100% Play Log

I’m trying to 100% the play log for fun and have a few questions about it.

1. I’m missing one enemy intel. It’s the last one and I assume it’s VR Sephiroth. I haven’t tried the Brutal challenges yet but can anyone confirm? So I can bring an assess materia.

2. Synergie skills and abilities. Do I just need to unlock them in the folio or do I actually have to use all of them?

3. Perfect odd jobs. I have 32/36 but is there any way to tell which ones I need to do again? 

Also a small tip if you’re going for all manuscripts which I haven’t read anywhere. In Hard mode chocobo stops do restore MP. Very useful for doing the sidequests. You don’t have to save your MP and can just spam your best spells.

Thanks.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3

I am also doing the same :)

I cannot answer for all of your questions, but I know that for the Synergies you only need to unlock them, no need to use, I know because I unlocked them all but have not used some for Cait, but it counted.

For the perfect odd jobs, if there is a gold medal in the quests tab, it means the job was done perfectly, if not, that is the one you need to redo.

For the enemy intel, I hope it is Sephiroth in VR, I am with 229/230 at the moment, but have not gotten to him yet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TibiCRDS said:

I am also doing the same :)

For the perfect odd jobs, if there is a gold medal in the quests tab, it means the job was done perfectly, if not, that is the one you need to redo.

Thanks! I didn’t see the gold medal. 

I just completed the game, it says that there is a

VR version of Zack

along with Sephiroth, so he's probably the missing one, cause I'm also at 229/230.

I'm done playing for right now since it is 6 in the morning, but how exactly does Chapter Select work? After you do the thing you try to do in a Chapter, does it automatically save in your Logs and inventory? Also can you switch Chapters at anytime and not lose updated progress? If so that would make it easier than Remake.

Edited by Nitemares-----

26 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

I just completed the game, it says that there is a

Reveal hidden contents

VR version of Zack

along with Sephiroth, so he's probably the missing one, cause I'm also at 229/230.

I'm done playing for right now since it is 6 in the morning, but how exactly does Chapter Select work? After you do the thing you try to do in a Chapter, does it automatically save in your Logs and inventory? Also can you switch Chapters at anytime and not lose updated progress? If so that would make it easier than Remake.

If you want to get all the manuscripts you need to replay a lot of sidequests. Best way is to just load up chapter 12, choose the bottom entry to wipe your progress and do them again.

You’re not actually wiping progress as you can choose the second option to restore everything. You can freely jump around any chapter you want.

I’m at chapter 11 now. Almost done.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Baker said:

If you want to get all the manuscripts you need to replay a lot of sidequests. Best way is to just load up chapter 12, choose the bottom entry to wipe your progress and do them again.

You’re not actually wiping progress as you can choose the second option to restore everything. You can freely jump around any chapter you want.

I’m at chapter 11 now. Almost done.

Are those the manuscripts in Hard Mode or are there others also for Chapter Select? I've done all regional Intel for every region, I don't want to reset that, I'm guessing that only Quests get reset, not intel. Thanks for the reply above.

I know I can do trial and error, but I'd rather know before I start.

Edited by Nitemares-----

12 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Are those the manuscripts in Hard Mode or are there others also for Chapter Select? I've done all regional Intel for every region, I don't want to reset that, I'm guessing that only Quests get reset, not intel. Thanks for the reply above.

I know I can do trial and error, but I'd rather know before I start.

I was talking about the manuscripts in Hard mode. You get them from sidequests and story bosses.

Regional intel will always stay completed. There is really nothing to fear. 

So best way to get them is load up chapter 12, bottom option. Do all the sidequests that have the manuscripts in previous chapters. Load up chapter 12 again, choose second option. And do the chapter 12 sidequests as you will need to complete all sidequests for the ultimate party animal sidequest.

This is all assuming you’ve done all sidequests in your first playthrough.

