100% Play Log

Question for everyone, how do you max out the story beats per character? Is it for just keeping them in the party while doing the story? I can't find a detailed explanation. My highest percentage by character is Yuffie and I hardly used her during the story unless it made me so I'm confused. 

3 hours ago, DasViolator said:

Question for everyone, how do you max out the story beats per character? Is it for just keeping them in the party while doing the story? I can't find a detailed explanation. My highest percentage by character is Yuffie and I hardly used her during the story unless it made me so I'm confused. 

I mean, the play log literally breaks down what the story beats are for each character so I'm not sure why you're confused.

It's not about having the character in your party during the story, it's about literally doing the story beats that are in the list. So for Yuffie it's choosing her route in the mines and getting a high score, fighting her in 3D Brawler, Loveless, and the Skywheel date.

For other characters there's the Costa del Sol beach fight, the Queen's Blood tournament with Red, etc...

Like I said, all the story beats are listed so I'm not sure what isn't clear.

Edited by Nick240894

The conversations tracker is really weird, I've selected all the best options during conversations and some characters like Barret, Aerith and Yuffie are still missing some progress. Also does anybody know if I have to complete the game over and over (from beginning to end) just for the conversations and skywheel date to register? It seems that just reloading from chapter select and saving is not enough for the tracker to update. Maybe upon chapter 12 completion? If it requires game completion every time then I'll prob pass since that's too tedious.

Edited by PostGameBlues

29 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

The conversations tracker is really weird, I've selected all the best options during conversations and some characters like Barret, Aerith and Yuffie are still missing some progress. Also does anybody know if I have to complete the game over and over (from beginning to end) just for the conversations and skywheel date to register? It seems that just reloading from chapter select and saving is not enough for the tracker to update. Maybe upon chapter 12 completion? If it requires game completion every time then I'll prob pass since that's too tedious.

The tracker for conversations and the Skywheel updated for me immediately, without needing to do a Chapter Select. 

16 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

The conversation tracker does indeed seem odd.

Some aspects seem like they might be bugged. For example, on my 1st playthrough I selected Aerith's best dialogue option in Gongaga. On my 2nd playthrough, I selected the second best one just out of curiosity, and for some reason it gave me a huge affection boost, taking my relationship with Aerith from 91% to 96%. It's pretty strange.

Edited by Nick240894
Typo

On 3/27/2024 at 9:52 PM, PostGameBlues said:

I figured this out while taking a break on my Hard Mode playthrough. Both Tifa and Aerith were missing a big chunk of dialogue meter in the Play Log, that I probably picked the worst choice on one, even though I picked the best in each. Well I went to each Chapter on Easy, that has the dialogue prompts, just so it will go fast, went to Chapter 2, 4, 6 and when I got to 9, even though the best choices were all clearly picked, when I chose it again for each, my Relationship changed for both Tifa and Aerith. Note that I played through those Chapters already on Hard, so the 2 * dialogues were chosen also, not sure if that matters. But, I say go to Chapter 9 post game and choose the 3 * dialogue choice again for whoever you're missing and see if it works, if not, just try every Chapter in dialogues, actually doesn't take that long.

Also, for any Play Log update, you don't have to finish the Chapter, it's an immediate update.

Edited by Nitemares-----

Conversations are done for all of them and have three of five at top bond. Barret with the buggy battle minigame will take a couple tries but almost all gold saucer dates are done.

Got through 10 of 14 chapters and four of the brutal challenges. It's tough but I'm making strides and getting closer to 💯 the play log as I did with the past FF7 Remake logs. Wish they kept the little meteor near the chapters you finish though. Was a nice little charm.