What do you think of the game?

The Chosen Undead

I was thinking about getting this after I'm done with DiRT 3, but I was wondering what the general opinion of it is in comparison to DiRT 3, seeing as it has about 45,000 less owners, along with the addition of demolition derby and the apparent removal of rally and almost all offroad selections in the game.

So, to reiterate:  What do you think of DiRT Showdown in comparison to DiRT 3? Is it better or worse? Or is it even worth the $25 I'd spend on it? Keep in mind that I'm a big rally fan thanks to DiRT 3 and I love that game.

Sorry if it's hard to understand my writing -- I'm tired right now :/

You can't really compare it to Dirt 3 as its a spin off focusing on more fun type events. There is no rallying in it what so ever.

I loved Dirt 2 and 3 but I really did enjoy Showdown as well so I would recommend getting it. On the plus side its also an easy platinum, I plan on writing a guide for it soon.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I have mixed feelings about this game. I had heard that it should have been a DLC for Dirt3 so my expectations were low, when I finally got it I was disappointed with the dumbed down physics and handling, but as I kept playing I liked it more and more, until finally the 'free drive' modes or however they are called where you do all the missions and collectibles got me and I started loving this game. I say it's a great grab for 5 to 10 bucks.

• 3 years later...

I am pretty sure no one will see this, but just in case…

I thought I hated this game so much. I had played in on the Xbox 360, long before I got my PS3 and jumped on the PS bandwagon. Only now, as the PS4 is end-of-life and the PS3 long forgotten, I picked up a copy of Dirt: Showdown for my PS3 for like 3 bucks. And you know what? I love it! I really do. I was feeling nostalgic for the general mood & graphics of Dirt 2 and the Destruction Derby mode in Racedriver: Grid, and ended up loving Dirt: Showdown as a result, as this is basically it’s lovebaby turned up to 11. So many fun & whacky variations on DD, really well done. 

If you loved Wreckfest and/or DD in Grid and liked the whole Dirt 2 look & feel, plus arcade-style physics like Need for speed, you might really like Dirt: Showdown. Just don’t expect rally, there is none. I like it better than I did later Dirt games, that’s for sure. Hell, even Gymkhana is improved and a lot more forgiving. 

• Like 1