Any General Tips?

Muff

Well, been back and forth on buying this....but thanks to a bet, and a few BS plays in the superbowl, now i HAVE to plat this and 13-2. Ive got a checklist already for that item trophy (or whatever it is.....yes, i know very little lol), but if anyone has some general tips id appreciate it

....also on a side note: i dont care about grinding, ive put 226+ hours into Star Ocean 4, and im only halfway to plat trophy-wise, but thats like a scratch on the time itll take, so i can deal if itll take awhile :D

Here are some tips...

1. Enjoy the story and the beautiful backdrops.

2. Study the battle system and have fun mixing and matching the different roles.

3. Hunt for every treasure orb in every map... the maps are very linear so it shouldn't be hard... but you want to make sure you get every item (the checklist will help because it should have the location as well right?)...

4. Once you get to Grand Pulse you should start working on the "marks" and leveling up your Crystalarium. Don't worry about ALL the marks right away because you will need to do some stuff before you kill all the marks...

5. Start grinding for Platinum Ingots from the Adamantoise.... Use the Death Spam (look online for a youtube video on this)... you will want to get a ton of Platinum Ingots to sell for Gil

6. Pull your hair out from the frustration of grinding...

7. Don't worry about getting a 5 star rating on every mark because after you have completed mark #64 you will get a gold watch that will give you twice as much time needed to get a 5 star rank and it makes it a lot easier.

8. Clean-up everything and start doing some upgrading on weapons and items/accessories.

9. after 150 hours if you don't have the platinum... you are doing it wrong, LOL!!!

10.... Just kidding about #9.... But not really...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The one last thing I'd say to add on to the previous list is don't sell accessories/weapons because there are a few that you can't get a again....I kept one of everything till the end so just in case I messed up somewhere I knew what I had or didn't have....you'd hate to have to go back and start all over just for one trophy....

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some tips...

1. Enjoy the story and the beautiful backdrops.

2. Study the battle system and have fun mixing and matching the different roles.

3. Hunt for every treasure orb in every map... the maps are very linear so it shouldn't be hard... but you want to make sure you get every item (the checklist will help because it should have the location as well right?)...

4. Once you get to Grand Pulse you should start working on the "marks" and leveling up your Crystalarium. Don't worry about ALL the marks right away because you will need to do some stuff before you kill all the marks...

5. Start grinding for Platinum Ingots from the Adamantoise.... Use the Death Spam (look online for a youtube video on this)... you will want to get a ton of Platinum Ingots to sell for Gil

6. Pull your hair out from the frustration of grinding...

7. Don't worry about getting a 5 star rating on every mark because after you have completed mark #64 you will get a gold watch that will give you twice as much time needed to get a 5 star rank and it makes it a lot easier.

8. Clean-up everything and start doing some upgrading on weapons and items/accessories.

9. after 150 hours if you don't have the platinum... you are doing it wrong, LOL!!!

10.... Just kidding about #9.... But not really...

11. Don't get dead!