How do so many people have the Platinum already?

4 hours ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

Quick, let's all make like 5 accounts, start the game and earn a trophy to make the rarity go down :3

Great idea!! Yeah seriously let's do it. An 8/10 200 hour grind doesn't deserve to be a rare platinum. Let's make it very rare 7% at least.

I finished this in 130-135 hours, doing the first playthru on Easy (not sure if it made the mini games any easier?), and I found Optinoob's youtube playlist pretty quickly when I hit the Brutal/Legendary combats postgame. Optinoob's hard mode speed run walkthrough is also pretty helpful, both the routing for time save & the boss materia loadouts (only a couple bosses gave me any trouble).

Based on my experience, I think the 200 hours is an overestimate.. closer to 150 might be more typical. But I think the 8/10 difficulty is legit because I don't see many people beating 100% without consulting youtube guides, etc.

On 5/17/2024 at 1:36 PM, Luigitoud said:

Great idea!! Yeah seriously let's do it. An 8/10 200 hour grind doesn't deserve to be a rare platinum. Let's make it very rare 7% at least.

Well it isn’t an 8/10, nor is it a 200 hour grind… Of my 160 hours spent playing it, I’d say maybe only 5-10 of those were spent grinding, and that was with a very unoptimal strat. Probably more like 3 hours of grind these days.