You can also just skip all this as it is not necessary for trophies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baker said:

I was talking about the manuscripts in Hard mode. You get them from sidequests and story bosses.

So best way to get them is load up chapter 12, bottom option. Do all the sidequests that have the manuscripts in previous chapters. Load up chapter 12 again, choose second option. And do the chapter 12 sidequests as you will need to complete all sidequests for the ultimate party animal sidequest.

Good to know, thanks for the reply. Yeah I did all Quests already, glad intel stays, I can figure out the rest myself. Yeah I know I don't need to do logs for Trophies, in most games I'm a completionist, I like doing everything, regardless of Trophies.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 2:48 PM, TibiCRDS said:

I cannot answer for all of your questions, but I know that for the Synergies you only need to unlock them, no need to use, I know because I unlocked them all but have not used some for Cait, but it counted.

This is not accurate, you definitely need to use all synergy skills to complete the play log. I know because I had them all unlocked but there was just one with Barret that I had never used and the play log for Barret showed that I had not used them all (no green check mark). Once I used that last one it gave me the check mark.

I don't know about the synergy abilities, maybe those ones are unlock only, but the synergy skills definitely need to be used. For anyone wondering, synergy skills are the ones you use at any time with R1 + triangle / square / circle / X. Synergy abilities are the ones you need to use from the command menu after building enough synergy charges by using ATB commands.

Also, Cait Sith doesn't count anyway because there is no relationship mechanic with him. Synergy skill usage is only tracked in the play log for the party members that have an affection mechanic (Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Red XIII, and Yuffie). Cait Sith does not have a relationship page in the play log which is why synergy skills with him are not necessary to use.

On 3/15/2024 at 2:24 PM, Baker said:

I’m trying to 100% the play log for fun and have a few questions about it.

1. I’m missing one enemy intel. It’s the last one and I assume it’s VR Sephiroth. I haven’t tried the Brutal challenges yet but can anyone confirm? So I can bring an assess materia.

2. Synergie skills and abilities. Do I just need to unlock them in the folio or do I actually have to use all of them?

3. Perfect odd jobs. I have 32/36 but is there any way to tell which ones I need to do again? 

Also a small tip if you’re going for all manuscripts which I haven’t read anywhere. In Hard mode chocobo stops do restore MP. Very useful for doing the sidequests. You don’t have to save your MP and can just spam your best spells.

Thanks.

Don't know about the last enemy and people have already answered for the odd jobs, but for the synergy skills, you do need to actually use them all at least once. The first time you use a given synergy skill with a character it gives a relationship boost. So they all need to be used to max out affection with all party members.

I know because I had them all unlocked but there was just one with Barret that I had never used and the play log for Barret showed that I had not used them all (no green check mark). Once I used that last one it gave me the check mark.

Now I'm speaking here about the synergy skills only, I'm not sure about the synergy abilities, those ones may be unlock only. I had used them all before beating the game so I had no way of testing their impact on the play log. But the synergy skills definitely need to be used. For anyone wondering, synergy skills are the ones you use at any time with R1 + triangle / square / circle / X. Synergy abilities are the ones you need to use from the command menu after building enough synergy charges by using ATB commands.

And regarding the synergy skills, there is an exception which is Cait Sith who doesn't count because there is no relationship mechanic with him. Since synergy skill usage is only tracked in the play log for the party members that have an affection mechanic (Barret, Tifa, Aerith, Red XIII, and Yuffie), Cait's synergy skills are irrelevant for the play log and do not need to be used.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Baker said:

@Nitemares----- Now that I made it to chapter 12 what I said here does not work!

You should never touch the second option of restoring quest data. Which sucks, because I have to replay a lot of side quests again. I can do most of them on Easy though.

Best way is to first choose the bottom option, play side quests that have manuscripts on Hard. You can clean up the other side quests on Easy if you prefer, by choosing chapter select and then the first option.

Once again. Never touch the second option.

28 minutes ago, Baker said:

@Nitemares----- Now that I made it to chapter 12 what I said here does not work!

