Cost of Lost Memories

saviplatina

I saw that there are two endings that cancel each other out, one of completing Lily's bar 100% and the other of not completing it. Would it be possible in the middle of the game before doing 100% to make a backup and after getting the 100% trophy to return the save and continue from that part? I think this would help the "second move"

5 minutes ago, saviplatina said:

I saw that there are two endings that cancel each other out, one of completing Lily's bar 100% and the other of not completing it. Would it be possible in the middle of the game before doing 100% to make a backup and after getting the 100% trophy to return the save and continue from that part? I think this would help the "second move"

theoretically this would be possible. But rushing through the game a second time doesn’t take much more time and also gives the DLC trophies.

Also when you go into NG+ you can easily fully upgrade Health, Beta Skill and Weapons and probably more and don’t need to be that searchingly on your NG.

• Like 4

You would have to do a decent chunk of the game after your backup depending on which you do first as well. Not only is the last main linear area sorta long (over an hour or so, some unskippable time based stuff and a few bosses) but the ending with Lily at 100% has an extra area. I thought about it but it feels like one of those situations where you'd be sitting there after reloading the backup going... I should've just done ng+ (personally)

• Like 2

As @xIRockyRock said, if you want to do the DLC trophies then its maybe better doing it there but.........If you want to 100% NG+ as well for the extra equipment, Mk 2 Gear, Exospines and 34 extra Costumes, then yea, you need to do what you mentioned OP otherwise its 3 playthroughs for platinum.

So I will mention the optimal way to do all endings in 1 playthrough, then you just do with that info what you wish regarding on how you're wanting to play;

What you need to know first is that although you need 100% Lily for an ending and 99% or less for another, there is actually MUCH more affection points than what you need. The game only records up to 100% of course, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is 150%+ affection points for her. Point of this info is, is that you need to avoid most stuff to be safe as Story Quests give you lots of affection as well.

Go through the game, collecting everything in linear areas, but avoiding everything in open areas (but do Solar Tower quests), this includes files etc as well.

Once you finish the linear area in the Great Desert, sorry I forget the name, the next story quest will be to go to Eidos 9 or Spire. Eidos if 100%, Spire if lower.

This is where you want to make a save backup.

Now sprint through trying to complete story as quick as possible and get the ending trophy related to having low affection on Lily. This will take a few hours, but MUCH quicker than a whole playthrough (unless of course you want the NG+ trophies and nothing else there, then NG+ would be quicker).

Now download your save, go and 100% everything, then proceed to Eidos 9 and carry on with 100% the game. Make a backup at the end and get the final 2 ending trophies!!!! Doing 100% this way is actually quicker because you have more side quests unlocked at once so you can do more in each area instead the constant backtracking you would be doing in the story as new sidequests/bulletins unlocked.

That's pretty much it mate, I'm planning out almost perfect optimal route to do it myself (I will eventually know how many affection points story gives you exactly), but thats the general foundation ;)

EDIT:

You could even leave the Solar Tower Reboot quests until after the save backup. I've decided to completely ignore everything in Xion, The Wastelands and Great Desert, but any other areas before the save backup I will 100% as I go through.

The reason I leave Xion, Wastelands and Great Desert is because they are the open areas and you will be going through these countless of times so just leave them until later and remove 1 time running around them. Much easier then to be sure you wont pass 100% Lily by fully exploring the linear areas ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

so I am at the point when she asked to go to Eidos 9, I thought she is not 100% and I will finish. My backup is just before this so no return below 100% now.

So just so I am clear with the trophies:

Can I back out from going to Eidos 9 for now and continue clearing stuff? I still need cans and fishes, open boxes, dresses, Behemot fight (although I am not sure how to trigger him as he does not show up when I go to the area) after all that can I backup and get 2 other endings and after in NG+ just do main quest and get the trophy for her not being 100%? it is bit confusing as someone said everything transfers to NG+ so wouldn't her affection be 100% already in NG+?

