The Classic Game Room Thread!

Parker

So as many people know, I am a huge retro gaming fan and as such I'm a massive Classic Game Room fan as well. I've actually been watching Mark since the original "The Game Room" in 1999 and I was ecstatic when he came back in 2008 and started reviewing again. He doesn't have Dave with him anymore but the show just keeps getting better and better. 

Mark just recently started using Kickstarter because he wanted to start a comic book series. Being a huge fan of his I backed the first day I could, dropping $100 for Lord Karnage Book 1. Obviously a comic book isn't going to be $100 by itself so Mark included a bunch of awesome stuff in the package as well. I've been waiting months for everything to be finished and show up at my door and today was that day!

Here is what I got.

Lord Karnage shirt...

LordKarnageShirtFront_zps088829cd.jpg

LordKarnageBack_zpsf8754ff8.jpg

A bunch of CGR character prints...

Lord Karnage

LordKarnage_zpsf9b9bd1f.jpg

Lord Karnage with his flying El Camino

LordKarnageandElCamino_zps2060c66f.jpg

Squidtrex

Squidtrex_zpsce85e141.jpg

The Intergalactic Space Arcade

IntergalacticSpaceArcadeBlueprints_zpse0

Ethel the Cyborg Ninja

EtheltheCyborgNinja_zps3f32bc76.jpg

Here is the book itself. 

LordKarnageBook1Cover_zpsc59568ca.jpg

Inside cover, signed by Mark. 

MarksSignature_zpsa9dbba26.jpg

And an overview picture showing just about everything. 

LordKarnageBook1BackerStuff_zpsfffc2d26.

Needless to say, I am extremely happy with all of this stuff and the prints will be getting framed and hung on my wall for sure. 

So, did anyone else back his projects? He also has a Best of Classic Game Room Blue Ray coming out, and in CGR fashion he had an awesome Laser Disc edition (not an actual Laser Disc, unfortunately) that I backed. When that arrives I will show pictures of it as well. 

Has Mark inspired any of you to pick up a game? If so, which one(s)? One of the games Mark inspired me to get was Ferrari Challenge for the PS3. Mark and I have very similar interests in games so when he spoke highly of it, I had to pick it up.

It is crazy to see his videos from that long ago though. He has really come into his own and now he is really the only reviewers opinion that I trust. 

Anyone else a Classic Game Room fan? If so, post up your favorite video!

Parker

• Like 4

His reviews are the best and it never seems like he goes in fishing to find things wrong with the games he reviews like so many other mainstream sources. Really want that Ferrari game too!

That is one of the things I like the most about Mark. He generally always finds the good in every game and focuses on that. He'll touch on the negatives and the things he didn't like but overall the majority of his reviews are very positive. I think I can count on one hand the number of reviews he has done where he really disliked the game and did a negative review. With so much negativity in the gaming world, it is very refreshing.

Also, Ferrari Challenge is a great game, especially with a wheel. The physics are actually pretty damn good but it does take a little bit of playtime to get used to them. You should definitely check it out if you prefer a more realistic racing game, it should be pretty cheap nowadays too. 

Parker

• Like 1

I (almost) always check if Classic Game Room has reviewed a game I'm thinking about buying, and usually there is one  :yay:

My wife thinks Mark sounds like Seth Rogen, I myself cannot find any similarities between them whatsoever.

"Are you watching that Seth Rogen man again?", "Are you gonna buy another game AGAIN? I can tell, I can hear Rogen from your computer...", and so on...

Funny coincidence, I just started playing G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, based solely on one of those cool reviews.

So yeah, definitely my favorite reviewer(s) on Youtube, or in that whole Interweb thing overall  :lol: