Autopop

Matekki

Autopop doesn't seem to be a feature.

The game required an MS Account connection, but my Xbox achievements did not transfer.

Hopefully, all the trophies are still achievable even if I've achieved them on my XBOX.

I fear the most achievements such as "Now Bring Me That Horizon", which requires setting sail for the first time.

Let's see when I'm able to test it out 😁

• Haha 1

As official post on SOT website

All active Sea of Thieves achievements on Xbox and Steam will convert into Trophies on PS5. While existing achievement progress may result in some Trophies unlocking immediately upon login, players will need to replay to fully unlock Trophies on PS5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Auto pop worked for me

Really? That's good to hear. At what point did that occur? 

I only had time to login and set sail with dinghy before needing to head out. Got worried when that set sail did not autopop not appear by that time.

1 minute ago, Engazan said:

As official post on SOT website

All active Sea of Thieves achievements on Xbox and Steam will convert into Trophies on PS5. While existing achievement progress may result in some Trophies unlocking immediately upon login, players will need to replay to fully unlock Trophies on PS5.

That's good to know. Thanks for sharing 🙌

1 minute ago, Matekki said:

Really? That's good to hear. At what point did that occur? 

I only had time to login and set sail with dinghy before needing to head out. Got worried when that set sail did not autopop not appear by that time.

That's good to know. Thanks for sharing 🙌

Once my account was linked and I fully logged in, weird only one trophy showed up on screen but my unlocks said otherwise

• Like 1

Yea I have 190 steam achievements and only 50 popped on ps which I am worried about because I have way more than 10 titles and I’ve set sail a few time this morning and couldn’t get anything else to pop. Someone had 120 trophies pop at the same time which is weird that it didn’t occur for me.. hopefully just a bug or something 

Did they just pop as you entered a game because I also have a ton of these from Xbox and PC but nothing is popping for me.

Edit: Tried everything so far I could think of to get some to pop and nothing has happened. Pirate Legend is a concern since that grind is abysmal.

Edited by VereorChris

Considering how inconsistent this is, the autopop is very buggy. I have around 210 Steam/Xbox achievements, but only popped 56 trophies on login. 

Some very weird behavior like I have the trophy for earning 150,000 gold on Gold Hoarder voyages and Order of Souls voyages, but not Merchant Alliance. I also have all the trophies for earning every commendation during most Tall Tales (which requires completing them 5 times) but I did not get the trophies for completing the Tall Tales. Not only that, but I don't have the trophy for earning 10 commendations. I have hundreds. 

Some of these trophies that didn't unlock were a huge grind on PC, I'm very disappointed with how they approached this support. 

1 hour ago, SupergiantStarr said:

Considering how inconsistent this is, the autopop is very buggy. I have around 210 Steam/Xbox achievements, but only popped 56 trophies on login. 

Some very weird behavior like I have the trophy for earning 150,000 gold on Gold Hoarder voyages and Order of Souls voyages, but not Merchant Alliance. I also have all the trophies for earning every commendation during most Tall Tales (which requires completing them 5 times) but I did not get the trophies for completing the Tall Tales. Not only that, but I don't have the trophy for earning 10 commendations. I have hundreds. 

Some of these trophies that didn't unlock were a huge grind on PC, I'm very disappointed with how they approached this support. 

I’m in the same boat I have the pirate legend trophy and I have around 200 steam achievements I have well over hundreds of titles and I own all the weapon skins from shops so I can’t get trophy for buying a new weapon skin ect but only 53 popped for me so hopefully it gets fixed soon 🙏

25 minutes ago, oRoxxas said:

I’m in the same boat I have the pirate legend trophy and I have around 200 steam achievements I have well over hundreds of titles and I own all the weapon skins from shops so I can’t get trophy for buying a new weapon skin ect but only 53 popped for me so hopefully it gets fixed soon 🙏

Absolutely nothing popped for me and I def have like 50 ish achievements on PC

Same thing here, have like 150 achievements on Xbox and only about 50 poped for me on ps5, I really hope they figure this out because I definitely don’t want to deal with some of that grind again. Has anyone tried unlinking and linking their account? Or maybe it’s just a l bummer bug that’ll be fixed on final launch hopefully. 

I don't have early access so I was waiting to see how this played out for the early access folks before launching the full game on April 30. Honestly, considering there's 254 trophies in total and at least 100 that can be autopopped, it doesn't surprise me that there's a delay or issue with them. We're talking about a very high number of trophies, relatively.

On PC, achievements have had quite a few issues over the game's lifetime, especially not unlocking when fulfilling the requirements when the servers are very busy. Sometimes, achievements will not unlock until a couple of days after you fulfilled the requirement. I wonder if something similar is at play here.