As well is there any trophies I can leave for NG+ that would cumulatively add? like dodges, suits, boxes, activating camps and so on? or should I finish all of those before NG+?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, Suporex said:

so I am at the point when she asked to go to Eidos 9, I thought she is not 100% and I will finish. My backup is just before this so no return below 100% now.

So just so I am clear with the trophies:

Can I back out from going to Eidos 9 for now and continue clearing stuff? I still need cans and fishes, open boxes, dresses, Behemot fight (although I am not sure how to trigger him as he does not show up when I go to the area) after all that can I backup and get 2 other endings and after in NG+ just do main quest and get the trophy for her not being 100%? it is bit confusing as someone said everything transfers to NG+ so wouldn't her affection be 100% already in NG+?

As well is there any trophies I can leave for NG+ that would cumulatively add? like dodges, suits, boxes, activating camps and so on? or should I finish all of those before NG+?

Thanks

If you're planning on doing NG+ and avoiding all the NG+ content (so no NG+ costumes), then just do what ya can now and do the rest in NG+.

Though in regards exactly to what you're asking with Lily's Affection, if Eidos 9 is available currently in your game, then you're above 100% and can't back out of it. And so you will have to do a 3rd ending in NG+ meaning you will have to avoid collecting anything there, so that's bad news if you wanted to collect stuff in NG+.

You keep collectibles for NG+, but they all appear again and Lily's Affection goes back to 0%.

Edited by Optinooby

17 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

theoretically this would be possible. But rushing through the game a second time doesn’t take much more time and also gives the DLC trophies.

Also when you go into NG+ you can easily fully upgrade Health, Beta Skill and Weapons and probably more and don’t need to be that searchingly on your NG.

I've been a bit confused on this, but it sounds like you're saying if I am relatively diligent about collectibles and do most/all side quests and requests, I should pretty handily get the 100% for Lily and then in ng+ I could clean up any collectible trophies I may have not finished by only getting what I have remaining, and doing no side quests and I should probably be safe to not be at 100% that time. 

Basically I just want to continue playing as I have been (doing all quests & scanning a lot to find collectibles as I go), without combing over everything staring at a collectible guide... and then still blast through ng+ as fast as possible since I hate ng+ haha

23 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I've been a bit confused on this, but it sounds like you're saying if I am relatively diligent about collectibles and do most/all side quests and requests, I should pretty handily get the 100% for Lily and then in ng+ I could clean up any collectible trophies I may have not finished by only getting what I have remaining, and doing no side quests and I should probably be safe to not be at 100% that time. 

Basically I just want to continue playing as I have been (doing all quests & scanning a lot to find collectibles as I go), without combing over everything staring at a collectible guide... and then still blast through ng+ as fast as possible since I hate ng+ haha

If your overall plan is to do almost full 100% NG and Speedrun NG+, then best to leave everything in NG+ and just do the story.

No such guide exists at the moment that tells you what actions/quests/collectibles affect Lilys Affection and by how much, and because you don't want to look at a guide anyway, then your safest way is to 100% NG and then do as little as possible in NG+!

For example, the collectibles you want to collect in NG+, maybe they're collectibles that raise Lilys Affection high. Since no Affection guide exists and since you wouldn't want to use such a guide anyway, then best to play it safe I would say ;)

Edited by Optinooby

3 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I played blind on my first playthrough. Couldn’t upgrade Health, Beta, weapon level, skills and chests and Cans.

I however got all 200 documents.

For chests and documents, only the one you didn’t got on your first playthrough count for the trophy. But if you use a guide for the cans, you stumble across most of the boxes and documents anyway and the scan feature really helps.

however you can collect more health, beta upgrades, skill points and more weapon upgrade shards in NG+. Even the one you already got on your first playthrough. I wasn’t close to get all upgrades and was glad it worked on NG+

Also with NG+ there are 74 outfits in the game now. If you don’t avoid them on purpose, the trophy is also no big deal, thanks to NG+. You can buy at least 6 from Roxanne (Xion right beside the Billboard). Rest can be found easily.

