How do so many people have the Platinum already?

7 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Except I don't have a lot of free time. I only get 3-4 hours of free time on the weekdays and I choose to allocate most of it towards gaming, which forces me to sacrifice other hobbies, so I wish I possessed the abundance of free time you're accusing me of having. Life would be a lot more enjoyable if I did. 

What is the point of this thread then. I, for example, have 2-3 hours of free time every day. 10+ on weekends. It's mostly the question if I have any strength and willpower left to play after a day of work. We are on a site that's dedicated to quite a niche hobby and FF7R2 is quite a hyped release. Some people took a week off or so to play it. I did too, but ended up playing other games instead. 

15 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

Attacking? If you feel attacked it's your problem and I really don't know what your goal is. Of course 200 OR 500 platinums ARE a lot but if you compare it to how long trophies exist it's nothing this is what I mean and you say because of 500 platinums I wasted my life?

I don't see how trophies being around for over a decade suddenly dilutes these numbers. 100, 200, 500, these are all a large amount of Platinums and how long it took is totally irrelevant. Racking up that many Platinums takes a significant amount of effort so you have go out of your way to do it.

And you are 100% putting words in my mouth. I never said you "wasted your life" for having 500 Platinums. @Surgical_Assault said I was wasting time creating this discussion instead of "playing games" and you backed him up. All I did was put a mirror in front of you to illustrate how're constradicting yourselves. I can play games and make forum posts at the same time. It's not that hard of a concept to understand. 

15 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

You wonder why other people don't have so much plats? Because THEY DON'T CARE. They don't play with a video guide. Don't wanna collect every collectibles, do several playthrough yadda yadda. If you only aim for platinum trophies 40 is "quick".

Wrong again. What I said about the 40 Plats; I was referring to trophy hunters, not gamers in general (I thought that was obvious but I guess not). What you just described sounds like someone who doesn't care about trophies at all. Getting 40 Platinums in a year is very difficult unless you play a bunch of shit indie games with easy Platinums. That's my point. Hell I don't even play 40 new games a year, let alone Platinuming as much. 

14 hours ago, shadowmaksim said:

Okay, I am convinced that this is just a troll thread at this point. TC asks a question, multiple possible reasons are given, TC denies nearly all of them...cause it doesn't feel right to them? And then also attacks others for any and all reasons as well. Rinse and repeat.

And now we are arguing about who has too much free time? Huh? People, we are trophy hunters, each and every single one of us engaging with this hobby within a hobby has too much free time that could be better used elsewhere.

Let me fix your reply for you:

TC asks a question > some people give relevant responses, others give wholly off-topic responses that serve to dismiss the question > I respond to said off-topic responses to highlight how they're not useful and contradictory > I'm the problem

Yes, we are now arguing about who has too much free time because apparently that's what people want to talk about so here I am entertaining it. That wasn't the original intent behind my question and I'm not the one who initially brought it up.

11 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

It's best to just give up with these people and stop acknowledging, they want to fight everyone with a differing opinion and thrive for the attention lol 

I realized this when they didnt actually want to talk about the topic in the thread and instead got outside of it to find a "gotcha" moment to really put me in my place??

Just let the bitter ones fizzle out.

Hmm, at no point during this long-winded conversation did I feel like I was fighting anyone. If pointing out fallacies in your points is considered "fighting", then that's your prerogative. I'm just trying to have civil discourse. 

"I don't want to talk about the topic" - go back and look at my responses. Whenever people made pointless posts, I return the favor with pointless replies. That's how this works. Anyone who made thoughtful points I responded in kind, and will continue to do so. 

You know, at this point I think I'm going to take your advice and "ignore what others have to say". No matter what I do, responding to all these dumb comments with logic and reason seems to always make me look like I'M the one with the negative energy. It's a zero sum game, so I'm just not gonna give in to the temptation anymore. I'll give my attention to the reasonable posts and ignore the rest. Thanks for helping me realize that!

10 hours ago, Akrioz said:

What is the point of this thread then. I, for example, have 2-3 hours of free time every day. 10+ on weekends. It's mostly the question if I have any strength and willpower left to play after a day of work. We are on a site that's dedicated to quite a niche hobby and FF7R2 is quite a hyped release. Some people took a week off or so to play it. I did too, but ended up playing other games instead. 

