Looking to buy a new Desktop computer

Nightstream88

Kind of want to get a new computer soon. and want to know if this computer is any good

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HYAL95E/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I don't really plan on going into heavily PC gaming, but might buy some older titles. Newest title I might want to play is StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty. Otherwise I think most of the titles I have in mind are older. Otherwise Id rather primarily use it for internet. And burning music CDsand maybe watching dvd movies as well. Plus I didn't really want to spend too much on it either, so I currently am considering on getting that one just not sure if it is any good or not.  

Why not build one? It'll be cheaper and a lot more reliable for you.  This is the kind of PC I use in at work and they are literally just the same as laptops for specs.  As far as I'm aware, the graphics card is basically just one of those attached to the motherboard deals so they aren't great for any gaming really, except old stuff like you have mentioned.

You may be in the US, but you could use this Casual Gaming PC Configurator to figure out which parts would suit your needs.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

You wouldnt be able to play a lot with that definately not Starcraft at least since it has an integrated graphics card, just build one yourself, if you dont know how or to lazy to learn there are plenty of sites (like above) that allow you to choose every component and they build it for you. I would recommend something but you never mentioned a budget.

Well, price range I was aiming for around $600 or less.  As for building a computer I don't know much about that. As one of the other games I wanted to play was Advent Rising. As for PC games, I didn't plan on getting too much into since I mostly use Consoles and Handhelds. Or should I look at some of the ones from ibuypower?

And if I do get that one I wonder if this Monitor would work with it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H7PBSN4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Edited by Nightstream88

Well, price range I was aiming for around $600 or less.  As for building a computer I don't know much about that. As one of the other games I wanted to play was Advent Rising. As for PC games, I didn't plan on getting too much into since I mostly use Consoles and Handhelds. Or should I look at some of the ones from ibuypower?

And if I do get that one I wonder if this Monitor would work with it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H7PBSN4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

So long as the graphics card has those ports and supports that resolution, it should work.

Think I might take my chances and buy that computer, now not sure if I should get the Warranty for it or not? Still kind of indecisive on what kind of Monitor to buy.

Im sure it probably will run better then what my laptop is doing anyway.

No, trust me, these things run the exact same as laptops, it won't run any better at all.  My co-worker has basically just told me these are the same as low-end budget laptops.  You should always get warrantly if you are buying new, but if you are wanting this for the hopes it be better than your current laptop, you may want to up your budget a bit as $600 isn't going to get you much of a PC when you're maybe counting in buying a monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc.

Unless your spending over $1k most pre-built PC's won't be too good for gaming, best to build it yourself as you will be able to get better components for the same price. You should be able to get an i7, 8GB of ram, decent(ish) GPU for $600. Its not too difficult as long as you have a bit of patience when fitting it together as some of the connectors can be tiny, usually the motherboard comes with documents that explain where everything goes. I've just recently built myself one, ended up taking about a day to build it, and install Windows (though I'm fussy about cabling).

Well, now to figure how I would buy it since my debit card wont let me purchase it since it is over $500.

Thats easy, buy an Amazon Gift card, add it to your account, and just wait a day or two and pay the difference with your card.

Debit cards: Know the struggle.

• 4 weeks later...