Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, or: A Farewell to Arms

Glaivewurm

As i said...i will be checking out AWP...should know in the next 48 hours whether or not it's obtainable...as far as modding cash for Wanted...it is no longer possible....i guess most people don't know but patch 1.07 not only affected stat tracking and leaderboards it also blocks GTA IV online modding programs...if any modder has come up with a new program to mod GTA IV online and trophies I haven't heard of it yet...even if we could mod the cash i'm not sure Wanted would unlock as it would seem that the money for rank system has just been stopped...

case in point: i started a new level 0 account...i need just $1000 cash to level up but even when i earn $7000 in a match i still don't get any kind of level up message and i also don't unlock the Cut Your Teeth trophy...my level 10 account money also doesn't change regardless of the money i've been making...it's like they just froze money/rank stats...any money u make in a match appears at the results screen and then disappears back into oblivion...

and i'm not sure why people are whining about R*...let's face it, this is a 6-year-old game...trophies obtainable for 5 years now...R* notified people in advance of the Gamespy shutdown...they did not implement bans on any people cheating or modding for trophies...they gave an 11-day extension after what was supposed to b the shutdown date...yes, it sucks some trophies are unobtainable but i imagine if this happened in 10 years there would still be people complaining "Aw, i didn't get the trphies yet!"...let's give it a rest...you shafted yourself...unless of course you've been living in seclusion for like 4.5 - 5 years and found out post June 11th that this would happen...

Edited by ProfBambam55

It's more of a case of... they could have handled the situation in a good way or in a poor way. And they went with the poor way in every case.

Progression could be stored on the console for one, in fact, other than to please Ranking-Whores, there is no absolutely reason to keep level or stage progression solely on the server.

Most people are studying or working most of the year, and such an extensive grinding requires a ton of time and dedication, and a few very patient boosters. They could have at least waited until September or give it a 1 year awareness period, since the game actually has online trophies, unlike GT5 for example.

And why not just give Rank10 to everyone? Aren't a lot of customizations locked now since everyone's Rank 0?

They ACTUALLY released a patch, it's not like the servers just went down and are not responding anymore, so they could have fixed sh*t.

What, should I email and apologize for not having time to 100% the Online mode in the 1.5 years I had to play it?

Regarding AWP, I'm guessing it should be achievable as long as the player does every task without leaving the Online mode at least, which might require a 10hour or so non-stop grinding.

Edited by inufabie

haha...i bought a second copy to boost my AWP races...JP version...no 1.07 patch...just got Cut Your Teeth...all trophies obtainable...guess they haven't patched JP servees yet...weird...account is ProfBambamGTAIV...check it out...dammit, have to buy another copy now to boost races...doesn't access the same servers as 1.07...only like 10 poeple online...odd stuff...

Well if anyone wants to do Team Based matches let me know need 3-4 people

Think I needed left was Mafiya Work, Team Mafia Work, Team Car Jack City. Cops & Crooks All for one and one for all both cops and crooks side of it.

And need Fly the Co-op.

Just a fair warning I'm probably not that good on Fly the Co-op, so might take a while to get the times right.

Not sure if someone said levels reset, but I have all the cash I obtained still, and got that in a by ending up in a hacked lobby. As far as level itself goes don't know or think mine has reset.

Edited by Nightstream88

@nightstream...try posting in the GTA IV boosting thread instead plz...(can help with FTC if u send me a FR - ProfBambam55)...

HAHA...ok trophy hunters...order up your regular GTA IV Japanese version (BLJM) game discs...just bought a second copy of it...and boosted bomb da base 2 sniper glitch solo using 2 copies and 2 ps3's...rank and cash going up...should have wanted in about 10 hours of gameplay...keep everyone posted...should add that non-rank trophies carry over and can be earned on a seperate disc...anyone who buys it can do BDB2 glitch with me if they like...this is awesome...disclaimer; not sure if this will work outside Japan...have also not checked to see if digital version is available on Japanese PSNStore or not or whether or not it would work...don't see why not though...

EDIT; just checked Japanese PSStore...no GTA IV...

Edited by ProfBambamGTAIV

Guess I came back to some nice news.

But how did he do AWP? Are the servers still tracking that or we need to do everything in one go?

Edit 1:

I did get my Rank decreased, was Rank 5 before if I remember correctly; now I'm Rank 0.

I'm using the EU digital edition.

Edit 2:

Just noticed edufilippin posted here before, maybe he can tell us how he did it later.

