How do so many people have the Platinum already?

55 minutes ago, Jdeadevil said:

I still don't understand why some people think undermining a video game's difficulty will suddenly make them the coolest guy in the room.

It's simple. This game being treated as level 8 difficulty undermines other games that are rated 8-10 for those people. Because those games are much more difficult then this one(doesn't matter in general or specifically for them). It's all relative. Basically: if this is 8 then Crypt of Necrodancer is like, what, 15/10 on that scale.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

It's simple. This game being treated as level 8 difficulty undermines other games that are rated 8-10 for those people. Because those games are much more difficult then this one(doesn't matter in general or specifically for them). It's all relative. Basically: if this is 8 then Crypt of Necrodancer is like, what, 15/10 on that scale.

Yeah, the scale needs to be fixed, what is variable is people skills, and thats why people always are subjective and give things a 10/10 just because they felt that way.

I’m trying to be objective and the plat took me 160h, I’d say with the latest builds found, specially magic, the platinum is a 6 at best, it requires some RNG on your side and thats it. And maybe i’m the only one but i’m pretty sure the Rulers of the Outer Worlds is much harder and RNG dependent than the two final Legends Bouts; without the Brumal Form Build you are pretty much reliant on learning Gilgamesh and Sephiroth the hard way with timely parrys as well.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdeadevil said:

I still don't understand why some people think undermining a video game's difficulty will suddenly make them the coolest guy in the room. There are so many factors in someone's ability to play this game, that reducing everything to 'skill' just seems nonsensical. I think my problem personally is that I don't really have the patience everyone else has, the reason I enjoyed Cuphead so much was that even though it was pretty brutal, your objective was perfectly clear. You were always having fun, even when you died. Contrast that to having to change my Materia for every single encounter on Hard mode, I literally couldn't care less, especially on Rufus, Jenova and Sephiroth in which you have to do it again each time you die.

I've been using Optinoob's walkthroughs for Hard mode since around Terror of the Deep and Roche. I'm up to Jenova and Sephiroth, and after two hours of attempts, finally getting to Sephiroth, I died and chose the wrong option which sent me all the way back to before Jenova. This shit is not fun.

It is pretty normal for people on this forum to do that. Difficulty is different for everybody. I consider the game to be closer to a 7, but I fully understand people pushing it higher than that.

I found the Rufus fight quite aggravating for that reason. You're going to want a different build to the one you used against the Turks when fighting him. Chances are, you're going to die in that fight at least once on hard mode. The game not saving your materia after you fail in fights that allow you to change them from the cutscene prompt is a big oversight. I died to Rufus multiple times. Having to keep switching your materia back to the loadout you want is aggravating when you're already frustrated after dying.

The options after dying during the multi boss fights are really stupid. I did the same thing in my first playthrough when I died to Sephiroth. I chose the second option and it put me back to the first fight with Cloud and Zack. That was like one hour wasted. They did patch it a couple weeks ago. The options are worded better now, but it's still stupid. Who is going to want go back to the first boss in a five boss gauntlet? It baffles me why the option is even there. All it has done is piss people off.

Edited by NathanW18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NathanW18 said:

It is pretty normal for people on this forum to do that. Difficulty is different for everybody. I consider the game to be closer to a 7, but I fully understand people pushing it higher than that.

I found the Rufus fight quite aggravating for that reason. You're going to want a different build to the one you used against the Turks when fighting him. Chances are, you're going to die in that fight at least once on hard mode. The game not saving your materia after you fail in fights that allow you to change them from the cutscene prompt is a big oversight. I died to Rufus multiple times. Having to keep switching your materia back to the loadout you want is aggravating when you're already frustrated after dying.

