Can't choose difficulty.

Floriiss

Hi guys, so I've completed the story on easy, after that new game + is unlocked with every difficulty. However I'm trying to go for a new game + play trough but I can only choose the difficulty easy. Why am I not able to choose survivor now?  -_-

Only Easy+ should be unlock. To play it on a harder difficulty you'll need to glitch it.

Play up until you get control of Joel 20 years later on Easy+, then save and quit. Go to Chapter Select, select Hometown, and choose Grounded (Or Survivor, if you don't plan on doing the DLC)

You should now be playing on Survivor+/Grounded+.

• Like 2

Hi guys, so I've completed the story on easy, after that new game + is unlocked with every difficulty. However I'm trying to go for a new game + play trough but I can only choose the difficulty easy. Why am I not able to choose survivor now?  -_-

You can't do NG+ on a higher difficulty than your original playthrough, i know from experience.

• Like 1

Only Easy+ should be unlock. To play it on a harder difficulty you'll need to glitch it.

Play up until you get control of Joel 20 years later on Easy+, then save and quit. Go to Chapter Select, select Hometown, and choose Grounded (Or Survivor, if you don't plan on doing the DLC)

Thanks for the info :), a little question though, Im planning on buying the Grounded DLC, but buying the DLC will it give me another difficulty (grounded?) Or has grounded mode nothing to do with the campaign? If you complete grounded mode + do all other trophies stack too? 

Thanks for the info :), a little question though, Im planning on buying the Grounded DLC, but buying the DLC will it give me another difficulty (grounded?) Or has grounded mode nothing to do with the campaign? If you complete grounded mode + do all other trophies stack too? 

Grounded is a new difficulty mode. All it really adds to Survivor is no HUD (So you can't see your health), less resources, and enemies hit a little harder.

If you glitch and go straight to Grounded+ after Easy, every difficulty trophy stacks and will pop at the same time, so you may as well skip Survivor and go straight to Grounded if you plan on doing it anyway.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

If you go from easy to grounded + , all the other difficulty trophies will pop

• Like 1

Grounded is a new difficulty mode. All it really adds to Survivor is no HUD (So you can't see your health), less resources, and enemies hit a little harder.

If you glitch and go straight to Grounded+ after Easy, every difficulty trophy stacks and will pop at the same time, so you may as well skip Survivor and go straight to Grounded if you plan on doing it anyway.

Good luck :)

If you go from easy to grounded + , all the other difficulty trophies will pop

Thanks for the fast replies =), pretty awesome if I complete it I'll earn 9 trophies at the same time :o (normal, hard, survivor, easy+,normal+,hard+,survivor+,grounded,grounded+)

If you're going straight from easy to grounded, you're going to get your ass kicked. Be ready for that.

Bring. It. On. :D

Thanks for the fast replies =), pretty awesome if I complete it I'll earn 9 trophies at the same time :o (normal, hard, survivor, easy+,normal+,hard+,survivor+,grounded,grounded+)

Bring. It. On. :D

You'll have to (most likely) do a third one on easy + though for all the collectibles and upgrades! Keep your easy and grounded + savefile seperate

Edited by Rubieno

You'll have to (most likely) do a third one on easy + though for all the collectibles and upgrades! Keep your easy and grounded + savefile seperate

Already got all collectibles. I'll keep my saves separate for sure. Last time I accidentally started a new game, and saved over my completed game so I lost everything.

Edited by Floriiss

• 2 months later...

If I do the glitch will the Grounded+ still it act as a NG+ for easy. Like, will I keep the weapons I upgraded from Easy in Survivor+?

If I do the glitch will the Grounded+ still it act as a NG+ for easy. Like, will I keep the weapons I upgraded from Easy in Survivor+?

It has been a while, but yes I believe the weapons from Survivor+ carry over. Even if they don't, the Easy upgrades will carry over to NG+.

Other than upgrades carrying over, it will be Grounded+, which means enemies will still hit hard and you'll have no HUD.