Trophy Thoughts?

iSympathie

On 3/22/2024 at 1:35 PM, austin989898 said:

So what's does everyone says the difficulty is for the platinum thanks...

Just got my PS4 Platinum, I'd give it a 4 if you abuse the Rewind function. The Expert and Special courses are both very demanding and require a decent level of skill to get the top times and trick scores.

I thought the Snowman would be 'easy mode' due to his maxed stats, but in reality he's too fast for all the twists and turns and I ended up going back to the regular boarder.

In game time was only 5 hours (aiming to do the PS5 Plat in 3) but with all the rewinding and retrying it's probably closer to 10 for me.

(EDIT: PS5 done - 4 hours)

Edited by Ravendust

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 1:49 PM, mike_87 said:

Cant beat the combined time and score on extra course anyone got any advice? Ive read supposedly performing a misty is good but i dunno my method just isnt working very well. Im agreeing with alot of others the controls are just awful. I really hope the later games handle alot better if they come out.  These games arent even what id define as classics either

Misty does score the highest amount of points. If you have a good enough wind up, you can sometimes land a double misty which can be crucial for some of the scores. 

To your point on classics- Cool Boarders used to be a household name. Does it hold up? No. Not in the slightest in my opinion. But it was really the first 3D extreme sports game on any home console, which was a huge deal in an era when extreme sports were such a big part of the culture. Virtually every snowboarding game that generation borrowed from it or straight up ripped it off. I think 1080 on the N64 and the games by Radical Entertainment (XGames Pro Boarder and the MTV Sports series) were really the only ones that tried to do something different and were the best that generation had to offer.