Some secrets may be unobtainable

I have had this game since it first entered early access, and picked up the PS4 copy when it came out.  I immediately noticed I was sliding on some objects, kinda like ice, but more like I was stuck in a jump and had some control of my direction, but was unable to jump.  The stab jump also seems like it covers less distance, there are invisible objects/incorrect collision everywhere, and you cannot stand on fences (if you hit it pixel perfect you can bounce for a short while).  One secret took me 3 hours to get and I went and got it on the steam version my second try.  The one I had to give up on is where you have to run up a roof and stab jump in the priory.  You can only inch up the roof, and there is a pixel you can jump, but you cannot gain forward momentum.

After some digging I found out the original release runs on darkplaces and the console port runs on unity, and was done by a different team.

So if you're looking to get trophies, I'd wait for a patch (hopefully).  It's also unbelievably frustrating to slide around in a fight, and it happens so much.  The physics of the console port are wrong and weird

• Like 3

I noticed some sliding as well. The console version does have keyboard/mouse support, I wonder if any of the secrets that require a more precise long jump would be easier to reach using kb/m vs controller. I am guessing some issues you describe (fences) are due to how Unity engine is handling object collisions.

Either way, I am just playing through on normal difficulty to enjoy the game for now. Hopefully they will have patched some issues before I start truly trophy hunting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlphaLeonis85 said:

I noticed some sliding as well. The console version does have keyboard/mouse support, I wonder if any of the secrets that require a more precise long jump would be easier to reach using kb/m vs controller. I am guessing some issues you describe (fences) are due to how Unity engine is handling object collisions.

Either way, I am just playing through on normal difficulty to enjoy the game for now. Hopefully they will have patched some issues before I start truly trophy hunting.

Yeah I am just having fun, I really like the games aesthetic.  I don't mind waiting for a patch, but I know some people would rather wait.

I just hope it's not like bendy and the ink machine, where another team ported it and none of the bugs were fixed.  Because I think the run up the roof and stab jump is impossible right now.

I'll try mnk later, but I am guessing it's a unity port problem

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlphaLeonis85 said:

Have you had any crashes? I had my first one tonight when I was trying to exit to the main menu after tethering.

The sliding is annoying. I am hoping for a patch soon.

Yes, I've had a few.  2 crashes set me back quite a distance as well.  There is also a big with the weapon wheel where you're frames will drop to single ditches, but you can fix it by switching weapons again.

• Like 1

Also something that happened to me, I grabbed the yellow key in the level "The Priory" and then left the level and when I came back I didn't have the yellow key anymore and it wasn't in the level either. So just to be safe I wouldn't leave any levels without using any keys you might have collected first.

Edit: I also want to add don't use a soul tether while you have the flight ability active in The Priory. I lost my saved data there but when I loaded it up from the shrine it loaded up just fine. 

Just wanted to throw that out there. 

Edited by Beast_Mode255
  • Like 2

Nevermind my saved file is getting corrupted in the next level also, I keep having to reload from the last shrine. I think I'm putting this game down and waiting for a patch, cuz it just keeps happening. Really hope we get one cuz the game is fun. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Beast_Mode255 said:

Nevermind my saved file is getting corrupted in the next level also, I keep having to reload from the last shrine. I think I'm putting this game down and waiting for a patch, cuz it just keeps happening. Really hope we get one cuz the game is fun. 

Sadly the same thing happened to me.  I am stuck in infinite loading, in "the priory", after using the flight ability as well (it may have been active, can't remember).  Something is broken down there. 

I made a backup save after finishing right at the end of the level.  Hopefully it's not broken, too.  Really sad the unity port is not working, was excited to keep playing 

I downloaded my save from before I used the flight power, finished the level without tethering, and went on to the next level.  At first it was fine, but upon entering an area with lava, it happened again and my save file is broken.  I wonder if the lava has something to do with it, seeing as it was right there when both my saves broke.  

Anyway, everyone should be very careful and make backup saves often, on psn and flashdrive if possible. 

Good luck

19 hours ago, tommyrotts said:

I downloaded my save from before I used the flight power, finished the level without tethering, and went on to the next level.  At first it was fine, but upon entering an area with lava, it happened again and my save file is broken.  I wonder if the lava has something to do with it, seeing as it was right there when both my saves broke.  

Anyway, everyone should be very careful and make backup saves often, on psn and flashdrive if possible. 

Good luck

Yeah at first I thought it might have been the flight itself, but maybe it is the lava. It wouldn't have even been that big of a deal if it only did it in that room, but it continued to do it in the next set of levels as well

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 4:08 PM, Beast_Mode255 said:

So did you actually make it to the second hub world, Eventide Wastes? 

I'm currently stuck in The Gardens, the enemies that you are supposed to fight on the lift that takes you down to the exit portal won't spawn for me, so the gate to the portal won't open. That's the last level I needed to complete before fighting the boss and moving on to the next hub/chapter.

I just ask because it looks like you're the only one on PSN profiles to unlock that trophy. 

Edited by AlphaLeonis85

12 hours ago, AlphaLeonis85 said:

So did you actually make it to the second hub world, Eventide Wastes? 

I'm currently stuck in The Gardens, the enemies that you are supposed to fight on the lift that takes you down to the exit portal won't spawn for me, so the gate to the portal won't open. That's the last level I needed to complete before fighting the boss and moving on to the next hub/chapter.

I just ask because it looks like you're the only one on PSN profiles to unlock that trophy. 

Yeah the enemies in The Priory wouldn't spawn for me either(The Priory was the final level I played) so instead of going through the exit I just grabbed the 5th artifact and went all the way back out through the entrance of the level. Then used the 5 artifacts, fought the boss, went to world 2. But the saving issue persisted even in world 2 and that's when I gave up with the whole thing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beast_Mode255 said:

Yeah the enemies in The Priory wouldn't spawn for me either(The Priory was the final level I played) so instead of going through the exit I just grabbed the 5th artifact and went all the way back out through the entrance of the level. Then used the 5 artifacts, fought the boss, went to world 2. But the saving issue persisted even in world 2 and that's when I gave up with the whole thing. 

Got it. I wish that was an option in The Gardens, but there is no way back up once the relic is picked up and the lift takes you down to the exit.

Posted (edited)

I'm glad I didn't get the console version, sounds like it's really rough. I do hope they fix the console version cause I wouldn't mind getting it for console, and hoping for physical copies later.

Edited by Aythadis_666
wrong game

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2024 at 11:25 PM, Miles-MHunter said:

I've found all secrets on Mourningvale level and ain't got trophy. May be glitched

You need to find all the secrets in Mourningvale, all five of the levels within Mourningvale and the boss level.

Edited by AlphaLeonis85

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...