I've reiterated this several times already but I'll say it again: I was just trying to see what other people thought about this game's high Platinum attainment rate so early in the game's lifecycle, given the challenge both difficulty and time commitment-wise. I was stating that from my experience, I've never seen a Platinum of this caliber be attained so quickly and by so many people. I was wondering if others thought the same and if not, provide examples of other games that would disprove my perception. That's it.

4 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I've never seen a Platinum of this caliber be attained so quickly and by so many people.

There aren't many platinums of this caliber in a hyped mainstream release in the first place. RDR2 comes to mind, but that game is in a league of it's own in terms of how tedious the whole platinum experience is. I can't be bothered to finish the gold medals for example. FF7R2 on the other hand is quite straightforward in comparison. Another game that comes to mind is Witcher 3 - which also had a similar percentage iirc.

5 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Well at least we have this example to point to that a popular game with a 8/10 difficulty and 200 hours to plat can have a 6% platinum rate within 2 months of release, even if it’s not typical. 

Or that this isn't an 8/10 difficulty or 200 hrs to plat

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't even care about the Platinum anymore, these final 2 VR fights with Sephiroth and Zack have hit the last of my patience. There's several games on my list that I'm missing one Trophy for the Platinum and this will be one of them, these Simulators have made this game go from fun to garbage. I'm not letting Platinum obsession hit me, I just don't care anymore.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 9:10 PM, Akrioz said:

There aren't many platinums of this caliber in a hyped mainstream release in the first place. RDR2 comes to mind, but that game is in a league of it's own in terms of how tedious the whole platinum experience is. I can't be bothered to finish the gold medals for example. FF7R2 on the other hand is quite straightforward in comparison. Another game that comes to mind is Witcher 3 - which also had a similar percentage iirc.

You really think Rebirth is a straightforward Platinum? I mean yes it's a lot shorter than RDR2 but a lot more infuriating at the same time. Personally I had a blast with RDR2's Platinum because I adore the game and wanted to savor every moment. When I finished RDR2's Platinum, I actually felt a little sad that I'd done literally everything in the game, but Rebirth's Platinum felt like an endless nightmare that I couldn't wake up from. So much so that's made me resent the game somewhat because now when I look back on my time with it, all I'm gonna remember is the awful Plat and not the great story/gameplay that I enjoyed on my first playthrough. 

13 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

I don't even care about the Platinum anymore, these final 2 VR fights with Sephiroth and Zack have hit the last of my patience. There's several games on my list that I'm missing one Trophy for the Platinum and this will be one of them, these Simulators have made this game go from fun to garbage. I'm not letting Platinum obsession hit me, I just don't care anymore.

I don't blame you. In hindsight, had I known what I was getting myself into, I wouldn't have attempted this Platinum. I could've saved myself over a hundred hours and an insane amount of rage. 

On 4/19/2024 at 4:39 PM, DaivRules said:

Well at least we have this example to point to that a popular game with a 8/10 difficulty and 200 hours to plat can have a 6% platinum rate within 2 months of release, even if it’s not typical. 

Well now it's over 7% LOL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

I don't blame you. In hindsight, had I known what I was getting myself into, I wouldn't have attempted this Platinum. I could've saved myself over a hundred hours and an insane amount of rage.

Odin is the only one in the fights that I just can't beat, I've gotten him down to only 1/3 of his health left, but then he just wipes me to the floor, I've dodged, I've blocked and countered, one time he did 2 Zantetsuken practically back to back, other times he doesn't do it at all, if he went after Cloud and Sephiroth equally, I might have beat him, he seems to only go after Cloud no matter if you control him or not. If I would have known what I was getting myself into, I'd have left the VR Challenges alone and just enjoyed the game.

The over 7% is PSNProfile Members I think, if you click on it and for the Trophies on your system, it's less than 1%

3 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

Edited by Nitemares-----

Its understandavle getting frustrated but take in mind the people getting the platinum on this so fast likely didnt enjoy it as they just rushed it as fadt as possible probaly taking all the enjoyment out. Talk about grindfest. I wouldnt worry how everyone self tortured themselves. Just go your own pace, take your time. Its big game, I should probably get it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I just finished it and got the Plat. It's honestly not as hard as the guide suggests in my opinion. Optinoob really made this platinum more accessible and I'm sure a majority of people used his videos/shareplayed those VR challenges. 

I would say if you're struggling on the VR challenges, practice in the simulator for Odin/Bahamut and do Sephiroth's challenge first. Sephiroth's is easier and preps you for the Zack bout where Zack is a crappier character if you don't know how to use his unique ability. 

