Final Fantasy Explorers announced for 3DS

Lady Lilith

http://gematsu.com/2014/06/final-fantasy-explorers-20-jobs-monster-training

Final Fantasy Explorers will have about 20 types of playable jobs, this week’s Famitsu reveals. In addition to the already announced Knight, Monk, White Mage, and Black Mage jobs, Famitsu confirms the Dragon Knight, Paladin, Thief, Ninja, Red Mage, Time Mage, and Bard are also playable.

FFExplorers-Fami-Off_06-17-14.jpg

Players can assign a maximum of eight abilities to each button for use in battle. While the game itself looks like Monster Hunter, Famitsu describes it as feeling like a “lite” version of Final Fantasy XIV or Final Fantasy XI. Character positioning is important, and an ability chaining system is also being implemented.

Once mastered, job-specific abilities can be used within other jobs. Ability costs vary depending on which job a given character currently has. A Black Mage, for example, will have black magic costs halved.

Final Fantasy Explorers is set on an island with various locations, and players will be able to walk to all of its adjoining lands.

A monster training element will allow you to befriend the beasts you fight. Since you have four max player slots, you can fill the remaining slots with monsters. For example, two human players and two monster players.

The game is said to last between 100 to 200 hours. Square-Enix is developing the game with intention of expanding it into a proper action-RPG sub-series of Final Fantasy.

A release date for Final Fantasy Explorers has not been announced. It will support both local and internet four-player co-op when it launches.

• Like 1

Oh my GOD, 100 to 200 hours!? Quite appealing, but I'll wait till we get to see some gameplay, the mechanics should be good enough, if that's the case, I'll get it day one :D

It looks quite complete when it comes to fighting: jobs, monster taming and strategy touches, I'll be paying attention to this one ^^