Any similar to Fallout?

M4T7Y5899

Since this game is being ported over to PS4 I want to know if it's anything like Fallout. Fallout is my favourite game series and since it isn't next gen yet, or if it ever will be, that if this game is anything like the Fallout series. It looks similar to me but I just need someone who has played both games to help. Thanks :)

Edited by M4T7Y5899

Nope. First of all, its much more story-oriented and linear. Second, it has a much more stealth-oriented style of gameplay. Really good game if you ask me, the story is great and leaves a lasting impression, the graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay offers enough variation to keep you entertained over more than one playthrough. My only criticism is that the game has a few points where it slows down the pacing a little too much for the story's sake. This can get annoying if you have to restart any chapter because of the game glitching out on you (happened to me twice over 2 playthroughs) or, more likely, trophy related reasons.

7 or 8 out of 10 if asked me.

The post apocalyptic setting, underground metro tunnel locations and some of the mutant animals are similar to to elements of Fallout but in terms of gameplay and the way it's all presented to you it's totally different. I would still highly recommend it though. 

The post apocalyptic setting, underground metro tunnel locations and some of the mutant animals are similar to to elements of Fallout but in terms of gameplay and the way it's all presented to you it's totally different. I would still highly recommend it though.

Is it open world?

Metro is a linear first person shooter, while Fallout is sandbox rpg.

This means they aren't much a like, despite a similiar setting.

Both games allow you to go in stealth or guns blazing.

But the real choices you make in Metro don't influence the game that much, only a bit of the story.

You can choose to kill everyone, let everyone live or anything in between. But that's not really a choice is it?

While in Fallout you can shape your entire game by your chocies. Whether it's F3 or FNV, your choices have consequences.

In Metro, it only improves your ending cutscene a bit.

Linear means it's no open world. You follow a straight line and can't influence while Fallout gives you the opposit.

You can complete every mission, DLC or whatever without ever following the main story in Fallout.

Edited by Mr_Freaker

The only real similarity between the two is the post nuclear war setting, which I personally feel Metro does a better job at capturing that kind of atmosphere....

While you don't get to see as much of destroyed Moscow in comparison to how much you can see of the wastelands in Nevada and DC in Fallout, What you do see is amazing.

The question is do you prefer a very good narrative with a open world setting, that can be very glitchy at times and the gunplay isn't the best...

Or a good narrative with a much more limited linear setting but with solid gunplay.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, the only similarity between the two is the post-apocalyptic setting with mutants and crazed people running around trying to kill you. The big difference is that F3/FNV is a sandbox RPG where your gameplay and choices affects how others view you and the consequences, you can chose to ignore the main quest and roam the world to do all the little side quests and dlcs and finish the Main quest last. However, Metro Last Light forces you to follow the story, while you might have one or two optional quests, namely getting the Teddy Bear for the crying boy and such, but the story forces you to progress and there isn't much of free roam. And there isn't really much of consequences from your actions other than minimal differences in the ending cutscene.