My Playstation 4 will not turn on.

Labdota

Title was suppose to say will not power on. Reckon it is fubared? Will have to wait a week as im out of the country.

Cheers.

I wouldn't chance it. If my PS4 has a problem like that and it is under warranty I'm sending it in. I'd rather be without it for a week or two than ignore the issue, have it break down out of warranty and then have to shell out another $400 for a new console. I'm a cheap bastard though.  :lol:

Parker

Yeah, I've had that happen too, where I swear I've turned it off properly and it says I haven't. I imagine it's because I might have switched the power off at the powerpoint before it finished shutting down (the monitor tends to be blank while it's doing this before I see the Standby Mode message potting around the screen, at which point the PS4 is definitely off).

But then, I don't know of you guys switch off the powerpoint after using it, and whether it's actually a PS4 issue.

I'm sorry but what?

Is your PS4 upside down?

I'm sorry. I meant the eject button wraps around the bottom front.

Yes, you can eject your games from underneath your ps4. It can also make contact with whatever it sits on.

Do a search. It worked for me.

Edited by BarneyBadAss

Yes, you can eject your games from underneath your ps4. It can also make contact with whatever it sits on.

Do a search. It worked for me.

Theres still a 4.7mm recess, and theres actually a rubber foot just behind it keeping it from making contact.

Maybe if it was on carpet or something I could see it. But theres a bigger problem with that answer.

@A12621A

I thought the same thing too. I had my ps4 located on top of my entertainment center. Flat as can be.

When I first got my ps4 it worked without any problems. Then after a couple of weeks I would get the same error as the OP stated. I was about to return it until I did a search online. At first I thought it was a power issue. Every other day I was getting an error stating that I didn't shut down my ps4 correctly. Then I remembered sometimes my ps4 would not accept a disc. So I stood my ps4 vertically and guess what happened. The problem went away. But I hate seeing my ps4 vertical so I went a bought some small rubber foot pads to go in each corner. Never had a problem since.

I was just trying to give the OP a suggestion. It sounds like the same problem I had.

Youtube How to fix ps4 ejection problem.

Long story short. Set the ps4 vertical, if that doesn't work. Send it back.

Edited by BarneyBadAss