I am a new player and did some trophies in the beta and they popped when I loaded up but for some reason I couldn't find get the full billow trophy to pop no matter what I do I messaged support but not very helpful kept thinking I was talking about an achievement on Xbox popping on ps5 but told them. Multiple times that wasn't the case and as of yet can't get it to unlock for me kinda frustrating as there's no way I can get it to pop. They said something about waiting 3 days then if it doesn't pop put another ticket in 🤬

Edited by teethingkorea

9 hours ago, TheLoneliestPanda said:

Once my account was linked and I fully logged in, weird only one trophy showed up on screen but my unlocks said otherwise

This is normal behavior on PS5. When autopopping even a full game's worth, only one notification will come up.

2 hours ago, teethingkorea said:

but for some reason I couldn't find get the full billow trophy to pop no matter what I do

I got this trophy randomly a few minutes ago, a minute or two after we arrived at an outpost (on a sloop) with sails fully raised, after a couple hours of playing. My guess is it's just buggy and eventually it'll pop for you.

So, I've played a bit more with little success. I thought that maybe the trophies for reaching level 75 would pop once I looped back around on a Distinction.

However, I reached level 75 Distinction II with the Gold Hoarders tonight and the trophy didn't pop. Safe to say this is extremely buggy and hopefully some of this will get sorted out at launch.

On 4/25/2024 at 9:33 PM, SupergiantStarr said:

So, I've played a bit more with little success. I thought that maybe the trophies for reaching level 75 would pop once I looped back around on a Distinction.

However, I reached level 75 Distinction II with the Gold Hoarders tonight and the trophy didn't pop. Safe to say this is extremely buggy and hopefully some of this will get sorted out at launch.

Yes I’m at 77 for GH and no trophy. Thankfully this is not a platinum required trophy but still annoying.

in regards to the auto pop, the official word is everything that can only be done once will auto pop. Anything that is repeatable in the game will need to be done again to pop. But then again I can only hit 75 once, and it didn’t pop, and it didn’t pop when I hit 77 from 76 while playing the ps5 version. So some of these will be bugged.

According to rare the only auto pop trophies will be ones you can only earn one time. Anything that’s repeatable will not auto pop. Unfortunately some trophies are bugged for imported characters such as unlocking 10 commendations and 10 pirate titles. Since importing my character from other platforms, I must have unlocked 50-60 commendations but my tracker still says 0/100

Posted (edited)

Here is the official support article from Rare about syncing PS5 Trophies with other platforms:

If you have made progress on a different platform in Sea of Thieves, please be aware that when linking your Xbox Live account to your PlayStation™Network account, that only certain trophies will unlock automatically for previously completed progress.

This is intended behaviour, as only achievements that can be completed once, such as becoming a Pirate Legend, will sync automatically with your trophies.

Other completed achievements will not unlock the related trophy and so will need to be completed again.

Any progress towards a trophy first made on Xbox, Windows, or Steam will not carry over to PlayStation®5, therefore the requirements for said trophy need to be met from scratch on PlayStation®5. This is due to how trophies are tracked on this platform.

Regarding trophies not unlocking and should have unlocked (cf. first paragraph in quote above), Professor Howl created a ticket with support and said (source)

So, I got a response from another support member (since tickets apparently close after 72 hours), saying that there was some miscommunication and that the server synchronization for progress would start as of today for PS5 official launch. In other words, 72 hours starting today.

It's a bit annoying to be told to wait 72 hours a second time, especially when you're told that if waiting that long doesn't fix it, they'll be more than happy to help you out. But considering that something very similar happened on Xbox launch back in 2018 and some people waited up to a few weeks for some achievements to finally be handed out, I'm inclined to believe it might have happened here again on PS5. So, I'll hold out another 72 hours and see where we are at then.

Edited by noervus
Typo

You can easily see how broken the auto pop is, by looking at the trophy lists of the 3 people with the platinum. 

There’s multiple trophies that unlocked for them in seconds, that did not unlock for anyone else, and now still refuse to unlock.

I contacted the devs in an attempt to highlight the ones that, cannot be obtained again, and did not unlock. They just gave me a link to their own article about Syncing PS5 trophies..

(even though I had already referenced that article multiple times in my original message to them… so clearly they are not even bothering to read messages properly)

As it stands, at least 5 trophies that should have popped for me did not. All related to commendations, or titles.

The ones for getting specific commendations, are still tracking, so if they trigger when you reach the requirement that originally unlocked the commendation.. they will be okay. But if they are set to trigger when the commendation is awarded, they won’t unlock, because I already have the commendation.

When You’re a Professional Pirate is completely broken, it’s stuck at 0% and refuses to move no matter how many new commendations I get.

As for the titles, I already have way more than the 10 required for Self Entitled, and the tracker is stuck at 70%.  

Hopefully Rare fix the issue, but if they are not even going to read the messages they receive properly. I doubt it will be any time soon.