I gave up on this platinum. I know I don't want to put myself through the headache of the super hard VR missions, so I moved on to Persona 3. Put 2 months into this game, luckily Dragon's Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin and Southpark turned out to be duds, otherwise I don't knows how I'd ever play them all! Stellar Blade will probably share some time with P3 until I'm done with that. The demo was fun!

5 hours ago, YoYouNotYouYou said:

I just finished it and got the Plat. It's honestly not as hard as the guide suggests in my opinion. Optinoob really made this platinum more accessible and I'm sure a majority of people used his videos/shareplayed those VR challenges. 

I would say if you're struggling on the VR challenges, practice in the simulator for Odin/Bahamut and do Sephiroth's challenge first. Sephiroth's is easier and preps you for the Zack bout where Zack is a crappier character if you don't know how to use his unique ability. 

It's also worth doing Sephiroth's challenge first because you get a manuscript for Cloud for completing it. If you've done hard mode already, that should be your last manuscript for level 9. If you're using the magic build, that last level increases Rune Blade's magic damage by 31. It could be the difference between a win and getting Zantetsuken'd by Odin.

12 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You really think Rebirth is a straightforward Platinum? I mean yes it's a lot shorter than RDR2 but a lot more infuriating at the same time.

Yeah, you have a challenge and have to complete it. Not running around spawning bears and hoping to RNJesus to find a Moose and Panther. Then proceed to watch 2 minutes of loading before trying to replay any mission. That's 70*2= 2 hours 20 minutes of loading screens even if you do every mission perfectly first time.

I would rather beat my head against a wall in a combat challenge, then do these tedious tasks. 

8 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

but take in mind the people getting the platinum on this so fast likely didn't enjoy it as they just rushed it as fast as possible probably taking all the enjoyment out.

Why are you projecting this onto people. I binged a lot of game in my many years of gaming playing 10-14 hours sessions over the course of a week and the only game I really didn't enjoy was Persona 5. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

You really think Rebirth is a straightforward Platinum? I mean yes it's a lot shorter than RDR2 but a lot more infuriating at the same time. Personally I had a blast with RDR2's Platinum because I adore the game and wanted to savor every moment. When I finished RDR2's Platinum, I actually felt a little sad that I'd done literally everything in the game, but Rebirth's Platinum felt like an endless nightmare that I couldn't wake up from. So much so that's made me resent the game somewhat because now when I look back on my time with it, all I'm gonna remember is the awful Plat and not the great story/gameplay that I enjoyed on my first playthrough. 

As someone with both the Rebirth and RDR2 plats as well.. those games reversed would be accurate for me. 

Personally I had a blast with Rebirth's Platinum because I adore the game and wanted to savor every moment (well, apart from generic world intel). When I finished Rebirth's Platinum, I actually felt a little sad that I'd done literally everything in the game, but RDR2's Platinum felt like an endless nightmare that I couldn't wake up from. So much so that's made me resent the game somewhat because now when I look back on my time with it, all I'm gonna remember is the awful Plat and not the great story/gameplay that I enjoyed on my first playthrough.

Now to be fair it likely didn't help that I was under time pressure from RDR2 being removed from PS+, and I had to get it done before then, but RDR2 has so much RNG shit in it and every gold medal attempt has to be preceded not only by long loading but also 5 minute or so horse rides just to try the actual gameplay part again... miserable.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 5:08 PM, Nitemares----- said:

Odin is the only one in the fights that I just can't beat, I've gotten him down to only 1/3 of his health left, but then he just wipes me to the floor, I've dodged, I've blocked and countered, one time he did 2 Zantetsuken practically back to back, other times he doesn't do it at all, if he went after Cloud and Sephiroth equally, I might have beat him, he seems to only go after Cloud no matter if you control him or not. If I would have known what I was getting myself into, I'd have left the VR Challenges alone and just enjoyed the game.

The over 7% is PSNProfile Members I think, if you click on it and for the Trophies on your system, it's less than 1%

I only attempted Odin three times (plus once on To Be A Hero, I died a lot more on Bahamut), so I don't think I've seen him enough to judge the level of RNG. I think I died to Zantetsuken once, and I wasn't surprised because I knew I took too much damage. This isn't something you don't already know, but blocking with Cloud in Prime Mode will absorb most of the damage and give you a shit ton of ATB. Once you cast Aeroga you'll regain all that health back. While doing that, try to build up ATB as Zack and cast Manaward and Haste on Cloud. In my experience, he focuses on the character you're controlling, so this should take the attention off Cloud. The key is to switch to Zack just before he casts Temporal Imprisonment (~1/4 health). I recorded my run if you want to take a look, you might glean something from it. 

