How could I have been so blind?

ille1234

Why, oh why did I neglect this game?

When it first released I wasn't interested in it at all. I just thought it would be another RPG that takes up hundreds of hours of your life and the majority of those hours are spent just running around picking flowers for villagers. Boy, was I wrong.

This game has it all, dragons, trolls, elves, orcs, everything I want in a game. You can customize your character in a million ways to make it as unique as you whish. Only your imagination sets the limits.

The time just flies as I'm running around and finding new enemies to fight all the time, and everytime I beat an enemy I'm eager to see what he might have been carrying around with him. It's never the same. This diversity in the game makes things like walking around, talking to people and killing various wild animals along the way to a quest so much fun. Something that always makes me want to go grab a noose when playing so many other games out there.

The mere fact that there are so many classes to choose from, and so many paths to go makes every step you take in the game different from the previous one, and every single step is a blast to take.

If you ever doubt this game for any reason what so ever, I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about. This game is so original and it does everything so extremely good that there is no way you cannot enjoy it, at least some parts of it.

This is definatelly one for the book, and I can see myself playing this many hours to come.

And to Bethesta, I'm sorry for being so judgemental about this game, I can assure you that it will never happen again.

• Like 1

no... i think your initial reaction to the game was correct, lol...

Its a beefy... beautiful... gigantic... elaborate... well-put-together concept for sure... but when i read your first few sentences i feel like you described my experience of the game perfectly, lol...

Im sure i will go back to Glitchrim sooner or later but its not on my top priorities :)

(I might get some hate mail for this... but i just feel like the game is over rated)

no... i think your initial reaction to the game was correct, lol...

Its a beefy... beautiful... gigantic... elaborate... well-put-together concept for sure... but when i read your first few sentences i feel like you described my experience of the game perfectly, lol...

Im sure i will go back to Glitchrim sooner or later but its not on my top priorities :)

(I might get some hate mail for this... but i just feel like the game is over rated)

Well, I haven't tried it out for PS3 yet, perhaps it's way more glitchy there. I've only played it on PC, and I haven't experienced a single bug so far :P

Well, I haven't tried it out for PS3 yet, perhaps it's way more glitchy there. I've only played it on PC, and I haven't experienced a single bug so far :P

ahh... well no wonder :)

PC is the only way to play games like Skyrim...

but i still feel like the game was just a tad bit over-hyped by everyone in the whole world... i enjoyed dying 200 times in Dark Souls more than the first 10 hours of gameplay in Skyrim... but thats just me, lol...

and like i said before... i will get to finishing it eventually but its just not on my top priority list

ahh... well no wonder :)

PC is the only way to play games like Skyrim...

but i still feel like the game was just a tad bit over-hyped by everyone in the whole world... i enjoyed dying 200 times in Dark Souls more than the first 10 hours of gameplay in Skyrim... but thats just me, lol...

and like i said before... i will get to finishing it eventually but its just not on my top priority list

Well, not everyone's alike I guess. Thank god for that :D

Welcome to the Brotherhood of SKYRIM ille.

I for one absolutely LOVE this game, and consider it one of my favorites hands down! Like many of Bethesda's games, there either seems to be great love for them, or people hate them, no real in-between.

Some find the game tedious and a little long-in-the-tooth, but I have always enjoyed these massive open-world games. There can be periods of time where things move a little slow, and I think that puts a lot of gamers off. There isn't mind-numbing explosions or gun-fire every 30 seconds.

But as you said, to each their own, we all have different tastes and likes.

As for me, I agree with ya' 100%!

• Like 1

Welcome to the Brotherhood of SKYRIM ille.

I for one absolutely LOVE this game, and consider it one of my favorites hands down! Like many of Bethesda's games, there either seems to be great love for them, or people hate them, no real in-between.

I'm actually in-between. The gameplay has been improved from that of Oblivion (albeit not that much), the game looks gorgeous and there's a lot of crap to do and you may lose 50 hours in this game without even noticing it, but the amount of frame-rate issues and the possibility of having many quests broken makes me doubt it should be praised. Sure, it's fun and entertaining, but Bethesda once again proves they don't care about polishing their games lol.

Luckily for me, I've had no quest 'break', but I do suffer from a lot of frame-rate issues and more than once it freezes (and not when auto-saving).