Ratchet and Clank (PS4) Discussion

DanielVT

I would but I don't own it anymore (traded it in but I could get the digital version if I felt like it) and at the moment I'm more into PC gaming (currently Tree of Savior) so the consoles (all 3: PS3, PS4 & PSTV) are currently collecting dust.

Tbh the current gen of consoles has me inclined to go PC again, sub-par quality games with ridiculous prices is starting to grate.   Rarely buy a new game any more, even stopped picking up indies because I was seeing a lot of the games I owned on the Plus every month.   That said my machine isn't fit for gaming, and it's been a long, long time since I gave up PC gaming for the convenience of a console, think the last PC game I played was Heretic!!  O.o  Lol

I'm actually getting Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness Collector's Edition (pre-order, $128.50 tax+shipping) through the Square Enix Store (release date is June 28th, 2016) which will be my only PS4 game I will be getting soon and then in September Final Fantasy XV Deluxe Edition again through Square Enix Store but haven't pre-ordered yet.

I come and go between systems and I play whatever interests me.

I'm actually getting Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness Collector's Edition (pre-order, $128.50 tax+shipping) through the Square Enix Store (release date is June 28th, 2016) which will be my only PS4 game I will be getting soon and then in September Final Fantasy XV Deluxe Edition again through Square Enix Store but haven't pre-ordered yet.

I come and go between systems and I play whatever interests me.

I'm a SO & FF fan myself, I hope they're both good, but I'll wait and read the reviews first.   Too many games with more time spent marketing them as opposed to polishing them nowadays I think, most recently Homefront as an example, apparently, haven't played it, and I'm not inclined to after reading it's reviews.   SO & FF are usually quality though, to some degree anyway.   Happy about FFVII but I'd like to see a XII remaster and maybe Till the End of Time, which is my fav SO game.  Good luck.  :)

Like I said there is no content missing, it only takes Ratchet & Clank (the original on PS2) as a base and builds it up from scratch, it is really wrong and inaccurate to call it half a game when it is a full game. A good deal of the content isn't original, I really don't see how you can say that most of it is original when it really isn't.

Don't want to argue for he hell of it, but the PS4 version was so short it was insulting. Finished it in 4 days of hardly playing it. Way too easy, and as a real comparison, I bought the ratchet and clank trilogy for PS3 and vita for £10, with seperate trophy lists for each format.

It's taken me along time on both systems to get to 'saving ratchets planet' level, and I can confirm that there is LOADS of levels more in the PS3 & vita versions compared to the ps4 version. And that's just from the first ratchet and clank episode. Haven't even started 2&3 yet.

I would also call it half a game, and thank god I bought it for £30 instead of £45, and got a trade in of £20 so the short game only really cost me £10

Short, fun, but definitely way too short and lacking loads of the original content and humour of the original

The HD collection is well worth playing, I loved replaying all the games again, and yeah my PS3 is gathering dust too, but I'd recommend going back to it and playing them, great games!

It's a good game Shaun, not knocking that, just wished it'd covered a lot more of the old content.   I missed Orxon, Helga, the shady salesman etc...  It is what it is, but I've been curious of some of the decisions Insomniac have been making since way back to Resistance 3, which was a solid game, but would have been better off as a spin-off, Capellis story or something, rather than the poor ending (imo) to another franchise I loved.

I hope they make more Ratchet too, but if they're going to somewhat follow the original stories I really hope they don't continue to cut huge swathes of the content.   Still, can't say I didn't enjoy the new game!  :P

Totally agree, they cut far too much content.. Edited by TheMightyImp2
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...