FFXIII-2 Demo

Artemisthemp

This game has been kind of ruined for me for 2 reasons:

1. They have included difficulty settings in the game (1st time Square Enix has EVER done this with a FF game)

2. I read a trophy guide on org from someone who bought the Japanese version and that person got the plat in under 60 hours. I was hoping for more like 100 hours

I'm losing faith in the Final Fantasy franchise, which I never thought I would say.

This game has been kind of ruined for me for 2 reasons:

1. They have included difficulty settings in the game (1st time Square Enix has EVER done this with a FF game)

2. I read a trophy guide on org from someone who bought the Japanese version and that person got the plat in under 60 hours. I was hoping for more like 100 hours

I'm losing faith in the Final Fantasy franchise, which I never thought I would say.

They are known for trying new things... im gonna give it a shot... they might go back to their roots a bit more and pull off a game like FF9, FF10 or FF12 and it may blow us away when FF15 comes out... i never lose faith... every one of their games has been great (minus #8 in my opinion)...

But remember how FF:X-2 was just kinda "meh" in comparison to X and XII... i just think that Final Fantasy games should be a solo project without sequels (just my opinion)... seems like a trend has started though... but that just means that maybe they will make another game like #12 and totally make me :awesome:

FF7 wasn't my favorite story OR game play by ANY means but you know that if they were to redo it they would sell millions of copies but they just don't wan to do it...

and something else i do is just try to play a game for what it is... if you don't like it thats one thing but you cant compare one game to another otherwise you will always be let down...

FF13 is great and i cant believe all the fuss about it "not being a true FF game" because it says it right in the title...

But i don't totally disagree with your thoughts... i actually would love to see another FF9 style or FF12 style of game... both very different i know but they were both my all time favorite Final Fantasy games...

They are known for trying new things... im gonna give it a shot... they might go back to their roots a bit more and pull off a game like FF9, FF10 or FF12 and it may blow us away when FF15 comes out... i never lose faith... every one of their games has been great (minus #8 in my opinion)...

But remember how FF:X-2 was just kinda "meh" in comparison to X and XII... i just think that Final Fantasy games should be a solo project without sequels (just my opinion)... seems like a trend has started though... but that just means that maybe they will make another game like #12 and totally make me :awesome:

FF7 wasn't my favorite story OR game play by ANY means but you know that if they were to redo it they would sell millions of copies but they just don't wan to do it...

and something else i do is just try to play a game for what it is... if you don't like it thats one thing but you cant compare one game to another otherwise you will always be let down...

FF13 is great and i cant believe all the fuss about it "not being a true FF game" because it says it right in the title...

But i don't totally disagree with your thoughts... i actually would love to see another FF9 style or FF12 style of game... both very different i know but they were both my all time favorite Final Fantasy games...

LOL, I Loved LOVED FF8. Especially the opening 5 hours where you are the elite squad of badass teenagers, granted the story got so convoluted by the last 10 hours that I simply spammed through it to the finish of the game.

But I loved FF12 - thought it was the future of FF games. I wish they would do another in that format.

I agree, I loved FF13. The game was linear for a reason, the story was still convoluted but was an interesting read if you took the time to try and piece it together in the backlog menus.

I just like 1 difficulty because I like the prospect of everyone experiening/enduring the same thing I did. I feel people will just put the game to 'Very Easy' (hell I may end up doing the same if it impeeds trophy progress) and cheapen the experience. I want SE to keep us honest is all im saying I guess.

Im sure with the inclusion of some story-based DLC, the game might actually stretch to 100 hours. Ill keep my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

LOL, I Loved LOVED FF8. Especially the opening 5 hours where you are the elite squad of badass teenagers, granted the story got so convoluted by the last 10 hours that I simply spammed through it to the finish of the game.

But I loved FF12 - thought it was the future of FF games. I wish they would do another in that format.

I agree, I loved FF13. The game was linear for a reason, the story was still convoluted but was an interesting read if you took the time to try and piece it together in the backlog menus.

I just like 1 difficulty because I like the prospect of everyone experiening/enduring the same thing I did. I feel people will just put the game to 'Very Easy' (hell I may end up doing the same if it impeeds trophy progress) and cheapen the experience. I want SE to keep us honest is all im saying I guess.

Im sure with the inclusion of some story-based DLC, the game might actually stretch to 100 hours. Ill keep my fingers crossed.

yeah when you mentioned the difficulty settings i was like "HUH???" :o

I NEVER thought they would do something like that *sigh*... i usually grind to over power my party but in FF13 they made it so you couldn't really do that unless you have the right paradigms ready... maybe thats why they did it... but still very shocking

as far as FF12... they said it was a one time thing attributed to the new wave of MMO lovers i guess... but i loved it... the open world action time battle system made me skip meals and bathroom breaks... thats how much i loved it... and i would LOVE to see it in HD with trophies or even a new installment.

we shall see...

you will play it and you will love it :comp: LOL!

• Like 1

ok... here i am after saying that i wasn't going to play the demo...

i played it... I loved it... i stopped after 15 minutes because i was so excited but i didn't want to spoil anything else...

here is what i thought... Don't read on if you don't want SPOILERS for the DEMO

1. Gil drops every battle... this is great news for all of us who had to grind Dark Matter and Platinum Ingots to get the FF13 platinum (i just got it last night by the way *pats self on back). Im sure there will be another ridiculous trophy like every RPG but at least you will have money, lol.

2. If you 5 star an enemy in battle you get bonuses to Item drop and rarity (the one enemy that i 5 stared gave me +200% rarity and +200% itme drop rate)... Platinum Ingots anyone?

3. The world seemed to be SO much more open... something that i missed from #12 where you can explore and talk to NPCs... My theory is that they were testing the battle system and gameplay with #13 and (relatively) improved it by making it feel more like an older FF game... this is a huge plus for the people who complained about it (i was NOT one of those people by the way).

4. The battle system is virtually the same as #13... i didn't see much different other than graphical but im sure there is more to come.

5. Random encounter battles... they made it feel like there are random encounters (again like older FF games) for those who like to grind... I found this to be quite unique the way they did it and you have a chance to get a preemptive attack in every battle... I wont say anything else on this... you will have to play the demo or the game.

6. I wont mention anything about the story because frankly i have no idea what its about (and don't want the spoiler)... I have my own theories...There are a few other new things that i either wont speak of or i just forgot or i didn't experience due to shutting the game off because i didn't want to spoil anything... I just wanted to share my thoughts on the demo... The demo made me drool and i will be playing this on day one for sure... All i can say is that the demo made me feel like i did when i first played FF12 (FF12 is my favorite FF game to date).

• Like 1

That's pretty disappointing. What kind of things do you have to do in order to get the platinum trophy? To think, ten years ago I was having a hard time dodging lightning bolts and collecting butterflies.

• Like 1

That's pretty disappointing. What kind of things do you have to do in order to get the platinum trophy? To think, ten years ago I was having a hard time dodging lightning bolts and collecting butterflies.

here is the list... i couldn't find a guide...

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/FINAL-FANTASY-XIII-2

XIII-2 seems on par with XIII... Chapter trophies, ending trophy, battle trophies, ride a chocobo trophy, ect...