You should never touch the second option of restoring quest data. Which sucks, because I have to replay a lot of side quests again. I can do most of them on Easy though.

Best way is to first choose the bottom option, play side quests that have manuscripts on Hard. You can clean up the other side quests on Easy if you prefer, by choosing chapter select and then the first option.

Once again. Never touch the second option.

Wait, why didn't it work? What happened when you used "Restore previous quest data"? I've been using that option so far in chapter select with no issue. Did you encounter a glitch?

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Nick240894 said:

Wait, why didn't it work? What happened when you used "Restore previous quest data"? I've been using that option so far in chapter select with no issue. Did you encounter a glitch?

Well it restores everything. Meaning you can’t do Chapter 12 side quests like this.

Initially when I loaded up Chapter 12, with restoring, I noticed the remaining side quests were still playable. But when I docked at Costa Del Sol all side quests became completed.

Now I’m redoing all side quests on Easy. Except the few Chapter 12 ones where I still need to do a few on Hard.

So basically if you want all manuscripts start by deleting all quest progress. Do them all over again. You can play the side quests that don’t have a manuscript on Easy, by loading chapter 12 and choosing the first option.

Edited by Baker

So I’m at the final side quest. The ultimate party animal one. Did the minigames. But I’m stuck at the battle arena. Those two first giant cactuars just melt me. This is harder than any boss so far on Hard mode. And it’s just the first battle out of five.

Anyone that beat this on Hard? And if so, some tips?

11 hours ago, Baker said:

Well it restores everything. Meaning you can’t do Chapter 12 side quests like this.

Initially when I loaded up Chapter 12, with restoring, I noticed the remaining side quests were still playable. But when I docked at Costa Del Sol all side quests became completed.

Now I’m redoing all side quests on Easy. Except the few Chapter 12 ones where I still need to do a few on Hard.

So basically if you want all manuscripts start by deleting all quest progress. Do them all over again. You can play the side quests that don’t have a manuscript on Easy, by loading chapter 12 and choosing the first option.

I still quite don't get it exactly, I've been Chapter Selecting using the first choice with no problems, did the Coliseum and Level Raising, finishing Cache locations that I somehow missed and Affinity with Synergy, not going to try Hard Mode till I'm prepared. I was just going to do all lQuests on my Hard Mode Playthrough. I've noticed that when I choose each Chapter, even though I retain Quest data, certain requirements for future Quests I completed are in red, if you choose a later Chapter those earlier ones are green again.

Edited by Nitemares-----

11 hours ago, Baker said:

So I’m at the final side quest. The ultimate party animal one. Did the minigames. But I’m stuck at the battle arena. Those two first giant cactuars just melt me. This is harder than any boss so far on Hard mode. And it’s just the first battle out of five.

Anyone that beat this on Hard? And if so, some tips?

My suggestion for the battle arena on hard is to take someone with first strike and/or chocoking cape and put Binding + Magnify on them.  Cast sleep on everything then just focus down one enemy at a time.  You can probably cast sleep magnify 2x before it isn't all that effective, but it helps a lot on the cactuar fight.  If you stagger one of them, cast stop on it during stagger with time materia so that you can kill it in one stagger.  Barret is pretty good for staggering the gigantaurs because he can stand outside their AOE range and pressure them really hard with focused shot and overcharge.  The 2x Joker+Gigantoad wave is even harder and I had to bullshit my way through it with a similar strategy of trying to use sleep and stop but even still it takes a long time to stagger or kill them so I did have to just kinda brute force it with a lot of healing and doing whatever I could to stay alive.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Elegy said:

My suggestion for the battle arena on hard is to take someone with first strike and/or chocoking cape and put Binding + Magnify on them.  Cast sleep on everything then just focus down one enemy at a time.  You can probably cast sleep magnify 2x before it isn't all that effective, but it helps a lot on the cactuar fight.  If you stagger one of them, cast stop on it during stagger with time materia so that you can kill it in one stagger.  Barret is pretty good for staggering the gigantaurs because he can stand outside their AOE range and pressure them really hard with focused shot and overcharge.  The 2x Joker+Gigantoad wave is even harder and I had to bullshit my way through it with a similar strategy of trying to use sleep and stop but even still it takes a long time to stagger or kill them so I did have to just kinda brute force it with a lot of healing and doing whatever I could to stay alive.

