Trophy Thoughts?

iSympathie

wow.......i remember playing this game on the first Playstation, this and populous the beginning (dear god i hope they bring this game back). Never managed to get to the end since never had a memory card so will be looking foward to playing this.

As far as trophies go, this game is historically pretty brutal when it comes to course records. It handles pretty clunky compared to later snowboarding games in the PS1 era (as it was the first) and a lot of twists and turns demand a level of turning precision that the game doesn’t offer. The silver lining is that there are only 5 courses, and the difficulty was really just a means to pad out the game’s length. I’m going to go for the plat, but I think it’s going to be a big challenge for me compared to how some of these PS1 classics are a cakewalk of a plat journey. I will be interested to see if they bring over any other games in the series. It was a different dev after CB2, and CB4 and CB2001 have actual pros whose likeness I think they’d have to re-license. 

Edited by skotafactor

i looked at this and i thought i was dreaming! COOLBOARDERS!!! That was the first snowboarding franchise i loved as a kid and may be my first reason to upgrade to premium to get. personally i grew up on coolboarders 3 but i loved the franchise as a whole and im ready to start shredding on this classic!

Edited by Koolguy65
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Anyone know how to get “get a grip trophy”?

I need help with this one as well. The other thread got locked but what character, board, and track would be the best for this one? It's the last trophy I need

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out and got it!

Edited by Duck_mann86
Fixed my issue
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

Even with rewind, the timed stuff is insanely tough.

This is going to be the first PS1 classic I probably don't platinum. I only really liked Coolboarders 2 anyways. 

I can imagine it is, probably fiddly as helll to keep rewinding too especially with a ps1 game, they should not make the trophy lists so difficult on a very old game like this i dont think, shame i probably wont plat it either then

The rewind makes it easier, but there is still a lot of trial and error as some of the courses are very narrow and unforgiving. Until you unlock better boards, the course record is only possible to beat by like a fraction of a second. Once you unlock the Snowman though, he’s pretty OP (fast AND stable) and it makes races a lot easier. 

This game really has the challenging platinum and there are people who managed it in 3h30 (how? 🤔 lol)

Anyway, any tips on how to do tricks in the air that earn lots of points? I'm having trouble 

2 minutes ago, skotafactor said:

The rewind makes it easier, but there is still a lot of trial and error as some of the courses are very narrow and unforgiving. Until you unlock better boards, the course record is only possible to beat by like a fraction of a second. Once you unlock the Snowman though, he’s pretty OP (fast AND stable) and it makes races a lot easier. 

What should I do to unlock this character?

You have to unlock the extra course by getting at least 1 medal in each other course (it unlocked for me after I had 3 medals in the novice and 1 in the advanced and expert). Then he unlocked for me after I beat the total score (combined trick and time) and got the medal that has the wreath for the extra course. This course is way easier than the others as it’s pretty straight and a lot of jumps for points. I think I used the best freestyle board for it. 

• Like 1

Anyone know how specifically to unlock the boards? They’re the only trophies I have left, got all records on all courses…but no boards. Weirdly some of the in game trophies don’t display in the course select menu, despite holding the records. Thanks.

Edited by edum
Nvm figured it out!
  • Like 1

Personally I found this really easy … for speed and or tricks , use the black board with the gold circle in the middle… then use the slowest board for scores….

Tap square for right turns and don’t turn too much with it at once to maintain your speed….

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 1