Next Yakuza in development

Lady Lilith

Even if I have to import it, thank god the PS3 and PS4 are region free. Also PSP. I own all the Yakuza imports, and wouldn't be able to play them if it wasn't for Sony.

On the other hand, there is the obvious language barrier, but not too much of an issue with guides. Woyld be nice if it had an English subs option, but a Japenese game is better than n9 game.

No surprise Yakuza 6 is in development considering it's an annualized franchise.

Anyways, Sega obviously don't give a shit about it's western fanbase and would much prefer to feed us yet another generic Sonic game instead of giving us what we actually want. I don't understand why they can't add an English subtitles option to the Japanese version so the big Yakuza fans in the west could import it and still be able to play with it's full glory!

Defintely wish they were localised, after importing Y5 and the HD collection, the experience has been hindered somewhat.      

Why not just play the first 2 games in English on the PS2. It would cost as much to buy a PS2 with both games as it would to import the HD collection anyways.

I'll import it because the JP versions are better than the localized versions anyway.

How? Are you fluent Japanese?

Edited by Goro
  • Like 1

where did you buy this? Been looking everywhere for a decent price but it's very expensive. I wouldn't mind learning Japanese.

lol i really did buy it from best buy...until i torrented it :ninja:

Does Rosetta Stone deal with written Japanese (Kanji is the one that most subtitles are, right?), or is it only spoken?

i have yet to actually use it but i really need to start

• Like 1

No surprise Yakuza 6 is in development considering it's an annualized franchise.

Anyways, Sega obviously don't give a shit about it's western fanbase and would much prefer to feed us yet another generic Sonic game instead of giving us what we actually want. I don't understand why they can't add an English subtitles option to the Japanese version so the big Yakuza fans in the west could import it and still be able to play with it's full glory!

Why not just play the first 2 games in English on the PS2. It would cost as much to buy a PS2 with both games as it would to import the HD collection anyways.

How? Are you fluent Japanese?

Anyways, Sega obviously don't give a shit about it's western fanbase and would much prefer to feed us yet another generic Sonic game .....THIS. Yes. Another great example would be phantasy star online 2...

• Like 1

This announcement was the last straw, I'm going to learn Japanese for this, Sengoku Basara, and JP exclusive Saturn/Dreamcast games.  It would be VERY useful if I manage to learn it.

Good luck with that.

Yakuza 5

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/07/sega-we-are-still-waiting-for-yakuza-5

haxh7y9bbbsjj6levlfe.jpg

Video: Yakuza 5 was released in Japan in December 2012. It is yet to see a release in the West. Sega, we are still waiting. Hurry up.

Even if there's no chance, just say it will never come to US.  Yes, it will be sad, but that way I'll know for sure that I'll have to play my import copy.  Otherwise I'd want to wait for a localization before I play it, and I hate that.

Edited by Lady Lilith
  • Like 1

Even if there's no chance, just say it will never come to US.  Yes, it will be sad, but that way I'll know for sure that I'll have to play my import copy.  Otherwise I'd want to wait for a localization before I play it, and I hate that.

So much this, but for the UK too. :P

I wish they would just hurry up and confirm either way whether they plan to localise 5 and the HD collection or not.