My Playstation 4's storage is full already

SoIidWoIf

Hey guys, waiting for my white ps4 to come this 9-9-14. Sadly its still a 500gb HDD. Thinking about getting a bigger HDD and throwing it in immediately than wait for later to transfer saves and everything. Remember transfer data with PS3 took a whole day! Don't want to go thru that again. Rather than making a new topic suppose I ask it here! ^_^

Anyone already changed their drive to maybe a 1TB, 1.5TB, or even 2TB and which one using?

I went for a Seagate 1TB hybrid drive as I knew 500GB seemed a bit small.  Double the storage with better response for a reasonable price point.

Swapped it out the day I got my PS4 so can't compare load times etc.

For the OP, you've not got much choice other than to delete and re-download later.  Installs from disk take such a short time with this console though so there's that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, waiting for my white ps4 to come this 9-9-14. Sadly its still a 500gb HDD. Thinking about getting a bigger HDD and throwing it in immediately than wait for later to transfer saves and everything. Remember transfer data with PS3 took a whole day! Don't want to go thru that again. Rather than making a new topic suppose I ask it here! ^_^

Anyone already changed their drive to maybe a 1TB, 1.5TB, or even 2TB and which one using?

I went with this one. Heard a lot of good things and seen a few people put them in their ps4s from amazon. I put it in right after I bought my 4 so I couldn't tell you if it improved load times or anything but it is quiet and works perfectly. Honestly Sony made it extremely easy to change and upgrade the drives. literally a screw copy a file plug new one in and update took 15mins. Copy and paste into amazon if interested. 

HGST Travelstar 5K1500 1.5TB 2.5-Inch Mobile 5400 RPM 9.5mm Internal Bare Hard Disk Drive 0J28001

::UPDATE:: Just checked that drive on amazon and they want double what I paid for it not even 8 months ago. There are probably better options now anyway. I would highly recommend a bigger drive though. 

Edited by H0RxHAY

Bought a 1TB together with my ps4.

Thats what everyone should do or a 1.5TB.

500gb is nothing you will fill that with just ps+ games

I dont mind full installs cause it saves your disk reader.

the most common problem i noticed among friends their ps3's was pretty much always a broken disk reader

What i want is being able to play video from usb,hate having to switch to my ps3 all the time.

I went with this one. Heard a lot of good things and seen a few people put them in their ps4s from amazon. I put it in right after I bought my 4 so I couldn't tell you if it improved load times or anything but it is quiet and works perfectly. Honestly Sony made it extremely easy to change and upgrade the drives. literally a screw copy a file plug new one in and update took 15mins. Copy and paste into amazon if interested. 

HGST Travelstar 5K1500 1.5TB 2.5-Inch Mobile 5400 RPM 9.5mm Internal Bare Hard Disk Drive 0J28001

::UPDATE:: Just checked that drive on amazon and they want double what I paid for it not even 8 months ago. There are probably better options now anyway. I would highly recommend a bigger drive though. 

yeah HDD been rising, just my luck. but o well, got a salary raised..... also looking into SSD atm

wish this would work