Trophy Thoughts?

iSympathie

3 hours ago, edum said:

Anyone know how specifically to unlock the boards? They’re the only trophies I have left, got all records on all courses…but no boards. Weirdly some of the in game trophies don’t display in the course select menu, despite holding the records. Thanks.

I ran into this too. I THINK you have to beat the time and the score in the bottom left at the same time. Technically you can beat the score challenge without fulfilling that, and I think when that happens you don’t get the middle trophy that has the wreaths. I could be wrong, but I think that’s how I unlocked the novice board. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skotafactor said:

I ran into this too. I THINK you have to beat the time and the score in the bottom left at the same time. Technically you can beat the score challenge without fulfilling that, and I think when that happens you don’t get the middle trophy that has the wreaths. I could be wrong, but I think that’s how I unlocked the novice board. 

^^^^^Yup this is correct, can confirm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Personally I found this really easy … for speed and or tricks , use the black board with the gold circle in the middle… then use the slowest board for scores….

Tap square for right turns and don’t turn too much with it at once to maintain your speed….

Nice to know someone finds it very easy, helpful sounding tips there too

• Like 1

Tricks are so inconsistent and difficult to pull off, and I really tried. The jump height constantly changed regardless of how long I held or what point of release. Sometimes the guy would spin fast, sometimes slowly, despite pressing the same buttons the same way. Brutal 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brentmorrow88 said:

Tricks are so inconsistent and difficult to pull off, and I really tried. The jump height constantly changed regardless of how long I held or what point of release. Sometimes the guy would spin fast, sometimes slowly, despite pressing the same buttons the same way. Brutal 

Holding square makes you move quicker in the air  

Edited by amurnin100

3 hours ago, brentmorrow88 said:

I found/remembered from nearly 30 years ago (yikes), that the longer you hold the direction with x locked in, the faster your character will spin.

So, line up early, and hold…good luck judging those mistys, double mistys and triple mistys though (the latter of which I could only pull of in one or two spots in the entire game), as there is no pulling out of a trick once you start spinning. It’s all about landing properly, largely through luck, but this is where rewind comes in, and a further tip below…

I found it helpful to remember where I began holding directional (some marker on the side of the course) and in the event of a bail, to see sort of how close I was to landing it, then go earlier or later than my mark on a rewind. 

For take off, quite reliably I was able to go higher the earlier you release on the ramp. 

Hope it helps, good luck!

Edited by edum
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, austin989898 said:

So what's does everyone says the difficulty is for the platinum thanks...

I’d say it really depends on skill and if you’re familiar with extreme sports games. 3-4 if you have a lot of experience in the genre, 5-6 if not, and 7-8 if you don’t use the rewind function. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 5:45 PM, amurnin100 said:

Personally I found this really easy … for speed and or tricks , use the black board with the gold circle in the middle… then use the slowest board for scores….

Tap square for right turns and don’t turn too much with it at once to maintain your speed….

Talking like that deceives people, there's nothing "really easy"

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hednaland said:

Talking like that deceives people, there's nothing "really easy"

Sorry , I dident mean to portray something that would deceive others…

I’m found it easy on a personal level.

4 hours  for PS4 version  would reflect this but I’m happy to help specifically if anyone asks :)

Edited by amurnin100

I've never played a CB game in my life. Saw this video from IBadDriverI and thought I'd give it a bash. I would say personally (not finished it yet)  it's about a 5. I am struggling big time on the expert map for some reason. I'm using the snowman but the S.O.B is too fast for the tight corners.

Everything else is okay. Just the controls really throw me with how clunky they are, which are to be expected for such an old game.

Edited by knownhero

7 hours ago, knownhero said:

I've never played a CB game in my life. Saw this video from IBadDriverI and thought I'd give it a bash. I would say personally (not finished it yet)  it's about a 5. I am struggling big time on the expert map for some reason. I'm using the snowman but the S.O.B is too fast for the tight corners.

Everything else is okay. Just the controls really throw me with how clunky they are, which are to be expected for such an old game.

No need for snowman in expert … it’s too twisty , I highly suggest using the black board with the gold circle , it’s high and in speed but really good response and I’ve found it turns easier …..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, knownhero said:

@amurnin100 I don't know what it is, I just cannot get it done hahahaha. I just cannot stop hitting the walls such a pain in the arse.

It really is , all I can advise is to hold square to make those tight turns and dont over turn (as it slows you down).

Also having a good response board helps but I’ve never favoured the snowman….

I'm finding the timing to release the Jump button to be complete trash. One time, releasing while between the signs gets big air, the next time I may as well have not been holding the button at all. And yes, I was holding the button since leaving the starting gate. 

16 hours ago, TheShiftyChicken said:

I'm finding the timing to release the Jump button to be complete trash. One time, releasing while between the signs gets big air, the next time I may as well have not been holding the button at all. And yes, I was holding the button since leaving the starting gate. 

I get the pain on that one also! But I managed to get the plat in the end. Thankfully never have to touch this one again. Stick with it, it'll happen. Good luck!

Struggling with the target time to beat on novice, anyone got any advice? Ive beat the trick target score at least, its true the controls are damn awful and to add to that the trophy requirements are fery tight, 

On 3/28/2024 at 11:21 PM, mike_87 said:

Struggling with the target time to beat on novice, anyone got any advice? Ive beat the trick target score at least, its true the controls are damn awful and to add to that the trophy requirements are fery tight, 

Use the black board with the gold circle or the board with the 2 yelllow lines, and don’t do any tricks to speed up the run 

5 hours ago, amurnin100 said:

Use the black board with the gold circle or the board with the 2 yelllow lines, and don’t do any tricks to speed up the run 

Yeah thanks, still, its easy to hit obstacles or lose control and fall completely off the path, and that time is so tight

2 hours ago, mike_87 said:

Yeah thanks, still, its easy to hit obstacles or lose control and fall completely off the path, and that time is so tight

It can be , with the turns use square to make it easier but don’t overuse it or it will slow you down :)

Edited by amurnin100

Cant beat the combined time and score on extra course anyone got any advice? Ive read supposedly performing a misty is good but i dunno my method just isnt working very well. Im agreeing with alot of others the controls are just awful. I really hope the later games handle alot better if they come out.  These games arent even what id define as classics either

Edited by mike_87