it with an alien invasion 2 days ago. I was playing quick cash, it just takes a lot of luck. For the alien invasion the ship will shoot 4-5 shots and then will shoot 4-5 shots in the same spot so look carefully where they shoot the first time and then place the jump pad in that spot

If you are playing with a full team of Bank It, it is very easy to win before the first event starts.
I think that it's rare in Quick Cash, and much more common in Tournament.

It sounds like it is still working, so I'm editing the title of the topic. Congrats on your trophy @Dwightsarmy14, thanks for confirming!