I’m worried about a possible shutdown…

bratMario

I think that the game has a fairly healthy following in Japan. I expect that they will do a few updates, and simplify the server system a bit to reduce overheads, but I don't expect it to get shut down for a fair while yet.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2024 at 10:26 PM, jpwbjpwb said:

I think that the game has a fairly healthy following in Japan. I expect that they will do a few updates, and simplify the server system a bit to reduce overheads, but I don't expect it to get shut down for a fair while yet.

Is that so? Because I admit it's extremely difficult elsewhere, but playing on JP servers is practically impossible for me due to lag, so I can't even do it.

I legitimately wouldn't mind all this if I could play more matches, but I sometimes wait more than 5 minutes without a single pop. Or being told to try again later.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your opinions guys. I decided to play this and it was exactly as I've expected:

1. Solo/DLC campaign (6 characters x 6 missions = 36 total missions) it was pleasant, interesting stories and super easy to beat although very repetitive.

2. PVP 4v4 unplayable/total chaos.

3. PVE up to 4P playable but boring.

Unfortunately I had to wait around 5 mins to start "party" and every 2nd/3rd attempt resulted in matchmaking failure (no players?).

I think the game service will be shut down in less than 1 year (even in 6 months).

Edited by bratMario
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have experienced long waiting times at launch while searching in my region, but matchmaking was instant when searching in JP or USA.

We can not predict when a game will shut down. But anyone worried could rest assured that Square will give a proper warning when the time comes.

• Like 1

Just completed both stacks. I had to try for a few hours to play especially two modes (rubber duck / bath survival) and also ranked one. Changing play zone (from Poland to Japan, back and forth) didn't help a lot. It is why I think there is rather small player base or players are picky.

Second, gameplay vs real players isn't fun because you (I) have to fire blind shots, I don't see a f*kng thing over my own foam which covers half of my screen/view, I don't feel this hits target (besides sound I hear). It's failure imho.

• Haha 1