I made it to the 2x Joker+Gigantoad a few times. But they can wipe you instantly. I’ll try the sleep and stop method. Thanks.

Actually I just read you get the manuscript for beating that Zu enemy in round 3. I wonder if I actually got it, but hadn’t noticed it. That you can die on round 4.

That also means you don’t have to do the minigames again, which I did..

1 hour ago, Baker said:

I made it to the 2x Joker+Gigantoad a few times. But they can wipe you instantly. I’ll try the sleep and stop method. Thanks.

Actually I just read you get the manuscript for beating that Zu enemy in round 3. I wonder if I actually got it, but hadn’t noticed it. That you can die on round 4.

That also means you don’t have to do the minigames again, which I did..

The Cait Sith manuscript comes from defeating the ironclad in round 5 and finishing the entire arena battle.  The guide that stated that it comes from Ember Zu is not correct there sadly.  You do not have to finish the actual quest though so you are correct in the assumption that you don't need to play the other minigames.  You can just do the battle arena and get the manuscript then stop afterward.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Elegy said:

The Cait Sith manuscript comes from defeating the ironclad in round 5 and finishing the entire arena battle.  The guide that stated that it comes from Ember Zu is not correct there sadly.  You do not have to finish the actual quest though so you are correct in the assumption that you don't need to play the other minigames.  You can just do the battle arena and get the manuscript then stop afterward.

Thanks. I just died to Ironclad. I thought he would be easy but I guess I underestimated him. At least I know what to do now. The magnify+sleep is very useful.

Edit: Got it! Definitely the hardest fight so far. Done with the side quests now.

Edited by Baker

I also figured out how to max synergy skills and abilities.

You really need to use every synergy skill and ability while teaming up with Cloud. This also means doing them while controlling another character. The synergy skills need to hit the enemy.

Almost done now. Just three more chapters on Hard and three more ‘easy’ Brutal/Legendary fights. :awesome:

• Like 2

Fair warning Cloud's counterfire needs a ranged or magic attack for it to count. I used Mindflyer on Jonon to farm those.

I have 99% on this game. I did the play log and everything in it and got the plat, but... the one-winged angle music sheet defeated me, I have no idea how to do it and I'm exhausted after 330 hours of playing this game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

Fair warning Cloud's counterfire needs a ranged or magic attack for it to count. I used Mindflyer on Jonon to farm those.

I have 99% on this game. I did the play log and everything in it and got the plat, but... the one-winged angle music sheet defeated me, I have no idea how to do it and I'm exhausted after 330 hours of playing this game.

I did all counterfire’s with VR Titan. When he was just pummelling me. So I don’t know if that’s correct.

But congrats. I already know I will skip the piano songs too. I could S rank 4 of them, the other 3 will take me too much time, practice and frustration.

6 hours ago, Baker said:

I did all counterfire’s with VR Titan. When he was just pummelling me. So I don’t know if that’s correct.

But congrats. I already know I will skip the piano songs too. I could S rank 4 of them, the other 3 will take me too much time, practice and frustration.

Same, I have S rank on all of them except Two legs, let the battles, and one winged angle. Those are As. The Red13 them I'm literally missing one note... very sad, but I have no idea how to repeat it so fuck it.

I wanted to S rank one winged angle so bad, but it's just too much, the best I got is missing 20 notes :D How in the hell can people on YouTube do it is beyond me. 
Leave it to Sephiroth to make even his music very fucking hard lol

• Like 1