farming for big and small crown now and....???

... some monster being suggest to get crown in guiding land, but when i search for it some suggest do investigation with many purple or gold box as possible, which one has higher chance to spam crown monster?

I got more crowns during my trip to Guiding Lands. Investigations are also great but I feel that simply doing Guiding Lands is sufficient enough except Lunastra... Do Lunastra in Investigation mode.

I have done all crowns on 3 accounts and by far the quickest way was to get a few investigations with at least 2 silver and a gold, then make a back up save. Go measure the monster and if no results when you have used them up, re download the save and do the same thing again. It is rather boring but you will get them eventually.

9 hours ago, ShariusTC said:

How i can generate HR invest for luna? Figured out that i can do luna in HR to lessen my pain, but all i get now is MR invest

As far as I know HR investigations only spawn from HR rank quests, so if you are trying to get them while doing MR related stuff, you are out of luck. You can try these -

• Tracking and farming HR Elder Dragons through their own investigations. The investigations you discover aren't tied to the animal you are tracking and I found there is a higher chance to spawn elder dragon investigations through elder dragon tracks.
  • Use the SoS feature to see if anyone else is running open team missions for Lunastra.
  • Repeating these HR quests - SDF: Silent, Deadly, and Fierce (Event) / The Thronetaker (Event) / Pandora's Arena (Special Assignment) / No Remorse, No Surrender (Special Assignment) / Infernal Monarchy (Optional) / Blue Prominence (Optional)

All three of those are viable. You just need to grind whichever one you chose until you get the investigation. Sometimes, you will just need to grind an optional mission until you get the right investigation from it. 

Edited by Buff_Cupcake

man, follow these mesure vid for crown is pain in the ass, they pick a video where monster on the flat surface but my monster keep walking back and forth on slope

so i just download ruler app to my phone, build a cheap lbg that can shot sleep ammo, put this damn thing on sleep, then pick up whatever part of body that most visible while monster sleep to mesure, sometime it's tail, sometime it's leg, or even distant between horn or leg, stand my character in same point everytime, put my phone in same distant and take note 

work like wonder, and faster than just trying to put my character under monster D when it keep moving

Finally... got... platinum. Only took 500 hours and 1 year and 8 months to get both MHW and MHW:Iceborne all wrapped up. Ouf. The crown grind is real, but for me I used all the events that are available first, after those I used investigations and joined others generally speaking to wrap up the rest.

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2024 at 12:10 AM, Beebatron said:

Finally... got... platinum. Only took 500 hours and 1 year and 8 months to get both MHW and MHW:Iceborne all wrapped up. Ouf. The crown grind is real, but for me I used all the events that are available first, after those I used investigations and joined others generally speaking to wrap up the rest.

I wanted to note for everyone who is trying to get crowns from the Event quests: i decided to go solo into Events, look for the monster i want a crown from, kill it fast/capture, then go "return from quest" (not abandon!), it gave me a gold crown i've been looking for AGES. I can promise returning from the event quest and not killing every monster of those does work. Before i thought for the crows to "count" the event quest needs to be completed.

Some monsters spawn early, some only after you killed x amount, such as Wildspire Bolero, Diablos only spawns at the end. But for everything else its a good method with increased chances.