It's currently sitting at 0.9% and rising on PSN; IMO that's still too high. I would've expected it to settle down around 1% like five years from now, but not this soon. 

On 4/21/2024 at 5:31 PM, ElektrickRage said:

Its understandavle getting frustrated but take in mind the people getting the platinum on this so fast likely didnt enjoy it as they just rushed it as fadt as possible probaly taking all the enjoyment out. Talk about grindfest. I wouldnt worry how everyone self tortured themselves. Just go your own pace, take your time. Its big game, I should probably get it.

But to rush it this quickly you'd had to skip every cutscene and dialogue. I'm sure a few people did that but it can't be that many. 

23 hours ago, phoenix_shade said:

I gave up on this platinum. I know I don't want to put myself through the headache of the super hard VR missions, so I moved on to Persona 3. Put 2 months into this game, luckily Dragon's Dogma 2, Rise of the Ronin and Southpark turned out to be duds, otherwise I don't knows how I'd ever play them all! Stellar Blade will probably share some time with P3 until I'm done with that. The demo was fun!

A wise choice.

19 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Yeah, you have a challenge and have to complete it. Not running around spawning bears and hoping to RNJesus to find a Moose and Panther. Then proceed to watch 2 minutes of loading before trying to replay any mission. That's 70*2= 2 hours 20 minutes of loading screens even if you do every mission perfectly first time.

I would rather beat my head against a wall in a combat challenge, then do these tedious tasks. 

Why are you projecting this onto people. I binged a lot of game in my many years of gaming playing 10-14 hours sessions over the course of a week and the only game I really didn't enjoy was Persona 5. 

Took me like seven fucking hours to find a damn moose LOL. Yes, there was a lot of bullshit you had to do for RDR2's Platinum but it's not as bad so long as you have patience and enjoy spending time in the world. With Rebirth it's just overly difficult and the game just says the middle finger with those VR challenges and minigames.  

10 hours ago, madbuk said:

As someone with both the Rebirth and RDR2 plats as well.. those games reversed would be accurate for me. 

Personally I had a blast with Rebirth's Platinum because I adore the game and wanted to savor every moment (well, apart from generic world intel). When I finished Rebirth's Platinum, I actually felt a little sad that I'd done literally everything in the game, but RDR2's Platinum felt like an endless nightmare that I couldn't wake up from. So much so that's made me resent the game somewhat because now when I look back on my time with it, all I'm gonna remember is the awful Plat and not the great story/gameplay that I enjoyed on my first playthrough.

Now to be fair it likely didn't help that I was under time pressure from RDR2 being removed from PS+, and I had to get it done before then, but RDR2 has so much RNG shit in it and every gold medal attempt has to be preceded not only by long loading but also 5 minute or so horse rides just to try the actual gameplay part again... miserable.

LMAO. There's nothing that could've made me dislike RDR2. The Platinum could've been the same as Rebirth's and I'd never be able overlook the monumental accomplishments of that game. 

Wasting time just having to repeat or a horse ride on a mission or wasting time repeating all ten rounds of To Be A Hero after getting Odin down to 10% health and screaming at the top of your lungs - I think I'd take the latter. 

• Like 1

i platinumt Crisis core final fantasy 7 reunion ps5 disc version and about final fantasy 7 rebirth if some gamers can play the game on day 1 of it releas they put alot of hours in it like me i did alot of hours in dragonball xenoverse 2 290 hours to be precise.

they platinum and play the game cause they are good in it and have the patience for to platinum it. i do not have final fantasy 7 rebirth yet. but so far i can tell is they play until the game is done!

i enjoyed crisis core final fantasy 7 reunion my second ps5 game is done.

i play a game until it is done i started this year with 100 percent gamecompletion!

Well, I decided to take a couple days off and try another run on To Be A Hero for the hell of it. I actually beat Odin, I was just super aggressive so he didn't do Zantetsuken, my dodging was on point and so was my blocking. So yes, take a couple days off to give it a rest and come back with a calm mind, it makes all the difference, I'm proof. Now all I have left is Bonds of Friendship, then pay Johnny a visit for the Platinum. Bonds of Friendship should be easier now that I'm at Weapon Level 9, plus Zack has Haste, where Sephiroth didn't. I'll get it eventually, but going to take another break before I attempt it. When / if I get the Platinum, my whole Play Log will be at 100%. 

