Last.fm

Juzota

I couldn't find topic for this, so I'm asking if anyone else here is using last.fm? Basically what does it do, it keep tracks about the music you are listening.

If you like to talk about music and stuff, feel free to add me as your friends. Just let me know you're from PSNProfiles, because I usually just delete random friend requests.

My profile: http://www.last.fm/user/Joizo

• Like 3

Last FM is easily one of my favorite sites. I've honestly lost count of just how many amazing bands I've discovered on there.

Here's my "Paste Your Taste" link if anyone wants to add me. B)

I'm into rock, post-hardcore, pop punk, alternative and screamo, including:
This Romantic Tragedy, A Skylit Drive, Escape the Fate, A Day to Remember, Alter Bridge, Three Days Grace, Silverstein, Breaking Benjamin, Black Veil Brides, FM Static, Not tonight Josephine, Mayday Parade, Alesana, Skillet, Woe, Is Me, Yellowcard, Papa Roach, More Than A Thousand, Paramore, Armor for Sleep, Cute Is What We Aim For, Zebrahead, Killswitch Engage, Dead by April, I See Stars, Nickelback, Sleeping with Sirens, Jimmy Eat World, Hollywood Undead, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ghost Town, The Story So Far, Hinder, Saliva, Pillar, Sixx:A.M., Funeral for a Friend, Sick Puppies, Capture the Crown, Foo Fighters, All Time Low, Kiss, Shinedown, Asking Alexandria, Good Charlotte, As We Climb, Seether, Our Last Night, Handguns, Kiana.

Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/XxJamesBloodxX

Last FM is easily one of my favorite sites. I've honestly lost count of just how many amazing bands I've discovered on there.

Here's my "Paste Your Taste" link if anyone wants to add me. B)

I'm into rock, post-hardcore, pop punk, alternative and screamo, including:

This Romantic Tragedy, A Skylit Drive, Escape the Fate, A Day to Remember, Alter Bridge, Three Days Grace, Silverstein, Breaking Benjamin, Black Veil Brides, FM Static, Not tonight Josephine, Mayday Parade, Alesana, Skillet, Woe, Is Me, Yellowcard, Papa Roach, More Than A Thousand, Paramore, Armor for Sleep, Cute Is What We Aim For, Zebrahead, Killswitch Engage, Dead by April, I See Stars, Nickelback, Sleeping with Sirens, Jimmy Eat World, Hollywood Undead, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ghost Town, The Story So Far, Hinder, Saliva, Pillar, Sixx:A.M., Funeral for a Friend, Sick Puppies, Capture the Crown, Foo Fighters, All Time Low, Kiss, Shinedown, Asking Alexandria, Good Charlotte, As We Climb, Seether, Our Last Night, Handguns, Kiana.

Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/XxJamesBloodxX

See this is what I love about music, it amazes me how someone who is clearly a huge fan of All Time Low who are frankly awful can also be a fan of someone that seriously rocks like Rise Against - that is the beauty of music, each to their own!!

• Like 1

See this is what I love about music, it amazes me how someone who is clearly a huge fan of All Time Low who are frankly awful can also be a fan of someone that seriously rocks like Rise Against - that is the beauty of music, each to their own!!

Music is wonderful because everyone can like everything for their own reasons, and in the end we all share the same passionate connection to it. Personally, I don't care much for artists like Nicki MInaj, or really any rappers for that matter. That being said though, people obviously listen to that music for a reason, and I respect whatever their reasons may be. I honestly can't stand people who bash on bands and artists that they don't like. If you don't like something, simply ignore it. If you do like something, that's great. My mom and dad are big music fans, and I grew up - (and I'm 17 at the time of writing this, so I guess I sort of still am growing up) - on bands like Kiss, Ramones, Nirvana, The Clash, Green Day, Alice Cooper, Metallica, etc.

Through playing games like Fallout - (New Vegas in particular) - and Guitar Hero, I have also learned to respect and appreciate such great artists such as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, BB King, James Brown, Johnny Cash, and Jimi Hendrix; all of which were arguably far ahead of their time. Without artists like them, music most likely just wouldn't be the same today. Nirvana, The Beach Boys, The Eagles, and Kiss are all examples of bands who were largely influenced by bands like The Beatles, and those are all bands who have really helped shape the way today's Rock & Roll music sounds.

