Sleeping Dogs for Ps4

Okay, a litte update,just to clearify,for does that doesn't know.

Sleeping Dogs Remastered.

It's a shinier version of the Ps3, 360 and PC.

You will get 1080P, I dont think 60 FPS is announced, but I'm pretty sure it's 60 FPS..

In the Remaster they will also have upgraded audio.

And lastly, all 24 DLC-packs is including in the Remastered.

The 60$ price tag was leaked, it isn't announced, but it will probably be 60$ wich is kind of a turn of for the majority of the people including me. :P

I really have a hard time figuring out why the PC needs this remastered version..

I have this on my PS3 from plus but have yet to play it. I may grab it for the PS4 instead as I am a huge fan of open world games! Plus I only heard good things about it! Its a shame to see so many people whining and complaining about all these remasters yet I see jubilation and elation from these same people when one of the games they are a fan of "releases a remaster". Seriously TLoU came out a little over a year ago and was remastered and it was the greatest thing since sliced bread according to many. Same thing with the Kingdom Hearts games. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but alot of these comments sound hypocritical. I want new games as much as the next guy/girl does but they take time to DEVELOP. For a studio to remaster a game, does not require a ton of effort from a development standpoint, but what it does do is allow for an additional revenue stream to support NEW games that they are working on. Video games are not free to develop and great games take TIME. Rule #1 of business is to MAKE MONEY! Alot of these studios are going to remaster their best sellers to appeal to new audiences brought on by the PS4. Keep calm fellow gamers the great games are coming soon! 

Go buy it for your PS3 then.

I feel you're missing the point i'm trying to make. If, let's say EA decides to rerelease Dragon Age Origins onto the ps4, we'd have to wait at least half a year longer for Dragon Age Inquisition, for reasons of production time as well as marketing. The fact that Sleeping Dogs is getting a remaster just proves that there is no Sleeping Dogs 2 in development, which, in my opinion would benefit both the console and us customers a lot more than a remaster. To me, next-gen should be more than just a better version of last gen, but a step forward and that is why i'm concerned about the flood of remakes.

I feel you're missing the point i'm trying to make. If, let's say EA decides to rerelease Dragon Age Origins onto the ps4, we'd have to wait at least half a year longer for Dragon Age Inquisition, for reasons of production time as well as marketing. The fact that Sleeping Dogs is getting a remaster just proves that there is no Sleeping Dogs 2 in development, which, in my opinion would benefit both the console and us customers a lot more than a remaster. To me, next-gen should be more than just a better version of last gen, but a step forward and that is why i'm concerned about the flood of remakes.

Generally, HD remasters aren't done by the original developer, but rather, a third-party developer.  United Front Games, the guys behind Sleeping Dogs, helped port Tomb Raider to the Xbox One, while Crystal Dynamics worked on the then-unannounced Rise of the Tomb Raider.  Furthermore, these HD remasters are generally used by publishers to gauge interest in a potential sequel, especially with a game like Sleeping Dogs, which was a bit of a commercial bust.  If lots of people decide to buy Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, odds are they'd be interested in a Sleeping Dogs 2.

Even the version of Dragon Age: Origins you're playing was ported by a third party studio.

Generally, HD remasters aren't done by the original developer, but rather, a third-party developer.  United Front Games, the guys behind Sleeping Dogs, helped port Tomb Raider to the Xbox One, while Crystal Dynamics worked on the then-unannounced Rise of the Tomb Raider.  Furthermore, these HD remasters are generally used by publishers to gauge interest in a potential sequel, especially with a game like Sleeping Dogs, which was a bit of a commercial bust.  If lots of people decide to buy Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition, odds are they'd be interested in a Sleeping Dogs 2.

Even the version of Dragon Age: Origins you're playing was ported by a third party studio.

Good point. I guess i'll just have to wait and see.

I for one won't be getting this or any remaster unless the game is one I would consider to be a masterpiece. Most games I would only play one play through anyway but would double dip if I felt the need.

I'd prefer Sleeping Dogs 2

Edited by LimelightBoy