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

I just got The Platinum, it was one of the harder, if not hardest Platinum I've gotten, it was not easy and I think I got lucky. If you do Hard Mode, then complete To Be A Hero, it makes Bonds Of Friendship a joke, because you'll have Cloud's Weapon at Level 9, with the extra boost in stats, along with Zack casting Haste, which I didn't have before in To Be A Hero, I literally destroyed Odin before he had a chance to do practically anything. I'm just glad it's over and done with, not looking forward to Chadley's VR Challenges in Part 3.

So, I got my platinum and 100% completion in Play Log a few days ago (no strategy guides, completely blind). I would give 5-6/10 on the difficulty scale with the only legitimate difficulty spike being "Bonds of Friendship". That being said, I loved the challenge anyway. IMO it's not even the hardest Final Fantasy platinum - I'd put Final Fantasy IX (9/10) and Final Fantasy X (8/10) above in difficulty.

Now, if you had to star rank every piano challenge, including "Let the Battles Begin" and "One-Winged Angel", that would be a whole different question.

On 4/24/2024 at 12:27 AM, Nitemares----- said:

Well, I decided to take a couple days off and try another run on To Be A Hero for the hell of it. I actually beat Odin, I was just super aggressive so he didn't do Zantetsuken, my dodging was on point and so was my blocking. So yes, take a couple days off to give it a rest and come back with a calm mind, it makes all the difference, I'm proof. Now all I have left is Bonds of Friendship, then pay Johnny a visit for the Platinum. Bonds of Friendship should be easier now that I'm at Weapon Level 9, plus Zack has Haste, where Sephiroth didn't. I'll get it eventually, but going to take another break before I attempt it. When / if I get the Platinum, my whole Play Log will be at 100%. 

Haha I was the opposite. I burned a whole Saturday doing nothing but attempting that cursed Bonds of Friendship—I refused to go to bed until i beat it, and I got the winning run around 1 AM that night so I was able to sleep like a baby LOL. 

18 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

I just got The Platinum, it was one of the harder, if not hardest Platinum I've gotten, it was not easy and I think I got lucky. If you do Hard Mode, then complete To Be A Hero, it makes Bonds Of Friendship a joke, because you'll have Cloud's Weapon at Level 9, with the extra boost in stats, along with Zack casting Haste, which I didn't have before in To Be A Hero, I literally destroyed Odin before he had a chance to do practically anything. I'm just glad it's over and done with, not looking forward to Chadley's VR Challenges in Part 3.

Having Cloud’s weapon at Level 9 really makes that big of a difference?

5 hours ago, ShaNagbaImuru777 said:

So, I got my platinum and 100% completion in Play Log a few days ago (no strategy guides, completely blind). I would give 5-6/10 on the difficulty scale with the only legitimate difficulty spike being "Bonds of Friendship". That being said, I loved the challenge anyway. IMO it's not even the hardest Final Fantasy platinum - I'd put Final Fantasy IX (9/10) and Final Fantasy X (8/10) above in difficulty.

Now, if you had to star rank every piano challenge, including "Let the Battles Begin" and "One-Winged Angel", that would be a whole different question.

“5-6/10” LMAO buddy Remake was a 5/10 Platinum and that wasn’t even half as hard. You live on a different planet.

I still don't understand why some people think undermining a video game's difficulty will suddenly make them the coolest guy in the room. There are so many factors in someone's ability to play this game, that reducing everything to 'skill' just seems nonsensical. I think my problem personally is that I don't really have the patience everyone else has, the reason I enjoyed Cuphead so much was that even though it was pretty brutal, your objective was perfectly clear. You were always having fun, even when you died. Contrast that to having to change my Materia for every single encounter on Hard mode, I literally couldn't care less, especially on Rufus, Jenova and Sephiroth in which you have to do it again each time you die.

I've been using Optinoob's walkthroughs for Hard mode since around Terror of the Deep and Roche. I'm up to Jenova and Sephiroth, and after two hours of attempts, finally getting to Sephiroth, I died and chose the wrong option which sent me all the way back to before Jenova. This shit is not fun.

Edited by Jdeadevil
  • Like 2