Switched from original Vita to Slim Vita, Question about Trophies

superKILRbuny

Hey PSN Profilers!

I just switched from the original OLED Vita (3G/Wifi First Edition Bundle; got a great life out of it and now one of my buddies is having a great time with it) to the new, Slim Vita and had some questions for the community here. Seems like the best place to ask (here or playstationtrophies.org).

When I switched my memory cards over to the next system, all of my trophy data was synced to PSN. On the new unit, I synced my trophies and all of my trophies showed in the PSN tab. The PS Vita System tab only shows trophies for games that I have launched on the NEW system, which isn't an issue. My account has all my trophies, so yay! That's just some info for those of you thinking about switching - just sync your Vita trophies before switching and you won't lose any earned trophies on the account (kinda duh).

What I am wondering about, and hopefully somebody here will know the answer, is if trophies like Cooking With Gas (Persona 4 Golden) - Make 5 perfect boxed lunches, maintain their progress. By that I mean, if I have made 3 perfect boxed lunches on my old Vita, will I just need to make 2 boxed lunches on the new one? I have a suspicion that this is going to be a case-by-case basis, but I wanted to pose the question here so hopefully somebody will either find the info they need or know the answer!

Thanks all!

P.S. This is my first forum topic, and I just wanted to say that this community is awesome! The Playstation family has always drawn a great supportive and friendly player base and I'm glad I stumbled upon this website thanks to Colin Moriarty from IGN (he name dropped this on Podcast Beyond, which you should listen to if you don't already).

You should be fine. All you did was switch over save files so it is no different than taking an SNES cart from one SNES to the next. When I had to reformat my vita I put all my saves on my computer and then transferred them back and had no problems continuing onwards :)

Also how are you enjoying P4G? I should have the plat today and can say it is one of my favourite RPGs of all time

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 3

I did the same thing when I got the borderlands slim edition vita. I have not had a problem with progress or trophies on mine, but I also copied my data on my old vita to my PS3 and then restored it on my new one. I haven't tried just straight putting in the memory card in the new system and just start playing, I was too afraid to take that risk because some physical copies are tied to the vita and the specific memory card that you started playing it on first.

This happens with switching memory cards too. I have 2 plats that dont show on my new card

Same problem here but I noticed that when playing the game again (on the new memory card) some trophies pop automatically. For example, when I played Ninja Gaiden again, any trophies already earned relating to the dragon sword came up only when the dragon sword was equipped.

Same problem here but I noticed that when playing the game again (on the new memory card) some trophies pop automatically. For example, when I played Ninja Gaiden again, any trophies already earned relating to the dragon sword came up only when the dragon sword was equipped.

Hmm thats pretty interesting. More of a glitch though i guess.