Beware, it’s 37 outfits on NG and 37 outfits on NG+. So don’t avoid them on purpose on your first playthrough, otherwise it’s getting close.

Lily’s progress bar is pretty easy to fill. Did like 40% of the side content. Just look out for her on the top right corner of the screen. Only story probably gets her to 70%. Rest comes from documents and some side content. 

Over all, don’t worry too much about the trophies. Enjoy your first run on your own pace. Use a guide on the things you need to on your NG+. (Cans and maybe fish, maybe some boxes).

Edited by xIRockyRock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xIRockyRock said:

I played blind on my first playthrough. Couldn’t upgrade Health, Beta, weapon level, skills and chests and Cans.

I however got all 200 documents.

For chests and documents, only the one you didn’t got on your first playthrough count for the trophy. But if you use a guide for the cans, you stumble across most of the boxes and documents anyway and the scan feature really helps.

however you can collect more health, beta upgrades, skill points and more weapon upgrade shards in NG+. Even the one you already got on your first playthrough. I wasn’t close to get all upgrades and was glad it worked on NG+

Also with NG+ there are 74 outfits in the game now. If you don’t avoid them on purpose, the trophy is also no big deal, thanks to NG+. You can buy at least 6 from Roxanne (Xion right beside the Billboard). Rest can be found easily.

Beware, it’s 37 outfits on NG and 37 outfits on NG+. So don’t avoid them on purpose on your first playthrough, otherwise it’s getting close.

Lily’s progress bar is pretty easy to fill. Did like 40% of the side content. Just look out for her on the top right corner of the screen. Only story probably gets her to 70%. Rest comes from documents and some side content. 

Over all, don’t worry too much about the trophies. Enjoy your first run on your own pace. Use a guide on the things you need to on your NG+. (Cans and maybe fish, maybe some boxes).

Ty bro that makes a lot of stuff clearer. I'm 20 suits so I will just leave it at that glad to hear I don't need to worry about getting max enhancements to beta and HP, I might still farm some as I am 3/6 for both atm so to be on save side. I did fishes and am going for cans now. Thing that worry me is chests, I feel I was doing a lot of scaning and side content but I am only 146/200 chests and was hoping the ones in NG+ will add but you say only the ones I didn't open count? damn might be hardest trophy for me then as I have no clue where to go to get that 54 missing. with weapon upgrades I am at 11 but I imagine easy upgrade to max in NG+

I should probably make sure the camps is done in NG and info on Naytibas.

anything else you can spot from my trophy list would be appreciated before I will go past 1st point of no return...

3 hours ago, Suporex said:

Ty bro that makes a lot of stuff clearer. I'm 20 suits so I will just leave it at that glad to hear I don't need to worry about getting max enhancements to beta and HP, I might still farm some as I am 3/6 for both atm so to be on save side. I did fishes and am going for cans now. Thing that worry me is chests, I feel I was doing a lot of scaning and side content but I am only 146/200 chests and was hoping the ones in NG+ will add but you say only the ones I didn't open count? damn might be hardest trophy for me then as I have no clue where to go to get that 54 missing. with weapon upgrades I am at 11 but I imagine easy upgrade to max in NG+

I should probably make sure the camps is done in NG and info on Naytibas.

anything else you can spot from my trophy list would be appreciated before I will go past 1st point of no return...

Unfortunately I had 145 chest in NG, but only new ones count in NG+. At the end I was on around 230 chests, probably you get this too. Rest should be easy.

Posted (edited)

Damn I am missing 2 camps. I am on 68/89 and I just checked that Eidos 9 and Spire give 19 so I am missing 2 and I checked Wastelands and Great Desert and it is not there for sure... This is bollocks as no way to check were I am missing in linear areas...

[EDIT] We Good. PowerPyx says last 2 camps are in final area...

Edited by Suporex