Level 50 online with collector

1 hour ago, marius_maximus said:

Yes that makes sense… I was aiming at the XP rather than the money, since you’ll get enough money to cover all the MP trophies regardless. But I guess it applies to XP as well, I’m just not sure if the 2xp bonus applies to separate items as well…

XP bonuses are only for the complete sets, not individual items. I'm pretty sure you don't even get any XP at all when you hand in a single item either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

Yes that makes sense… I was aiming at the XP rather than the money, since you’ll get enough money to cover all the MP trophies regardless. But I guess it applies to XP as well, I’m just not sure if the 2xp bonus applies to separate items as well…

I collected the Taro cards and eggs in the beginning but for example some of them were on trees. Don't bother with them. Just collect everything on the ground and the best is alcohol and juwelier. I didn't collected the eggs at all and like I said. When you are level 5 only do the yellow ones and if a set isn't complete. Complete it another day. 

Have fun 

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

XP bonuses are only for the complete sets, not individual items. I'm pretty sure you don't even get any XP at all when you hand in a single item either.

Thanks, that was my guess unfortunately 😖

1 hour ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I collected the Taro cards and eggs in the beginning but for example some of them were on trees. Don't bother with them. Just collect everything on the ground and the best is alcohol and juwelier. I didn't collected the eggs at all and like I said. When you are level 5 only do the yellow ones and if a set isn't complete. Complete it another day. 

Have fun 

I have completed the cards and the plants, bought the shovel and the metal detector, but I don’t see the point in collecting the yellow collectibles if it’s completely random based. There’s a high chance that you’re not getting the complete set, so maybe the best option is going for the bottles and the plants since they’re less of a grind and still give 3000 xp 

3 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

Thanks, that was my guess unfortunately 😖

I have completed the cards and the plants, bought the shovel and the metal detector, but I don’t see the point in collecting the yellow collectibles if it’s completely random based. There’s a high chance that you’re not getting the complete set, so maybe the best option is going for the bottles and the plants since they’re less of a grind and still give 3000 xp 

In the end it's up to you what you collect.  There is no perfect route except of playing the collector. It's still the fastest way and if you know your route and how you tackle the collectibles you are level 50 in no time. 

13 hours ago, marius_maximus said:

The jewellery sets are half completable to an extent. The bracelets and necklaces both have all their items spawn on certain days. Check the jeanropke map to see what ones have spawned on that day, and which day the others spawn next. However, the rings and earrings both have at least 1 item that is completely random, so those ones are harder to complete. The coins, arrowheads, and fossils are all completely random spawns.

Every day you are able to collect all 4 Tarot Card sets, the Antique Bottles, the Family Heirlooms, the Eggs (providing none glitch on you), and 3 full sets of the Flowers. So that's 10 complete sets you can hand in each day

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2024 at 11:47 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

Was looking at your trophy profile. It is most impressive.

Oh, errr thanks haha

spacer.png

EDIT: imagine complementing mine, as if you haven't a lot of great games and completions yourself!

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, thank you all guys. I’m done with level 50 nightmare. This is what I would have loved to read when I started:

1. As soon as you start MP, get the 25 Gold Bars offer for 5€, look for Madame Nazar and get the Collector Bag straight away. The reason behind is that every challenge that you complete rewards you with 0.1 gold bar. You have 7 general daily challenges. In the very unlikely event that you’re happy to complete the 7 of them you’ll get 0.7 gold bars per day and it won’t take you 10 min, I’m telling you. You need 10 gold bars for the bag if it’s discounted so make yourself a favor and get the 5€ offer.

2. Collect the cards, the bottles and the plants (white collectors on the collector website but some of the jewellery are buried so you might not be able to complete the set yet). Go and sell them to Madame Nazar. With the money, buy the shovel and the metal detector.

3. Activate the yellow collectibles now, but focus only on the white ones. If any of the yellow ones happen to be on the way, go and get them. Otherwise, ignore them. The reason behind is that many of the yellow collectibles grant 300xp on their own. If you get 10 of them is like selling one full pack.

