Has The Online Servers Been Shut Down?

JONNY-1992-_-

I couldn't connect to the online servers last night and from what I read on the Test Drive Unlimited 2 Facebook page, everyone else is having the same problem. It seems like this has been the case since the 1st September and if that is true, then it doesn't look too good for the servers to be open again soon, unless someone has any information about this? :hmm:

Don't they have to give an official announcement of the closure atleast 30 days before they close?

EA have that policy. Not sure about other companies though. I'm guessing it's up to the individual companies themselves how much notice they give, and like madbuk stated above, Ghostbusters servers were shut down without warning and that game was published by Atari too.

I don't think that's right to shut down the online servers for any game without an announcement to let it's players know.

I don't know if there's any legal reasons to do so, but a dick move anyhow. But hasn't TDU2 been dying for like years already? Only a matter of time when it went totally under. But yeah, Eden (developer) was killed off in 2011 IIRC, and Atari (publisher) has also declared bankruptcy, so yeah...

I'm happy to admit that I was wrong! Test Drive Unlimited 2 is back online, at least on PS3, I can't comment on PC or Xbox 360 and don't really care lol. Atari could have at least provided an explanation as to why the online servers were down for a whole month. Anyways, it was good to see many people online.