is disc version still required for platinum?

I have the normal assetto platinum and now that I got a ps5 I want the competizione one aswell, but I see that some stuff are only doable with disc version. is that still so? until now march 2024?

Thanks.

From my personal view having started going for the platinum this past week, no problems so far and most importantly of all there seems to be no game crashing at all because I remember I used to experience it after every race when I did the PS4 version of this a few years ago so. I am playing the digital version of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

So I think you are all good to begin!

• Like 1

I think you do need the disc version.  You can obtain everything except the career on the latest patch however the endurance races are still broken in the latest patch so you need the disc version to play unpatched.

I hope to finish the career in the next 1-2 weeks - currently halfway through medium career.

I earned every other trophy with no issues on the latest patch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paulcoe said:

I think you do need the disc version.  You can obtain everything except the career on the latest patch however the endurance races are still broken in the latest patch so you need the disc version to play unpatched.

I hope to finish the career in the next 1-2 weeks - currently halfway through medium career.

I earned every other trophy with no issues on the latest patch.

It's a shame this game is still broken :(. Which trophies exactly, are still broken? I ask so I can file a PSNP+ report :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 1:13 AM, Morestis5 said:

From my personal view having started going for the platinum this past week, no problems so far and most importantly of all there seems to be no game crashing at all because I remember I used to experience it after every race when I did the PS4 version of this a few years ago so. I am playing the digital version of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

So I think you are all good to begin!

thx for the reply. you working on the career now? i see the only trophies left for you, are endurance and career ones. can you update me if you get them? thanks

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It's a shame this game is still broken :(. Which trophies exactly, are still broken? I ask so I can file a PSNP+ report :).

It was confirmed that only the career trophies are broken on the latest version due to the endurance events being bugged in a recent patch. The career is only possible on the original disc version for PS5 since that patch was the latest on PS4 which works as intended. It's in the best state it will be for PS5 as well since it's at least possible on the original patch.

31 minutes ago, MCL-253 said:

thx for the reply. you working on the career now? i see the only trophies left for you, are endurance and career ones. can you update me if you get them? thanks

Those trophies will pop as well since the requirements are the same & pop on the original patch with the disc.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

It was confirmed that only the career trophies are broken on the latest version due to the endurance events being bugged in a recent patch. The career is only possible on the original disc version for PS5 since that patch was the latest on PS4 which works as intended. It's in the best state it will be for PS5 as well since it's at least possible on the original patch.

Those trophies will pop as well since the requirements are the same & pop on the original patch with the disc.

Does that mean the "Endurance" trophy is broken as well?

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Does that mean the "Endurance" trophy is broken as well?

The endurance events refer to the second half of the career so it's just complete the career, short, medium & long career trophies that are broken. The rest are obtainable on latest patch.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2024 at 10:16 PM, Destructor-8 said:

<<Can I ask if it is a case of the trophies just not popping even after completing the full Career or just a case of the game crashing and not letting you continue from one endurance event to the next one?

Because I am now currently on the Monza 3hour race(30 minutes completed as of writing this) and thus far have gone through the career with no problems.>>

On 3/10/2024 at 9:46 PM, MCL-253 said:

Sure thing, as I said above no problems so far up until the endurance events of Career which I am starting now!

Edited by Morestis5
Misreplied to comment

So I completed the Monza Endurance race and I didnt get any medal at all, which was expected to be honest but still is a shame because I will have to do it all again when it is finally fixed.(With regards to the digital version of the game).

I will get the rest of the trophies and wait for a fix until then:(

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 4:20 AM, Morestis5 said:

So I completed the Monza Endurance race and I didnt get any medal at all, which was expected to be honest but still is a shame because I will have to do it all again when it is finally fixed.(With regards to the digital version of the game).

I will get the rest of the trophies and wait for a fix until then:(

but the question is, will it get fixed? a long time has passed and they don't seem to care and now when ac 2 is going to get released this game will fully get ignored just like ac 1 and acc ps4 before it.

4 minutes ago, MCL-253 said:

but the question is, will it get fixed? a long time has passed and they don't seem to care and now when ac 2 is going to get released this game will fully get ignored just like ac 1 and acc ps4 before it.

They've dragged their heels everytime a trophy gets broken but if this latest set of trophy glitches isn't fixed by the time the sequel gets released, you can forget about them ever getting fixed :(.

• Like 1

the last thing you want is a patch.

right now there is a well known route to achieving the platinum - current patch for every trophy except career and original version for career.

These developers have a habit of breaking anything when they patch something - if a patch is released there would be no guarantees the platinum is obtainable who knows what would be broken.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, paulcoe said:

Just got the platinum... its a long and nervous journey for this one!

Good luck to everyone trying for it and reach out if you have any questions

without disc???