The Philanthropist

Narniak

Seeing as this is currently the rarest trophy besides the Platinum, people may be struggling like I did with the terrible vague description.  "Affections" only requires roughly 50% max affinity for any NPC.  You do NOT need to make their cheeks "rosy" and obtain max affinity "stalker status".  I did not realize this until the freaking trophy finally popped while I was giving gifts to my very last two NPCs.  I was getting their cheeks rosy as usual, giggity, then the trophy suddenly popped after giving only 2 out of the 4 gifts it takes for max affinity.  This means I wasted at least a couple hours of farming extra flower bundles and waiting for the next day (only 1 gift per day), when only half of what I was doing was necessary. 

The PS5 trophy tracking seemed to be accurate for this one, so use that and ignore the worthless in-game Adventure Logbook listing NPCs with "Max Affinity".  Doing any quest / side quest for an NPC seems to get very close to the roughly 50% affinity needed for earning "affections" status.  I don't recall ever having to gift anything else to an NPC after successfully completing a quest for them.  Also note there is a cat merchant across from your house in Bakbattahl selling cheap flower bundles and the daytime flowers you can combine for more bundles.  As my super awesome luck would have it, this merchant was literally the 50th and last NPC I chose for this stupid trophy. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this particular trophy happens naturally or at least semi-naturally.  I have been playing for approx 60hrs and have only actively "romanced" 3 NPC's via gift giving and according to the tracking I have earned the affection of 32 out of 50.  So, I can only guess that as long as you are doing the quests for the NPC's it will get you over halfway. 

You can also hop to all the bars at night, and buy drinks for everyone. The amount of money it takes to get the trophy varies, but eventually you'll increase affinity with the npcs and the trophy will pop. This method depends on if you have enough gold to throw around to go back and forth in both bars in Vernworth and Battahl.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I discovered it carries over into NG+. I was worried that my progress for this trophy would have to be redone, but I only had to give gifts to a handful of people. Your Seeker's Token progress also carries over into NG+ too. I was prepared to download my cloud save to revert back but didn't need to worry about it.

Edit: A bit if clarification. Pretty sure affinity for NPCs themselves is reset, but the number of NPCs you need to pop the trophy isn't. So if you had 40 out of 50 for the trophy, you only need to get 10 in NG+ which is easy with handing out wrymslife crystals.

Edited by Mud-and-Bugs

hand out Wyrmslife Crystals until the trophy pops

reload to get your crystals back

🤷‍♂️

no big deal, done in minutes. You will need WCs anyway to buy the sword etc. so as soon as you have enough, just do this quickly.