The options after dying during the multi boss fights are really stupid. I did the same thing in my first playthrough when I died to Sephiroth. I chose the second option and it put me back to the first fight with Cloud and Zack. That was like one hour wasted. They did patch it a couple weeks ago. The options are worded better now, but it's still stupid. Who is going to want go back to the first boss in a five boss gauntlet? It baffles me why the option is even there. All it has done is piss people off.

you may want to go back to the first boss if you find yourself stuck at the latest one and cannot change materia. but I agree with you that the options were totally misleading. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2024 at 2:41 PM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I’m struggling to wrap my head around how less than two months after release, over 5% of people on PSNP and 0.4% of people on PSN already have the Platinum… From my experience, a game rated at 8/10 difficulty and 200 hours for the Plat should have a <1% achievement rate on PSNP and 0.1% on PSN - and that’s long term, not within 60 days of launch. I can’t imagine how people would be cheesing or cheating their way through this, so are Final Fantasy fans really that dedicated? 😂 Because I’ve never seen so many people attempt, let alone attain a Platinum of this caliber (let alone so soon). 

I can think of a few reasons:

- Great video guides by Optinoob and other youtubers can trivialise all challenges except for the very last few VR Challenges. The hardest ones are still made significantly more approachable (but not free) using his strategies

- The most dedicated fans and Plat hunters get the game early. At one point FF7 Remake (PS4) was up at around 18%-20%, but has significantly declined down to 13%-14% since then. It being on PSPlus had a big impact

- Most of the difficulty with this games is the grind rather than actual skill checks - anyone with time on their hands can get through the grind. The real skill checks come in 15-20 minute VR bouts so for those who really want the trophy but cant do it themselves, it is easy to ask for shareplay

- A lot of those who cry the loudest online about difficult challenges have been at it for a a short period and gotten frustrated when it doesn't unlock immediately or within a few tries. They usually end up coming back to the game the following day or week and beat it. There are few moments of difficulty that they might die on due to bad luck or lack of practice, but eventually most people do overcome this as they improve on said moments - especially if the gameplay is fun and addictive

Edited by SkippiesBar
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SkippiesBar said:

- Great video guides by Optinoob and other youtubers can trivialise all challenges except for the very last few VR Challenges. The hardest ones are still made significantly more approachable (but not free) using his strategies

Optinoob's guides didn't start releasing till at least three weeks after release, and people were still earning the Platinum at an accelerated rate even before his guides were all out. 

14 hours ago, SkippiesBar said:

-  The most dedicated fans and Plat hunters get the game early. At one point FF7 Remake (PS4) was up at around 18%-20%, but has significantly declined down to 13%-14% since then. It being on PSPlus had a big impact

I don't buy that. The amount of people who were lucky enough to get an early copy is insignificant - do you know how rare it is for people to get games before the official release date? It almost never happens. You could probably count the number of people who fall into that category on two hands. 

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

@SuperSaiyan3985

I don’t really get it - you started this thread asking “how so many people have the plat in less than 2 months”, got 6 pages of responses, and have basically dismissed or disputed every one of them…

…yet according to your own profile, you got the plat in under 2 months yourself.

Why is it so strange to you that other people did something that you yourself have done? 🤔

OP just wants to feel special, because this was obviously a difficult platinum for them to get. It must've taken a lot of effort, and they feel disappointed when they go online and see that it's not that relatively rare of a platinum. 

I get it to an extent, I'm salty that the remote play script exists for FF9's King of Jump Rope because it cheapens my trophy when I intentionally did it the intended way. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Optinoob's guides didn't start releasing till at least three weeks after release, and people were still earning the Platinum at an accelerated rate even before his guides were all out. 

I don't buy that. The amount of people who were lucky enough to get an early copy is insignificant - do you know how rare it is for people to get games before the official release date? It almost never happens. You could probably count the number of people who fall into that category on two hands. 

Just to clarify, when I said early I meant that the most dedicated fans get games early after release and play intensely to platinum them - not early access pre-release. Of course, this is a generic statement that can apply to any big release, but it can explain why some games first get a high plat rate and then sometimes decline a bit (especially when the game goes on sale or gets on PS Plus).

