Ratchet and Clank Review (my first)

The Chosen Undead

So a little while ago, I Platted ratchet and Clank as part of the HD Collection. This is my review for the game. Critiques are welcome!

Graphics: The graphics in the HD version of this game are astounding for a PS2 game. It rarely occurred to me while playing that this is a gussied-up version of a last-gen game. Aside from some understandable scattered muddiness that comes from upscaling, that game looks great all around. graphics gets a 9.5 out of 10

Sound: The sound design is great, though there are some odd-sounding enemy noises, and some various hiccups that affected the later levels. Sound gets a 7.5 out of 10

Entertainment: Wholly entertaining, this game is easily one of the better games I've played, even rising above some current-gen games. In-game levels are varied and entertaining, and chock-full of content and well-hidden secrets. Brilliant puzzles and an array of challenges await players, as well. Entertainment gets a 10 out of 10

Playability: Slick controls(outside of an odd choice for firing weapons) make for a game almost anyone can pick up and play. The controls never faltered a bit during my(admittedly short) time with the game. The game was also quite easy(except for one notable spike), which may or may not be a good thing. Playability gets an 8.5 out of 10

Issues: The issues I found in the game are mostly listed above, but I will reiterate them here for posterity or something:  There is some general muddiness in the usually-crisp graphics, some soundtracks have hiccups and slowdown in them, Some odd control choices, and the game is far too easy, except for the final boss, which took me nearly 2 hours to beat. :angry:. The game is also far too short for its own good. I was just getting into the groove of the game when it ended.

Score: I give this game a 9 out of 10. Note that this score is an overall impression and not an average of the separate above scores.

So what did you think? Did you see anything I did wrong? Feel free to let me know, and I'll learn from it. Also, take a look at my game list. I'd love it if you could recommend a game for me to review next!  :happy:

Bye!  :wave: :wave: :wave:

Edited by MrSwagtwiceover
  • Like 1

You don't really explain what the game is about, gameplay and story-wise. Only people who have played the game would understand exactly what you mean. There're also a few things you should mention, like the pre rendered cut scenes not being upgraded etc

:)

• Like 4

Like Scotty said, it seems pretty generic. Talk about your own experiences and make this thing personal. Talk about the unique weapons you loved or how you morphed enemies into chickens too much on the game, got chicken-related nightmares because of it, and can't eat at KFC anymore. - Wait, that was just me? Shhht...

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

• 2 years later...

Guys, sorry for bringing this old thread up again. Is this Ratchet and Clank the same with the remake Ratchet and Clank released for the PS4?

This game is the PS2 version with HD graphics and the same gameplay. The PS4 game is a remake based on the film which is based on the same PS2 game, but is an entirely different game altogether.

In short, it's not the same game.

• Like 1