Sorting duplicate lists into one position in the Games section

Hi, I would like to offfer you Sly to make a new sort button which will split duplicate positions of one game into one section.

So I have uploaded screenshots how this should be done in my opinion. Just want to publish it and see any feedback from PSN users/ votes etc.

Yes, It's not finished idea because I still think how can we split different lists of one game with different amount of trophies (Screen 3) (Games like Guacamelee PS3 and PS4, Deus EX HR usual and director's cut edition), always I don't know how to design different rarities because on my screens there are one AVERAGE and one OWNERS column.

I just wanted to show my thoughts about ideal trophy list because it helps users to see if game have JP list for example or not without searching in the Other section of Games list. The Games list also become more laconic.

Best Wishes, Just_Amaz1ng.

post-62627-0-40851400-1413182672_thumb.jpg

post-62627-0-87107000-1413182679_thumb.jpg

post-62627-0-29487300-1413182684_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Euhm there really aren't that many games to warrant the dev time in my opinion. Also, Deus Ex and Directors cut are different games (one has DLC built in)

I can see the reasoning, but I'm not sure how many games would really benefit from it ?

Nope, there are enough games, just scroll all lists by letter and you'll see.

I really could help to do routine work with the lists if it's needed. This is just prototype of idea, not great but it'll be very cool. Just look C letter: 

Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL x 3

CATHERINE x 2

Cel Damage HD x 2

Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer x 3

CHAOS;HEAD NOAH x 2

CHAOS;HEAD らぶChu☆Chu! x 2

Child of Light x 3

CLANNAD x 2

CLASH OF THE TITANS x 3

CONCEPTION II Children of the Seven Stars x 2

Contrast x 5 (!!!)

CounterSpy x 2

Crimsonland x 2 

CROSS†CHANNEL ~For all people~ x 2

So only in C section there are 14 games with duplicates and if we count all lists we would got 35 lists in total. And this is annoying. Also japanese lists often named differently and written not in latin symbols (For example Guacamelee JP edition, try to find it in the other section)

And also I wish one day we receive ability to sort only games with platinum like some of other trophy sites, this would be awesome.

And also I had an idea to have a red glow in the games where platinum or other trophies is unobtainable. In addition it'll be very good if user could see green background in the games lists on games which he\she already had on his/her profile.

2763 games tracked - If I take 100 where there are duplicate lists (a guess) that means it is 4% of all games. 200 games would be 7%; although the latter is pushing it quite a bit

Cross platform games are all moving to 1 list these days, so that only means that the seperate region lists will exist (so even lesser games moving forward)

I guess (although don't quote me on it) that these changes would also have to be manual, so I'll keep my thoughts on dev time > amount of games. but anything that can make the site grow is always a good thing, so I won't reply any more (don't want to be a downer on good ideas, just sharing my thoughts)

Edited by Memnoch

IDK if you are trying to "Merge all the Existing Lists into 1 Section" or just make A "Filter" with "1 Bracket" containing "all the links" to that Game's "Many list Versions(Vita, PS3, PS4, English, Korean, Japanese, NA, EU) ", that are already existing on the site "Below the Game's title"?

I honestly like the "Separate Lists System" the way it currently stands, why change it; when it's not really a bother to anyone.

Also each of those "separate Lists" Bear Calculated stats "starting from their respected individual version's release"(Vita, PS3, PS4, English, Japanese, Korean, Localized NA/EU).

The Isolated lists also help keep track of the "Average Version Owners" from all the respected releases, that i'm sure many come to use better estimated when Separate.

For instance The "Localized English version of "XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO" Sold poorly outside of "Japan", and had slightly greater sales from the "Vita" then the "PS3" if you compare all 4 lists(which you'd never know if they were merged).

Also By looking @ the "#1 ranked Dirty Leaderboard", there are over "1,939 tracked games"(because I doubt he can have every single game tracked, even if he somehow manged to "buy" or "Pirate" or even "Borrow" all of them), and "that's a lot of games" to run down to check if they are "single-listed" or have a "duplicate List" somewhere in that same or "Other"(Some of those "Japanese" titles to a "non-Japanese" reader are only recognizable by "Thumbnail") Sections.

Let's not forget the list will only Grow in number as time passes, while A person's patience can possibly only Diminish until they get feed up of keeping track. 

I think only the Developers themselves can make a "Console Merged/Shared/Separate Trophy set" for each game, which is why people Purchase a Game's multiple Versions to "Re-get trophies" of a game they already finished for the sake of "trophies".

This site only tracks that data, But let's say this "If you do filter it, which "List" would it send you to from that "Name link"(The first Released Set?); wouldn't the "game title" supporting many lists below have to no-longer be a link, since all the links are below it now?"

It's better for people to just get acquainted with their respected tracked lists(which are all in "Each Person's Profile").

But IDK, as long as we can "Still keep, all the existing Lists/w their respected Stamped Records" on the site, i'm quite fine with it.....But again it's simply too much work to go through Organizing with the already listed & Future coming Sets(especially Manually checking).

Edited by DarknessKey92