Trophies: 9375

Unearned trophies: 7223

Completion: 52,10%

KYC22 ending stats:

Games played: 479

Trophies: 9430

Unearned trophies: 8028

Completion: 49,77%

Never killed my completion so good before. During the event, I realised that what I'd enjoy at this point more is a "dive": just having a day in which I play as many games as possible, stopping once I reach the first trophy. Just getting a feel of all the games that I own or that are open to me.

Game prizes:

Best game: Ghost Of Tsushima 

M23bad0.png

Biggest positive surprise: Tunic

Mee5c0d.png

Biggest disappointment: Power Wash Simulator

M56dd91.png

Biggest mèh: Assassin's Creed Mirage 

M079818.png

• Like 3

Quick recap from best to worst:

Baldur's Gate - still fantastic

Resident Evil 2 . quite good so far

Dave the Diver - a novelty that clearly appears to some

Tales of Kenzera Zau - a mediocre metroidvania

Yakuza Kiwami - was actually quite disappointing

Was busy this month with a move, next time I'll be more active.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Was busy this month with a move, next time I'll be more active.

Don't sweat the small stuff, voodoo. I was tempted to not play today, but I have to follow the rules and play every day, so I soldiered through... speaking of which... FINAL UPDATE! :D

kycreport10.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy this game even now, it has stood the test of time despite its dated graphics, somewhat meh soundtrack, and complex gameplay. I'm just about finished with Chapter 1 - there are eight story chapters in this game, and the last one is a bonus chapter, the real ending is the end of Chapter 7 - and can't wait to bring down the clown king and leave Palm Brinks. (Not for good, I'll have to come back for Finny Frenzy when in unlocks midway through Chapter 4. :lol:)

However, while Dark Cloud stood the test of time, it's showing its age. While the mini-games its has are not on the rip-my-teeth-out rage that we know in Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (which I will never platinum and will buy only to play on my trash account), the mini-games there are do get my blood pressure rising: Golf courses that appear in the levels where you have to bounce the ball on walls to make it the opposite color of the hole or it gets repelled, fishing, and getting all the monster badges as one requires three diamonds to use on a card-based monster, and if I get rid of the one diamond you get before Chapter 7, then I'm waiting until Chapter 8 to get that last badge. :(

This game could have been better with the emulation features that Sly Cooper will get when it is ported to the PS4(rewind, save states, etc) but I've platted this game twice before so it's no big deal to me. I still love it, warts and all. ^_^

Final Profile Completion: 85.20% (-0.07%) (Not as deadly as I had expected, but then again, this last game only has 31 trophies so it's nothing to fret about.)

Total Profile Murder(from initial % of 90.40%*: -5.2%

Final Game Rankings Tier List:

Lots of fun: (I like these games a lot which is why they will be put in future events to platinum; all but FFVIII are in the Summer Backlog event list)

• Nexomon Extinction
  • LEGO DC Super Villains
  • Final Fantasy VIII
  • Trials of Mana

Meh: (Not really that interesting but hold up enough that I will work on them.)

• Chrono Cross: Radical Dreamers Edition
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition
  • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  • Dark Cloud 2

Painful and it a living hell to platinum when I have to do it: (These two are going back into the backlog until I have nothing better to do as they are grindy)

• Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention

This was a great event and I will pray for you people doing crunch time today so you can get your lists done. ;)

Now I can't wait for tomorrow... when I have to do the Summer Backlog Event. JOY. *sigh*

Of course, chances are I will kill my completion more as I have other games I put on my PS4, like TUNIC. <_<)

* I apologize, I didn't put my initial completion percent when I put the list down before the event began. If I ever go insane and do this event again in future, I will make sure to do that. Sorry! :(

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 3

Game #5 Star Ocean: Divine Force

spacer.png

I actually really enjoyed my time with this. We don't get enough scifi jrpgs. Even though Star Ocean games tend to be more fantasy jrpgs with a bit of scifi included, I still think they count. This is probably the most fun with the series since the ps2 entry. The game has a lot of flaws but I still had a blast with it. I am surprised by my reaction since I was pretty lukewarm to the previous entry in the series.

They still use the doll like character designs but they look a lot better than SO5. I think the style turns away some people from the game before they play it but you kind of get used to it and it becomes less noticeable the more you play. The biggest flaw with the game is probably enemy variety. It is really, really bad. You probably see most types in the first two areas and they are just recoloured upgrades from then on.

You can choose between two characters at the start of the game. I chose Raymond but it seems that the stories are the same for the most part. You occasionally split up to do your own thing before rejoining later on. It is similar to SO2 for whoever played that. I might replay it from the other characters perspective in the future but I don't want to get burnout by doing it too soon. There are no battle trophies for those who didn't like them in previous games.

I think I am at the three quarter mark of the story and will definitely be finishing the playthrough.

