"The Impossible Game" review

Hey, has many of you know, this game does not have trophies, so it's nowhere to be found on the Games and Trophies Section. Anyway, has the name says, this is going to be the review, of The Impossible Game. Let's start?

Since the very first games you played has your Gamer Life, some gamers wanted a challenge, most of the games were too easy. Then FlukeDude (name of the creator's.... company????) decided to make one of the hardest games ever made, The Impossible Game. Released in 2011 for the PS3, this game MUST be the defination of Impossible. But... is it really Impossible? No, it's not, it's just a whole lots of tricks to trick you into jumping, and most of the time, not jumping.

The gameplay (Skipped story, since this DOES not have any Story at all)? For starters, you are an orange cube, your objective in the whole game is to avoid the spikes and jump over obstacles, easy right? Well, you are so wrong into thinking that is that easy, think again. This game tricks you to jump, and not jump as mentioned above, making it very hard to finish the levels. Do not fear, the game has a mode named "Practice Mode" which allows you to use checkpoints to clear the level. But, god damnit, the "Practice Mode" might be has frustrating has the god damn game itself, killing you 10x faster than you would without using "Practice Mode". Just to clear the curiosity of the ones that are reading, do the levels have an end? Yes, they do. Also, you got to finish the current level to move to the next one. Which sucks because you want all of the levels unlocked has soon has you start.

Soundtrack. THIS game's Soundtrack is so good, one of the few reasons it makes players addicted to this game, hell, even after I completed this game 100%, in 5 days I returned to this game and finished all of the levels just to hear the Soundtrack. Just pure gold of soundtrack.

Achievements. Yes, I get it, the PS3's word of "Achievement" is trophies, but once again, it does not have trophies. Only the PC Version (Bought on Steam) has achievement's, but the game has it's own way to totally replace the trophies, by putting medals right in the menu. There are medals for clearing levels with/without practice mode, jumping 999 times and reaching 500 attempts without quitting. It replaces the trophies so god damn well.

Rating. Just by playing this game you can see how much FlukeDude (Sorry, I really don't know who did this game, just the company) worked on this game. Also, I think it's good for those want to do a "Sanity-endurance Challenge", because it's a fact that after 100 attempts, you are going insane. 9.5/10, would play again. A must-play for hardcore gamers.

I think this ended up better than my Minecraft review, what do you guys think? Once again, I am totally open for sugestions and tips to get better.

Edited by AssassinShadow56

Decent review, but one little spelling flaw. Every time you say "As" you put it as "Has". It's quite distracting and makes it trickier to read than it should be, other than that though, great. But, anyway, I don't have the patience for that game. So major kudos to you for sticking with it. I generally avoid games that are intended to be as punishing as possible.

• Like 1

Decent review, but one little spelling flaw. Every time you say "As" you put it as "Has". It's quite distracting and makes it trickier to read than it should be, other than that though, great. But, anyway, I don't have the patience for that game. So major kudos to you for sticking with it. I generally avoid games that are intended to be as punishing as possible.

Yeah, one of the big flaws when I started learning english... and I am a very patient person while playing games (unless It's multiplayer). Still a very good experience.

If you're open to constructive criticism, I should say that the problem is that all you did here was just describing where the game comes from, what it is about and then saying that the soundtrack is good, which indeed is, that's pretty much it. Honestly you should focus much more on analyzing the game itself and giving your opinions on why should the reader buy it or not in a deeper way. This wouldn't have helped anybody on whether they should buy the game or not, it seemed more like a small introduction of it to anyone who has never heard about it, and that's all.  I know this game doesn't really have much depth, but this review should be longer, much longer. Analyze it in every single possible way you can. 

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

If you're open to constructive criticism, I should say that the problem is that all you did here was just describing where the game comes from, what it is about and then saying that the soundtrack is good, which indeed is, that's pretty much it. Honestly you should focus much more on analyzing the game itself and giving your opinions on why should the reader buy it or not in a deeper way. This wouldn't have helped anybody on whether they should buy the game or not, it seemed more like a small introduction of it to anyone who has never heard about it, and that's all.  I know this game doesn't really have much depth, but this review should be longer, much longer. Analyze it in every single possible way you can. 

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, sometimes I forget the main point of a review, ending up pretty badly. I will try to get better at these points, but still, I can't guarantee anything. Also, a game that only custs 2$, I really think it's worth it :P

- Has, not As ;)

- Then FlukeDude (name of the creator's.... company????) - always use Google.

- I understand its hard to review a small game like this, but analyze it. Are the controls good? Is it challenging but still fun.

All i can think of right now, and some grammar could be fixed around ;)

- Has, not As ;)

- Then FlukeDude (name of the creator's.... company????) - always use Google.

- I understand its hard to review a small game like this, but analyze it. Are the controls good? Is it challenging but still fun.

All i can think of right now, and some grammar could be fixed around ;)

Grammar - working on it.

Yeah, I lack rational thinking, especially during making reviews.

The Controls were pretty much said, you can only jump, and not jump. Yeah, very challenging but still fun.

"All i can think of right now(...)" you forgot that in english it's not "i", it's "I", some grammar being fixed, :D

• Like 1