Edited by inufabie

If AWP works same as Top the Midnight Club which i'm guessing it does, here's what i did...i wanted to be sure that it didn't need to be done in one session so i did 19 of 20 races,,,then i shut down my ps3...flicked it back on, switched accounts, switched games and waited about an hour...logged back into first account once again after waiting did last race...ding...no idea where the stats are being kept but they are being kept somewhere...here in japan perhaps...or perhaps buddha is keeping track...haha...did a similar system for Taking it for the Team but instead waited a day before winning last game mode...conclusion: the trophies do not need to be obtained in one go...i'll confirm this once i'm done with wanted...thanks to edufillipin for posting his success...

and as far as the other dude who earned wanted, MSSX4...have to agree that it seems legit...if account is accurate looks like he/she is in Bulgaria...wonder which version they use there...i'll consider messaging her/him tomorrow...a bit late and a bit tired now...i.e. ready for a FTC run...

If the AWP trophy is still obtainable am I going to have do everything all over again?

Since all I needed was stuff that required 3-4 people, and Fly the Co-op trophies. Don't want to have to do all those races in one run that took forever. Otherwise if this still obtainable I better get it as soon as possible from the looks of it.

Along with Taking it for the Team trophy.

Go and check out Cut your teeth and Wanted, seems MSSX4 earned them after the server swap. Account looks legit too as far as I can see

Just to post this in here (and to reply to you) I'm assuming he was playing on an Episodes disc, which was in fact not patched until about 2 hours ago while I was testing it to see if you could still boost Happiness Island to get to rank ten. I managed to get Cut Your Teeth on two accounts (the two most recent earners) but then when I was trying to get myself invited by my second PS3 I quit the game because I wasn't receiving invites then Patch 1.01 showed up, which then removed ranking on Episodes. 

To anyone looking to buy the Japanese version, I wouldn't bother unless you are okay with possibly wasting money on it. I'm guessing that the patch for Episodes lagged in getting approved, which is why it didn't get put through until now. I'm assuming that the patch for the Japanese version won't be too far behind. 

Just made my first of a series of youtube vids...feel free to check it out if you're bored...can just search my PSN ID: ProfBambam55 from within youtube...should be the only result...working on the 2nd and 3rd part now...makes me think wanted will ding...see what happens...

EDIT: part two is up and running...

2nd EDIIT: just got wanted now...put up a youtube vid or two in a couple hours...

3rd EDIT: the japanese version server went down about an hour ago...see what happens...no patch data yet...waiting... ... ... ...keep everyone posted...

4th EDIT: new youtube vids just went up now...Japanese server still down after over 12 hours...bloody ironic if i:m the last person to get wanted on PS3...

• 2 weeks later...

Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic unlocked!

I started the bosting before the path and the servers shutdown (about 60 wins) and after the patch (the rest) and poped instantly when I won the last mode (Car Jack).

I used this google spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvAWZdiQphamdDBVdWlMWXE0MERyQ1djZVVZZThITlE&usp=sharing

bkAxgdS.png

Thank's to NTGSruler and Side-Quest-Shane for the help.

Now I'm going for the Fly The CoOp with help, tips and guides from RedEye420.

Edited by raelga

THE JAPANESE VERSION HAS BEEN PATCHED!!!...just did my daily check...Wanted no longer attainable...

Sorry to hear, thanks for the info..

...and thanks for the fucking awesome speechless run ProfBambam55: "Hangman's NOOSE" and "Bomb da Base II" at the second try and "Deal Breaker" in the first try, thanks to you again.

Thanks to RedEye420 for the tips, the training sessions in "Deal Breaker", we were close to the Fly The CoOp times but my retarded (at that time) performance make that imposible xD.

I'm moving fordward to Red Dead Redemption, I don't trust in Rockstar anymore.

Edited by raelga

• 4 weeks later...

Rank Reset to 0 in GTAIV for PS3 and Xbox 360

Rockstar_Logo.png
Rockstar Games
July 10, 2014 19:49

Question: Recently my rank has been reset to 0 in GTAIV and no longer advances. All of the other players in my games also are Rank 0. Was this an effect of the move away from GameSpy services and will rank continue to be supported?

Answer: We are currently looking into this issue now. If you would like to receive an automatic email as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Rank Reset to 0 in GTAIV for PS3 and Xbox 360

Rockstar_Logo.png
Rockstar Games
July 10, 2014 19:49

Question: Recently my rank has been reset to 0 in GTAIV and no longer advances. All of the other players in my games also are Rank 0. Was this an effect of the move away from GameSpy services and will rank continue to be supported?

Answer: We are currently looking into this issue now. If you would like to receive an automatic email as soon as there is more information, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Rockstar support it's bullshit, they never read the question and usually the answer it's unrelated with the question or just a generic answer.

• 2 weeks later...