4. The grind can be a bit boring sometimes, so it’s also a relief if you alternate trophies every now and then (10 unknown people mission, 5 random events, selling items to the butcher, crafting weapons or items…).

5. Leave the crafting munition for the last one, since recipes are expensive and it’s better if you collect some money from Nazar while selling packs.

Good luck to everyone and happy farming!

Edited by marius_maximus
Explanation about gold bars

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, marius_maximus said:

Well, thank you all guys. I’m done with level 50 nightmare.

If you thought that was a nightmare, you are going to regret playing this game when you start in on Skin Deep and Zoologist lol Oh and we can't forget the exotic object side quest and the plethora of other collectible hunting that you need to do during the story campaign for the 100%...

That said, you provided some great tips.  Though, I'd say it really isn't necessary to make the ammunition one last.  You can just do it when you have the required stuff.  Split point ammo is the easiest way to go.  Just need to buy the recipe from the fence at level 28.

Tbh, this was one of the best games I've played.  As is typical with Rockstar though, it's grindy af.  So I'd suggest sticking with your own advice and sort of hopping around between main missions, gold medals, and collectible hunting.  Otherwise, you're likely to get very burnt out.  It's also not the worst idea to alternate between playing this game and another.  It took me over 300 hours to get the plat.  Probably the one that I'm most proud of though.  I honestly felt kind of empty after getting it because after spending so much time in that game and then being done with it... I was like "well, now what."  Felt weird going from working so hard at it every day to not having to anymore.

I hope you find ways to fully enjoy the experience!

Also, I see you haven't gotten the MVP trophy yet.  Easiest way to do that is play the capture the flag type mode.  Just stay by your defense zone.  Everyone else is usually so busy trying to kill each other that it's fairly easy to get the MVP.  Safest bet would be to get a boosting group together ofc.

Edited by RAGEKlTTEN
added additional tip
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RAGEKlTTEN said:

If you thought that was a nightmare, you are going to regret playing this game when you start in on Skin Deep and Zoologist lol Oh and we can't forget the exotic object side quest and the plethora of other collectible hunting that you need to do during the story campaign for the 100%...

That said, you provided some great tips.  Though, I'd say it really isn't necessary to make the ammunition one last.  You can just do it when you have the required stuff.  Split point ammo is the easiest way to go.  Just need to buy the recipe from the fence at level 28.

Tbh, this was one of the best games I've played.  As is typical with Rockstar though, it's grindy af.  So I'd suggest sticking with your own advice and sort of hopping around between main missions, gold medals, and collectible hunting.  Otherwise, you're likely to get very burnt out.  It's also not the worst idea to alternate between playing this game and another.  It took me over 300 hours to get the plat.  Probably the one that I'm most proud of though.  I honestly felt kind of empty after getting it because after spending so much time in that game and then being done with it... I was like "well, now what."  Felt weird going from working so hard at it every day to not having to anymore.

I hope you find ways to fully enjoy the experience!

Also, I see you haven't gotten the MVP trophy yet.  Easiest way to do that is play the capture the flag type mode.  Just stay by your defense zone.  Everyone else is usually so busy trying to kill each other that it's fairly easy to get the MVP.  Safest bet would be to get a boosting group together ofc.

Thanks for your tips and your feedback!

Yes, the main reason why I suggested leaving the ammo for the last is because you’ll definitely be over level 28 and with enough money and resources to buy the recipe from the fence and craft straight away. But you can definitely do it half way through level 50.

About the campaign I’m actually going to leave it for later, I was playing AC Valhalla when I saw the XP event here but it’s probably not a good idea to alternate such long and grindy games together. I’ll probably alternate both of them with different styles (I still have Crash and Spyro trilogies on the backlog, so this is probably a good time to tackle them). I don’t keep good memories from the RDR campaign collectibles wise, so I can only imagine who long this is going to take…

About MVP I’m definitely going for boosting group!

Thanks again for the tips!

You can get 10 free gold bars by activating 2fa for your linked rockstar account. Not sure if turning it off and turning it back on works. The bonus is not immediate. I did not receive mine until the day after activating 2fa.