I agree that there are probably other aspects with bigger impact than this that I did not cover in my post such as what type of game it is and how trophies are designed (whether connected to interesting in-game rewards for example). 

I looked up various videos myself when I did the Bonds of Friendship and Rulers of Outer Worlds VR missions and saw a guide creator who offered his Paterons to finish the VR missions for them. He alone estimated that he had helped over 200 people, so there is definitely a pay to win market for popular games like FF7 Rebirth. This surprised me since I did not know paying for shareplay was this common. 

Finally, I do think that the 8/10 difficulty is a bit overstated. I would probably put it at a 6 or 7/10. It's more that it is very long and grindy. 

Edited by SkippiesBar

8 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

There were literally hundreds with early access. Someone needs to do their research

On 4/26/2024 at 1:44 AM, NathanW18 said:

OMG thankyou, I did the exact same thing, the writing was so bad for those options. The only logic is that second option is further down and thus less desireable. Otherwise the wording made no sense. Glad to hear they fixed it, I'm sure they got some feedback on that, just weird no one caught it.

On 5/5/2024 at 8:10 PM, FireMage777 said:

There were literally hundreds with early access. Someone needs to do their research

Someone needs to understand how AAA videogame releases work. February 29th was the street date for this game. The only people who get access before then are games journalists and content creators, of which virtually none whom are trophy hunters. For you as an average person to get your hands on an early copy, you’d have to know someone who’s willing to sell it to you under the table, of which you’d have no knowledge of. Employees and retailers who break the street date get in lots of trouble, which is why it never happens. But hey, you’re more than welcome to share this list of “hundreds” who got the game early. 

On 5/5/2024 at 1:42 PM, DarkTwilight999 said:

OP just wants to feel special, because this was obviously a difficult platinum for them to get. It must've taken a lot of effort, and they feel disappointed when they go online and see that it's not that relatively rare of a platinum. 

I get it to an extent, I'm salty that the remote play script exists for FF9's King of Jump Rope because it cheapens my trophy when I intentionally did it the intended way. 

You’re right, it was a difficult Platinum for me to get, one of my hardest actually, and nothing you say is gonna change that I’m proud of the fact. 

On 5/5/2024 at 12:40 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

@SuperSaiyan3985

I don’t really get it - you started this thread asking “how so many people have the plat in less than 2 months”, got 6 pages of responses, and have basically dismissed or disputed every one of them…

…yet according to your own profile, you got the plat in under 2 months yourself.

Why is it so strange to you that other people did something that you yourself have done? 🤔

Wrong. The thread was poised more so to the people who finished the game in under a month. Saying that it was for debating how it could be done in under two months is an inherent contradiction because I started this thread at the six week mark. 

Yes, after 194 painstaking hours I was able to do it in under 60 days. I had to make a conscious effort to play at every opportunity possible (I straight up no-lifed many weekends). Despite all that and playing as much as I can, it still took me almost two months. Meanwhile, others were able to do it in a week. Boggles my mind.

You also seem to have dodged another important talking point of this discussion and that’s why so MANY people have the Platinum. I’m still bewildered that so many would attempt such an agonizing challenge. Almost no one else wanted to answer this question, perhaps you can be the first. 

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You also seem to have dodged another important talking point of this discussion and that’s why so MANY people have the Platinum. I’m still bewildered that so many would attempt such an agonizing challenge. Almost no one else wanted to answer this question, perhaps you can be the first. 

I didn’t “dodge” anything genius- I was one of the first people to give you a perfectly legitimate answer.

It’s like 6 posts in on the first page.

That answer still stands BTW:

It’s not “agonising” for most people, because it’s a very good game, a fun challenge, and the game has lots of QOL additions to help people tackle that challenge, such as instant battle restarts, Assess Materia, chapter select at any time etc.

Also...

