Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley Announced For 3DS

Parker

10390156_10152416529743397_2736030581321

Today Natsume, publisher of farm simulation role-playing series Harvest Moon, announced the next game in the franchise — Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, which will launch for Nintendo 3DS later this year.

The Lost Valley features a fully-customizable world in 3D for the first time in the Harvest Moon series. Players can sow their own fields in a multitude of ways, adding different vegetation and water structures with their own whims.

"Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley is truly evolving the franchise," Natsume president and CEO Hiro Maekawa said in a press statement. "Hardcore fans will love it, players who haven't played a Harvest Moon game in a while will want to try it out, and new players will be introduced to the unique and charming world that is Harvest Moon.

"But the incredibly exciting thing that really elevates the game is that while it does get back to what everyone loves about the early games, it also innovates in a way that no Harvest Moon game ever has," he added.

Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley will debut at E3 2014 next week in Los Angeles. Earlier this week, Natsume announced it would be announcing three new games for Nintendo platforms around E3 — there are two more games to be revealed.

Last month, publisher Xseed announced Harvest Moon game Story of Seasons for 3DS, which launched in Japan earlier this year, will be coming to North America this winter.

Source: Polygon

This is great news for me. I've loved Harvest Moon since it released on the SNES and while I think a Wii U version would be awesome (since they seem to only be releasing on Nintendo consoles these days, even though one of the most well received games was on the PlayStation) I'm just glad we're getting another game in the series. It will be interesting to see how innovative the game is but with the Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire remakes and this coming out, I'll have another reason to play my 3DS. 

Parker

While I get excited whenever there are details of a new Harvest Moon (have been hooked since the SNES release), I know that a part of me will just never managed to make the time for this.

Doesn't mean I won't wind up purchasing it anyway, however.