I think Star Ocean and Shadowrun are the two I probably enjoyed the most playing this event. I might finish Callisto Protocol soon as I had made decent progress and it is a short enough game. I wasn't the biggest fan but I always enjoy some scifi horror. I enjoyed Dave the Diver more than Voodoo eyes but it isn't really my type of game.

That is it for me this time around. Thanks to voodoo_eyes and everyone else.

• Like 2

Game #5: Final Fantasy XVI

Time played: 3 hours

Trophy progress: 2/69 (2%)

So FF16 is a game that I have had on my backlog for a while. I bought it pretty soon after release, loaded it on my PS5 and just never hit play. Well, I finally managed to do that and for a game that I was so excited for I have very mixed feelings.

The game starts out very cut scene heavy, I think for my 3+ hours of playtime there was mainly 40 minutes of actual gameplay. I have no idea if this gets better further on but I would imagine things improve once the exposition part of the story is over. The cutscenes themselves are extremely cinematic and well put together, they don't feel unnecessary but it would be nice to add more player involvement in there since it would be about 5 minutes of gameplay followed by a 20 minute cut scene which wasn't great pacing for me. The story follows Clive, the son of an archduke who fails to inherit the powers associated with his bloodline and so is tasked with protecting his brother who did, in both flashbacks and the present war amongst the several kingdoms of his continent as they fight for control over the sources of magic present in the land. The developers have mentioned that they took heavy inspiration from Game of Thrones in crafting this story, which was a negative for me as I did not particularly enjoy that show or the Song of Ice and Fire and I could already see some of the issues I had with those pieces of media popping up in this game. However, I am curious as to how this plays out so far and the game is gorgeous enough that I will likely continue playing.

The combat in this game feels fairly generic for a third person action adventure so far. It just looks so good that I don't care how original it is, playing as Clive feels badass and so the lack of truly interesting combat for these first few hours doesn't matter much. I'm just hoping that they add more depth as the game progresses, and also make the enemies punish me when I spam certain moves.

The trophy list itself is not difficult, there is technically one missable trophy. However, that is easily covered by just not selling any crafting material which is not difficult to keep track of. Also, the platinum does require a second playthrough so if I do somehow screw that up, it should be easy enough to fix. All in all, this is a game that I want to play more of, I'm just not sold on it at the moment.

Overall: 6/10

Starting Percentage: 58.45%

Current Percentage: 56.11%

Overall for this event, I dropped my completion percentage by 2.34% and managed to actually complete my list this time around so that's a pretty big victory for me. I have four games out of five that I want to keep playing after the trial run and another one that I loathed but will probably finish the platinum for because it is so short. I might wind up doing a more complete retrospective in a day or two as I revisit some of these games, but that for now that's it for me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Game #6: MediEvil Remake

La126b4.png

I'm a bit late with my final game but here we go.

As well as all my previous games the last one is a remake too. The original game was released in 1998 for the PS1. Like for some of the other games I also played a demo of this game back then.

You play as the skeletton of Sir Daniel Fortesque, a hero in a war against the evil wizard Zarok. He was the one who defeated Zarok in the last war. At least that's what the legends tell. In reality he was defeated with the very first arrow shot in the fight. Now 100 years later he gets a second chance to defeat Zarok.

You start in Dan's crypt where you learn the basics of the game. Those are attacking with your weapon, which is either a melee weapon like a sword or a ranged one like throwing knieves. Basically the game is an action adventure with light hack and slash elements. On a world map you select the level to play. In each level you fight through the hords of Zarok's army. Defeating enough enemies grants you a grail that can be found somewhere in the level. For some gates in the levels you need to find a rune to open them. There are also boss battles in some levels.

So far I fought against one boss and reached the part of the game where I'm on my way to the land of the living. That's about 5 or 6 levels in. I don't know how long the game is but I guess it's not that long.

The fighting is a bit weird because you can't really block or evade. You have a shield but that has a durability and only lasts for a few hits before it breaks. So mostly it is tanking hits while beating the enemies. When your health reaches 0 you take one of your potions automatically as long as you still have one. A game over means that the level starts from the beginning again, which happened twice in an ant hill for me.

Time played: 2,5h

Trophies: 6/39

Rating: 6,5

Overall I had fun with doing this event again and playing some of the games I played demos of years ago when demo discs where still a thing. After doing the event I have to downgrade my first game of the event Jak and Daxter to a 6,5 as that game and Medievil are at the same level and a 7,0 seems a bit to high.

End of event stats

Ratings:

• Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (6,5)
  • MediEvil Remake (6,5)
  • Pac-Man World Re-Pac (7,0)
  • Katamari Damacy Reroll (7,5)
  • LEGO City Undercover (8,5)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (9,0)

Games played: 388 (+6)

Completed games: 213 (+- 0)

Unearned trophies: 5587 (+199)

Completion %: 61,17 (-0,78%)

Trophies earned during the event: 54

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 2