Mugen patch to be released soon.

Masamune

I thought I'd post this here just in case anyone was curious, it seems the freezing glitch in Mugen Field should be fixed soon. onion-head-smiley-00067.gif

Just another quick update - we're testing the patch here in the office and it seems to have fixed the freezing. We're planning to submit the patch to Sony by the end of the week. But the way their slotting and release system works, it's doubtful the patch will go live before the end of the month, unfortunately.

Source: http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14724&start=420#p781760

• 3 weeks later...

I personally experienced the trauma of the Mugen Field along with many others (-_-")

Kept freezing every 9 levels... I was lucky enough to get to level 29 with 4 G-Castle battles, and just as it was about to finish it froze.. OTL

This needs to be fixed ASAP  :|

Here's a little update on how the patch is coming along, hopefully it'll be out this week.

Just as another quick update, the EU patch has passed Sony QA, but there was a minor issue with the US submission that we're working on figuring out right now. Once both regions are set, we'll be able to publish pretty much immediately. Hopefully Sony US shouldn't take more than a couple of days. Stay tuned...

• 3 weeks later...

OK, hopefully this will be the last update before the patch gets released, I have to admit it's taking longer than I expected. falling-asleep-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1

So just a quick update, we finally got everything sorted out with the developers, got the updated patch, and resubmitting it back to Sony for testing. I can't give a time estimate since last time I did that, it clearly didn't work out, so I'll just say that things are moving again and it shouldn't be too much longer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah patch is out and this game is totally a major improvement over the original (bought the game recently last Tuesday as it was on a limited sell for $29.99 which is $20 off).

I have the Japanese release and it does help having the English release as I can understand what's being said and enjoy it more so I understand those that didn't want to import it because they don't understand Japanese although I don't either.  I just wanted to see how much an improvement MGZ was over MG.  Oddly enough shortly after I imported it they announced its NA/EU release.

More details about the issues before the patch as it wasn't just causing freezing in the Mugen Field but crashing to XMB as well and this was caused by the Slumbering Boss that randomly appeared in it and had to do with its sleep status effect.