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Wrong. The thread was poised more so to the people who finished the game in under a month. Saying that it was for debating how it could be done in under two months is an inherent contradiction because I started this thread at the six week mark. 

From the OP:

On 4/11/2024 at 6:41 AM, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I’m struggling to wrap my head around how less than two months after release, over 5% of people on PSNP and 0.4% of people on PSN already have the Platinum… 

don_t_know_what_I_expected.gif

I appreciate that you found the game difficult,  and don't get me wrong, it certainly tickles me to imagine that - in between complaining endlessly about the game on this forum, and implying other people who didn't struggle with it are all cheaters - you managed to find 194 hours to put into a game you hate so much you consider it "agony" - that is definitely amusing....

... but the fact remains, while you can be proud of how you soldiered on and struggled through a game you don't like, not everyone felt the same way.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Someone needs to understand how AAA videogame releases work. February 29th was the street date for this game. The only people who get access before then are games journalists and content creators, of which virtually none whom are trophy hunters. For you as an average person to get your hands on an early copy, you’d have to know someone who’s willing to sell it to you under the table, of which you’d have no knowledge of. Employees and retailers who break the street date get in lots of trouble, which is why it never happens. But hey, you’re more than welcome to share this list of “hundreds” who got the game early. 

This is going to be very easy

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/26098-final-fantasy-vii-rebirth/16-i-got-this

That is the easiest trophy in the game and 50 people had it weeks prior to release, and that's just people registered on PSNP. You're delusional if you think it ended at those 50. Try again 

On 5/5/2024 at 5:40 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

I haven't really read the rest of the thead, so I'm mostly going by skimming this page but it sounds like a typical egoism thing. See plenty of it in the gaming community. Heck, it's why we have the iconic quote of "everyone worse than me is a noob and everyone better than me is a cheater" (or one of the variations).

When someone struggles with something it's hard for them to imagine someone else not struggling as much with that same thing because they see themselves as 'special' and above most other gamers. The reality is often that they're not 'special' and loads of people are more than capable of those same feats especially if they actually enjoy the game in question and opted to go for it without having that feeling like a slog.

This is seen a lot when a well received game happens to also have a difficult platinum, the achiever number and platinum %age is usually very high and more people get the platinums quickly because more fans are actually bothering to even do it. Your typical gamer is more capable than elitists would give them credit for and said elitists are not especially more 'gifted' than them. I know FromSoft difficulty is wildly overrated but, just as an example, Bloodborne is in the the top 10 most achieved platinums of all time and wherever you stand on its difficulty it's hardly in the top 10 easiest platinums at least xD. Dark Souls 3 used to be on PSNPs page 1 too when sorted by achievers but it's been overtaken since. Page 2 has 3 more FromSoft games, so it's not like it's one specific standout title. People are just more likely to 100% games they like, that's just how things work. It's of no surprise to me that this game, with its hype (which it appears to have delivered on to fans) has a bunch of people getting the platinum fairly quickly after launch, regardless if it's challenging or long.

I would not be surprised however, if this isn't particularly all that challenging either as popular big releases do tend to accrue more inflated difficulty reputations if they're a little bit harder than a typical easy AAA platinum. I suspect it's long, these kind of things usually are, but I've seen enough people crank out long ass JRPGs in a matter of days xD.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

When someone struggles with something it's hard for them to imagine someone else not struggling as much with that same thing because they see themselves as 'special' and above most other gamers.

It's a bit more baffling when we're specifically talking about 6 out of every 100 hundred people attempting and accomplishing the thing in question, when the implication is it should be maybe 3 or 4 out of every 100.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

"everyone worse than me is a noob and everyone better than me is a cheater" (or one of the variations).

Man, it must be awesome for those folks - I wish I could go through life with that kind of confidence 😂

I have a version of that quote, but it’s slightly different:

”everyone better than me is a gamer, and everyone worse than me is a paperclip”