I guarantee you that every one of the bands I just listed has at least one fan who will see this thread. That's the power of music. That's the wonder of music. That's what I love about music. Be it punk rock, heavy metal, southern rock, country, rap, blues, etc., it all goes to the heart of the world. No matter who you are, or what you listen to, there is always something special waiting for you. I can't think of anything else that has ever existed which is quite as powerful as that. Sure, one could argue the same could be said about video games, movies, or books, but I feel that music is just something that has always and will always be special to the world. Even, say Neanderthals - (or just early humans if your belief is more biblical) - have included music as a largely important part of their culture and daily lives.

It's really just something so amazing and incredibly widespread that I feel no one human could ever possibly fully comprehend just how extensive and integral it has been to the birth and growth of humanity. I have this poster in my room, and I honestly couldn't agree with it more.

066912.jpg

My internet skills are 0/10, sorry dude. Maybe some mod can combine these topics or something...

Not a problem! You can lock the thread yourself by clicking the "topic moderation" button that is right beside the "Reply to Thread" button in the top right. Then just bump that other thread, and we can continue the conversation. :)

Music is wonderful because everyone can like everything for their own reasons, and in the end we all share the same passionate connection to it. Personally, I don't care much for artists like Nicki MInaj, or really any rappers for that matter. That being said though, people obviously listen to that music for a reason, and I respect whatever their reasons may be. I honestly can't stand people who bash on bands and artists that they don't like. If you don't like something, simply ignore it. If you do like something, that's great. My mom and dad are big music fans, and I grew up - (and I'm 17 at the time of writing this, so I guess I sort of still am growing up) - on bands like Kiss, Ramones, Nirvana, The Clash, Green Day, Alice Cooper, Metallica, etc.

Through playing games like Fallout - (New Vegas in particular) - and Guitar Hero, I have also learned to respect and appreciate such great artists such as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, The Beatles, BB King, James Brown, Johnny Cash, and Jimi Hendrix; all of which were arguably far ahead of their time. Without artists like them, music most likely just wouldn't be the same today. Nirvana, The Beach Boys, The Eagles, and Kiss are all examples of bands who were largely influenced by bands like The Beatles, and those are all bands who have really helped shape the way today's Rock & Roll music sounds.

I guarantee you that every one of the bands I just listed has at least one fan who will see this thread. That's the power of music. That's the wonder of music. That's what I love about music. Be it punk rock, heavy metal, southern rock, country, rap, blues, etc., it all goes to the heart of the world. No matter who you are, or what you listen to, there is always something special waiting for you. I can't think of anything else that has ever existed which is quite as powerful as that. Sure, one could argue the same could be said about video games, movies, or books, but I feel that music is just something that has always and will always be special to the world. Even, say Neanderthals - (or just early humans if your belief is more biblical) - have included music as a largely important part of their culture and daily lives.

It's really just something so amazing and incredibly widespread that I feel no one human could ever possibly fully comprehend just how extensive and integral it has been to the birth and growth of humanity. I have this poster in my room, and I honestly couldn't agree with it more.

I always think its great when the younger generations (no offence as I am only 27 myself) can appreciate this kind of music because too much of the modern shit is listened to by people because its cool or because their friends listen to it etc!! I appreciate the majority of what you said barring one exception to my personal rule - ELVIS!!! Cant stand the guy or anything about him, he was an average instrumentalist, average singer and only actually wrote 2 of the songs that you hear today so where he is concerned I cannot buy into the hype!! Not a big fan of people like Sinatra or Cash but I understand why people like it, Elvis I don't! I was personally brought up on 2 things, Queen which was my dads diet that I loved and Motown which was my mums and I hated every second of it lol. I cant imagine life without music I just wish rock and roll was more a part of the current scene as youngsters don't get it and don't understand what they are missing!!

• Like 1

Not a problem! You can lock the thread yourself by clicking the "topic moderation" button that is right beside the "Reply to Thread" button in the top right. Then just bump that other thread, and we can continue the conversation. :)

I can't find the topic moderation button. Is that a premium thing or am I just an idiot?