Just a question about platinum editions...

SIDEWINDER_21X

I was just wondering whether there is actually any difference between a game's original edition and it's platinum edition. Does the platinum edition include anything extra, such as all the updates/patches? Or is it exactly the same thing, just in cheap and horrible looking packaging?

This is a question that I've not known the answer to for a while now so please enlighten me :)

I was just wondering whether there is actually any difference between a game's original edition and it's platinum edition. Does the platinum edition include anything extra, such as all the updates/patches? Or is it exactly the same thing, just in cheap and horrible looking packaging?

This is a question that I've not known the answer to for a while now so please enlighten me :)

platinum editions (europe) are the same thing as greatest hits editions in US. its just the normal game with a horible box that has a cheaper price than usual.

While mostly they are just the same game but in different coloured packaging, there are a few exceptions.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles is called Complete Edition and has the South Central DLC on the disc.

Mafia II has all the DLC on the disc (3 story packs and 4 style packs) and might be listed as "Director's Cut" but this is not on the packaging.

I can confirm both of those are true because I have them both. There may be more exceptions, but I cannot confirm that.

• Like 1

While mostly they are just the same game but in different coloured packaging, there are a few exceptions.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles is called Complete Edition and has the South Central DLC on the disc.

Mafia II has all the DLC on the disc (3 story packs and 4 style packs) and might be listed as "Director's Cut" but this is not on the packaging.

I can confirm both of those are true because I have them both. There may be more exceptions, but I cannot confirm that.

Best answer so far^^^.

However, you just have to read the box/case. If it's gonna offer something extra, it will be promoted somewhere on the case. Nevertheless, the Platinum or Greatest Hits case usually is to give a "Great seller" a stand-out status, it lets you know what the popular games are (or were).

EDIT: This is the post of the beast...number 666

I know some greatest hits versions do have the latest patch on the disc so you won't have to update 3 or 4 times before you actually play, but the versions of games the have DLC are generally the "Game of the Year Edition" which should state the DLC they have.

Parker

• Like 1

i third what my ol' buddy psxtreme and jimmy page said.

despite the difference in colored boxes,...er, boxes of color (?), ahem - the platinum collection games and greatest hits versions may include all the available dlc of that game on the disk.

see ass creed: brotherhood, and even the demon's souls north american greatest hits came with the free soundtrack.

it may worth in some instances overlooking the cosmetic differences of the plastic box they come packaged in for the content.

to each his own, i suppose.

eh, i thought the number of the anti-christ was = to Fred Phelp's phone number?

Or is it the number of off-shore bank accounts Mssr. Romney has tucked away for a rainy day or economic meltdown?